• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Chappelle's Show

PsionTen

Regular
Chappelle\'s Show

I hope I'm not the only one here who watches this show, because I was laughing my ass off during that Wayne Brady sketch last night.

Re: Chappelle\'s Show

I love the Dave Chappelle Show! I missed this past one though. It's some of the funniest shit on television. I'm glad season one's out on DVD. That was the best $20 I've spent in a long time. :cool:

Oh man, you gotta catch it during the re-run this weekend. When Wayne Brady stares down this prostitute and says, "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?" I nearly lost it. Definitely one of the best episode of the year along with "Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories."

When I saw this thread I was gonna type the same quote. I also love how Brady killed the cop.

This show is generally hit and miss with me, but I watch because the hits are very amusing. It has such a sloppy, amateurish feel that's completely different (and funnier) than the slick but dull and safe garbage on other sketch shows.

Because the Rick James show was so great, everybody seems to forget about Charlie Murphy's other Hollywood story: playing basketball with Prince. And then he made them pancakes.

Between that and Kevin Smith's monologue about his encounter with Prince on the DVD of his college speaking tour, my new hobby is seeking out Prince tales.

Good point... the Prince story was actually better than the Rick James story. BTW, from what I understand, Prince was one of the best high school point guards around back in the day, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if Charlie Murphy was telling the truth -- though Prince dunking on some dude's head is a little hard to believe.

And you're also right about the show being hit or miss this season. If it wasn't for "Racial Draft '04" the first few episodes of the season would have sucked.

Chappelle's Show, along with SouthPark, is the funniest stuff on television right now. And they're both on the same night. Brilliant

The only thing I don't like about the show is that there are so few sketches and so many damn commercials. It seems like there's about three minutes of show, then its off to a commercial break.

That's even more obvious with the DVD's. Each episode is around 17-18 minutes in length. There are a couple that are longer, but not many. I don't understand why there are so many breaks. That's not typical of most shows.

Plus there are the musical guests, which are hit and miss for me. Most recently, I enjoyed Snoop (who's endlessly entertaining) and Erikha Bady (sp?).

But because I use my ReplayTV to watch everything, commercials and uninteresting musical guests don't bother me- I skip them.

Badu, and I actually posted the quote in the South Park thread because I didn't see this one.

I loved the STD muppet skit, "Hey Dave Chapelle, haven't seen you in a while."

There haven't been many skits I didn't find at least somewhat funny.

I loved the STD muppet skit, "Hey Dave Chapelle, haven't seen you in a while."
Oh man, I was on the floor laughing when that puppet with Snoop Dog's voice dropped his pants and showed the kids his penis.

I loved that skit. I laughed so hard at that I had the neighbors banging on the wall for me to shut up.

The music doesn't bother me so much. I'm not ashamed to admit I had not really ever heard of some of the people he brings on, like Talib Kwali or the Roots. The bad thing is that this brings the show's content down to what, two or three skits. That's just not enough.

Oh, dude, you never heard the Roots? Man, they are great. Really hip and modern sound: rappers and they play instruments. Their albums Things Fall Apart and Phrenology are awesome.

I know that now. I looked into them after I saw them on Chappelle's Show. They kick a whole lot of ass. If I only had the money to go out and buy their stuff.....

Hey hey hey, smoke weed every day.

I take back what I said earlier, there were some bad skits. I had just forgot since they were on such a roll lately but I caught a little of the marathon this weekend.

The toilet bit was real lame, but Black Bush made up for it.

"Oh, wait, the UN doesn't have an army. So shut up!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back