• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Centauri Trilogy Question

Cern

Regular
OK, i just remembered something. i dont remember which book it was in, but...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Vir was walking around the royal palace with a Technomage ShadowTech-detector on him. behind a door was a Drakh and a big "something" that the Mages couldn't identify. anybody have any ideas what that was? I was thinking it was a master control for the Drakh Plague, like the one the Technomage Virus used (the big mechanical doohicky Galen blew up with his staff in Crusade...</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

That's a pretty good guess. Or, it could be

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>a device to control the Drakh's ships or other destructive tools... </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

The answer to the question is ambiguos but as this is a public forum, my opinion is as valid as far as anyone elses. Or at least as far as logic is concerned.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I believe that the other entity in the room was Shiv'Ka'La himself. There was one drakh guarding the door. But from later paragraphs, the fact that Galen and the others did not comment further on the other thing or entity prompted me to conclude it was Shiv'Ka'la. I don't think Shiv'ka'la in his big-bloated head of ego would stoop so low as to kill Vir himself. That job is suppose to be for the lower level drakh, the ones with a skull like helmet with red eyes. The fact that Shiv'ka'la escaped rather than face Caso's band of guards when trying to kill Vir [Out of the Darkness, third part of trilogy] is one eevidence of it. Rather than have the courage to die valiantly, he escaped. There is no other way he could have survived Caso's ambushed.</font></td></tr></table>

To summarise, it was Shiv'ka'la. And that book was Part 2: Armies of Light and Darkness.

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

[This message has been edited by AngelSummers (edited December 29, 2001).]

I would think it was too as the "soldier Drakh" are smaller in size...

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back