• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

CHAT AT SCIFI TONIGHT

bruckner

Thomas Vitale (SCIFI's Senior Vice President for Acquisitions, Scheduling and Programming Planning) will be at www.scifi.com/chat to take questions about about upcoming original products, current favorite series, and classic movies. He is one of the people who could decide whether or not "Legend of the Rangers" goes to series. If you have time tonight, you might want to drop over and see what he has to say.

Sandy

------------------
Sandra Bruckner
Editor/Publisher
ISN News: The Zocalo Today (www.isnnews.net)

I'll try to be there
cool.gif

------------------

What time does it start in GMT? I'm there as 'RangerMarc'.
smile.gif

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Lord:
What time does it start in GMT?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It starts at 8 Eastern. According to http://greenwichmeantime.com/, that puts the chat at:

Midnight GMT.
1 o'clock British Summer Time.
2 o'clock Central European Time.

BTW - Anyone know if that fscking flooder is still attacking Scifi.com chats?

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

2 AM... and work day tomorrow.
frown.gif

Well, I guess I'll just have to leave it to the rest of you guys to ask really great questions - and to convince Mr Vitale that SciFi absolutely needs to produce a Rangers' series.
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

Thanks Drakh, try and see you guys there.

------------------
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

Remeber the chat people - it's about to start... And put Ranger in front of your name... Right now it's flooding with invisible people!

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.

Chat, now! -- Kosh

The only way to get pertinent answers
is to ask impertinent questions. -- Montoya

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

I tried Ranger hypatia, then Crusade hypatia. Yes, the "Invisible" people filled the room. I left the chat early, since it seemed his answer about Crusade and Rangers was pretty definitive pretty early: Just like we keep hearing. The "fan reaction" (i.e. the ratings) will decide all of the future for Rangers and Crusade.

I give up until January, officially, now.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Bah, not much of a Ranger turnout and very little on Rangers... seemed to dodge any commitment questions to Rangers. Didn't really ease my fears of Rangers not going to a series. In his words "If the movie does really well, there's a chance it can go to series". So it's all upto the movie ratings now (even then it's only a chance), I doubt they're gonna sign the actors when waiting to see if it does well so they could move on in the meantime. *crys*
frown.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dark Lord (edited October 11, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Just like we keep hearing. The "fan reaction" (i.e. the ratings) will decide all of the future for Rangers and Crusade.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The actual statement about Rangers, after noting earlier that SCI-FI were deciding the new acquisitions now and waxing positively about lots of other shows was:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>If it does really well there is a chance it could go to series.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crusade was only considered as a possible sub-plot of Rangers.

Best,
Alyson

------------------

[This message has been edited by ala (edited October 11, 2001).]

It was sad really. There were about a hundred Invisible Man fans and five of us Rangers. We really showed them.
crazy.gif

------------------
--Never argue with an
idiot. They will drag you
down to their level and
then beat you with
experience.--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ala:
Crusade was only considered as a possible sub-plot of Rangers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which isn't to say that jms might try to do something more if and when Rangers establishes itself on SciFi... Given good enough rahings - anything is possible
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delenn_is_a_hotty:
It was sad really. There were about a hundred Invisible Man fans and five of us Rangers. We really showed them.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meaningless.

All the I-Man fans in the world showing up for a chat won't help that show if the numbers aren't there when it really counts.

As they say, it the ratings that matter. The time to be there for Rangers is January.

Until then, spread the word. Get people to watch. If they're Nielson families, pay them vast sums of money to watch. ( kidding
wink.gif
)

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

[This message has been edited by taichidave (edited October 11, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delenn_is_a_hotty:
It was sad really. There were about a hundred Invisible Man fans and five of us Rangers. We really showed them. :rolley:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It really doesn't add up to much more than moral support. Besides, they were a lot more motivated, since they just learnt that the show is in danger of cancellation. (You should have seen the Crusade for Crusade campaign in it's heyday
cool.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited October 11, 2001).]

I must refine my skill of asking impertinent questions.
smile.gif
None got through, but it was interesting to read.

They mentioned that there will be another chat with Thomas Vitale in "some months" -- which would make it right before (or right after) B5LR has aired.

That would be a time when our presence would have SCIF's attention and thus also some influence. So let's not miss it!
smile.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
I must refine my skill of asking impertinent questions.
smile.gif
None got through, but it was interesting to read.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I Got One Question In & Answered!
smile.gif

Moderator - RangerKoshN: To publicize the upcoming Babylon 5 - Legend of
the Rangers Movie, why doesn't Sci-Fi
enlist the help of the Babylon 5/Crusade fans, by providing some
inside-the-window decals and/or
bumperstickers? That could reach people who don't currently have Sci-Fi.
Might pick up some subscribers.

Thomas-Vitale - our marketing group is looking
Thomas-Vitale - for some grass roots ways for fans
Thomas-Vitale - to help promote B5
Thomas-Vitale - our web group is looking into the same
Thomas-Vitale - i agree -- the best people to push rangers are
Thomas-Vitale - the committed fans of the b5 uni
Thomas-Vitale - watch this space for how you can help

Now, let's see if anything actually happens. I'm betting "No."

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Which reminds me, what was with the guy's ability to form coherent sentances, I've heard of stutters but not when typing.
smile.gif
I know it's just a chat thing but sometimes it was hard to follow him.

------------------

Keep in mind that this guy was probably under very Strict instructions to answer Innocuous questions but Promise Nothing.

This sort of thing is a Publicity tool.

Announcements of the sort we want to hear are made at "news conferences" set up to entice the Media Writers (the ones who get ink in Hundreds of newspapers) to say good things about the show.
One of the few perks they can offer these people (aside from free food and booze) is the chance to be First to get the story in print. And the EgoBoost is worth more to these people than the Lunch is.

Going back to the office and telling your editor you had a nice lunch doesn't do much. Telling him you came back with something New to print makes him want to keep you on the payroll.
At least until dinner time.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

Back