• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cheap S1 DVDs for the UK

I've just heard that http://www.streetsonline.co.uk/ is taking pre-orders of the UK edition of Babylon 5: The Complete First Season at £35.09 (about $55 USD)

The price does not include shipping, but that's only £1.00 for addresses within the U.K. (Don't recall if Blackstar's price included shipping or not.) The price is this low because they're running a 10% off promotion that ends Monday evening, so you only have a few more hours to take advantage of the super-cheap deal. But even then the price only goes up to £38.99, which is still £11.00 cheaper than Blackstar. (DVD street is listing £49.99 as the Recommended Retail Price, and discounting from there. This may be a mistake on their part, in which case you'll want to place your order soon before they catch it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

Regards,

Joe

**Deep, deep sigh**

Estonia's not on their (rather short) list of countries they ship to. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif What was to be expected, I suppose. This did sound too good to be true.

But this still sounds like an excellent deal for anyone living in countries they *do* ship to. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Kribu: </font color>
Estonia's not on their (rather short) list of countries they ship to. What was to be expected, I suppose. This did sound too good to be true. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

[/quote]

I'm surprised that no one's thought of this, but perhaps a B5TV buddy in the UK could buy one for you and send it to you. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm working on it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif So I think I should be covered for. *Does a little happy dance*

Estonia's not on their (rather short) list of countries they ship to. What was to be expected, I suppose. This did sound too good to be true.

But this still sounds like an excellent deal for anyone living in countries they *do* ship to.

[/quote]
I suggest that you write/email the company to see if they are willing to add Estonia (and Scandinavia) to their list of destinations. The list looks too much like the standard list of Britain’s ex-colonies plus the Common Market countries. They probably did not think that they would have customers elsewhere. The Royal Mail (Consignia) website says that airmail to Estonia is the standard European price but a customs declaration is also needed. I do not know if Estonia has any import rules that the shop would need to know about.

Royal Mail (Consignia)

(Note some Internet readers cannot handle this link.)

[Edit note: edited the URL to stop horizontal scrolling - Kribu]

Thanks, Andrew. I'll think about it, but I'll try Joe's suggestion first. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

And thanks for that link, Joe - a page like this is something I've been looking for for a while (obviously not looking well enough), and I don't think I'm the only one who will appreciate it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anything that comes to over 1000 kr is too much, for obvious reasons (VAT added by customs). /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
But yeah, I suppose that since it's only now starting to turn up in online stores, it's still too early. I'd prefer to have the R2 version though, if it's not much more than the US prices.

I doubt though that it would fall much below £40, that's why the StreetsOnline offer was so lucrative.

Anything that comes to over 1000 kr is too much, for obvious reasons (VAT added by customs).

[/quote]
i didnt said it wasnt too much /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Sigma

Even though I live in the UK, I'm not going to reserve mine yet - as special features often vary between regions, and since I have a region free player I will bide my time and wait for the region announcements....

As I said in another thread... Amazon will get them soon hopefully. I suggest everyone waits to see what the price is there. They're not out until October, so you have plenty of time to pre-order. Plus, shopping through Amazon helps fund this site. With *another* server move on the horizon, helping this site is always appreciated. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I will also hopefully be doing many DVD features soon, as well as B5 interviews. So there's plenty to come on this subject. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Also, Blackstar are rip-off merchants, they really are. I used to be so loyal to them, now I won't touch them with a barge pole.

I'm definitely with The_One on this one too... wait to see how they box sets differe, if at all. Even the Trek ones differ in design.

Well if you're reall stuck Kribu then I can order 2 for my adress then send it marked as a gift on customs declaration, legally I think.

Nah, it's OK Kaleb. As I said, I think I have things worked out. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

But thanks for the offer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Hello
Another site for region 2 is 101cd.com - current price £36.99 incl P+P - I,ve had good service for other box sets from them and I can always cancel later if a better deal comes along. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
(DVD street is listing £49.99 as the Recommended Retail Price, and discounting from there. This may be a mistake on their part, in which case you'll want to place your order soon before they catch it.)

[/quote]

I ordered the S1 boxset from their site, with that price it was just too good to let go. It also was too good to be true. I placed the order thinking I could always cancel it. I completely forgot they also had a right to cancel, like when the item isn't available.
They finally figured out their price was way too low, and canceled my order. They now carry a price of £48.99, with a recommended retail price of £69.99.

btw, 101cd.com now carries a price of £48.99.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back