• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Cannot find techno-mages book 2

I've been buying up the trilogy books for the last year. So far I have the Centauri trilogy and the Psi-corp trilogy. I bought book 1 of the techno mages trilogy and then discovered that NO ONE is selling book 2, :eek: Summoning Light. Book 3 invoking darkness is still available, so why is book 2 not available anywhere for less than $23.00??? Could anyone please give me some ideas or answers as to why they would leave the middle book of a trilogy out of print?? :confused:

I just tried that, (thanks for the heads up), but when I went to check out it said that the seller has zero copies left. Why they still show him as a viable seller is beyond me. Oh well, I guess i don't get to read book 2 of the techno mage trilogy. :mad:

Ya kow, that irritates the heck out of me. I think it's a matter of periodic refreshes, rather than automatic removals of sold items. It's happened to me once or twice.

Another time, I found a couple seasons of ST:DS9 for about $40ea new, and I figured it was "loss leaders" (IE: Cut rate something you have an abundance of stock on, in order to draw in customers who will be loyal and buy alot from you, allowing you to recoup the loss from the "Loss Leaders"). So, naturally I jumped on it, but, it turned out they cancelled my order and told me it was a screw up. It's like, "hey, you lsited it, I bought it, it's a contract, you can't back out". That really irritated me. Although I like DS9 best of all the "New Generations of Star Trek" I'm not willing to pay $80 or more per season for them.

Book 3 invoking darkness is still available,

1. Buy Book 3 "Invoking Darkness" while you still CAN find it.

2. Then, search for Book 2 "Summoning Light."

so why is book 2 not available anywhere for less than $23.00???

Supply and demand?

Could anyone please give me some ideas or answers as to why they would leave the middle book of a trilogy out of print?? :confused:

"They?" They being Del Rey?

Re: ATTN JMS: Novels Question - 7/9/2002 8:45:00 PM

Still, I'll ask Steve Saffel at Del Rey to see if reprinting some or all of the Del Rey B5 trilogies is being considered. I wish they'd continue the Crusade storyline in novel form. It's probably the only way we'll ever get any kind of resolution.

On the negative side, I got

----- Original Message -----
To: <koshn.....>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:55 PM
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
>
> Delivery to the following recipients failed.
>
> SSaffel@randomhouse.com

and

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/editor/bio_sws.html
The page you are looking for has expired.

Maybe, my contact no longer works there? <shrug> :confused: :(

On the positive side, Summoning Light is still available from the publisher (Del Rey):
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780345427229

Here's what a search on "Babylon 5" returned.
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/results.pperl?title_auth_isbn=Babylon+5&x=5&y=9

Thanks for all the info so quick. I tried the link to randomhouse, got all the way to the checkout and was told"this item is no longer in stock. Your cart is now empty."

Thanks for all the info so quick. I tried the link to randomhouse, got all the way to the checkout and was told"this item is no longer in stock. Your cart is now empty."

Gosh, starting to sound like a conspiracy.

You're not Green Drazi I know from some other sites are you?

Think I've found one, locally, new for $6.99 +7% tax. Won't know for sure until tomorrow.

no, sorry, this is my first time using the alias, green drazi, so there's another floating around out there.

KoshN, thanks for all the looking around you've been doing. Let me know what you find.

FWIW, I found 1 copy of "Summoning Light," and will be mailing it to Green Drazi in a couple of days.

Also, Borders lists Legions of Fire - Book III as "Out of Print."

Excerpt from a newsletter I just got from Jeanne Cavelos:

**UPDATES** THE PASSING OF THE TECHNO-MAGES Over the last month, I've
heard from many people that volumes 2 and 3 of THE PASSING OF THE
TECHNO-MAGES are becoming very difficult to find. I've asked the people
at Del Rey if they intend to keep the trilogy in print and haven't
received an answer yet. In the meantime, if anyone needs copies, I have
a box of each title, and you can contact me for details.

She can be reached at jcavelos@sff.net

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back