• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Can anyone tell me....

drakh

Regular
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tygirwulf:
What episode does Gideon get the Apocalypse Box?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It's one of the flashbacks in The Path of Sorrows. I believe it's episode 9 in SciFi's order.

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited December 03, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tygirwulf:
What episode does Gideon get the Apocalypse Box?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Path of Sorrows

When SciFi had the Crusade marathon, I'd occasionally watch for a few minutes while it was taping, before returning to what I was supposed to be doing. One scene showed Gideon in plain clothes, playing poker. He won what I recognized as the Apocalypse Box, then the guy he won it from told him it lies, then starts laughing and talking about being free. I thought it was weird, and went back to what I was doing.

Well, a few days later, I had time to sit down and watch all the Crusade eps. I watched 7 of them one night, and the other 6 the following morning. I didn't see the episode where it showed Gideon getting Apocalypse Box. Can you help me out? I'd also like to know where it was in SciFi's airing order, so I know what tape it was on.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"RACING THE NIGHT"
"THE NEEDS OF EARTH"
"THE MEMORY OF WAR"
"THE LONG ROAD"
"VISITORS FROM DOWN THE STREET"
"THE WELL OF FOREVER"
"EACH NIGHT I DREAM OF HOME"
"PATTERNS OF THE SOUL"
"THE PATH OF SORROWS"
"RULING FROM THE TOMB"
"THE RULES OF THE GAME"
"WAR ZONE"
"APPEARANCES AND OTHER DECEITS"

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Gideon didn't get the Apocalyps box during Crusade. He'd won it in a poker game sometime earlier. That's why we saw it as a Flashback.

We may or may not find out what he'd been doing with it in the interim.

He's had it at least long enough to find out that it can help give him information about possible worlds to search for the cure.
Gideon isn't one to trust easily.
It'd be interesting to know what the box has done for him in the past that makes him rely on it.
And why he conceals it so carefully from Galen.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

What episode does Gideon get the Apocalypse Box? When SciFi had the Crusade marathon, I'd occasionally watch for a few minutes while it was taping, before returning to what I was supposed to be doing. One scene showed Gideon in plain clothes, playing poker. He won what I recognized as the Apocalypse Box, then the guy he won it from told him it lies, then starts laughing and talking about being free. I thought it was weird, and went back to what I was doing.

Well, a few days later, I had time to sit down and watch all the Crusade eps. I watched 7 of them one night, and the other 6 the following morning. I didn't see the episode where it showed Gideon getting Apocalypse Box. Can you help me out? I'd also like to know where it was in SciFi's airing order, so I know what tape it was on. I've skimmed through the whole series 3 times since then, and each time, I seem to miss when he gets the Box. I'm starting to think I hallucinated the scene I saw.

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

I am sure I remember reading a rumour somewhere that the box could have been of vorlon origin.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> If this is true, you can bet your underpants that The Box would be very keen to keep its presence hidden from Galen, given that the whole basis of the Technomage's power is shadowtech. </font></td></tr></table>

Not sure that that particularly needed a spoiler box, but I just fancied giving one a try
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

Hey look !!

I've earned a second "pip"

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

[Anthony, call the asylum, we've got another one - the massed ranks of B5LR.com]
------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

[This message has been edited by GaribaldisHair (edited December 04, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaribaldisHair:

[Anthony, call the asylum, we've got another one - the massed ranks of B5LR.com]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, it's full already
smile.gif

------------------
Logical thinking - Perfect weapon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I am sure I remember reading a rumour somewhere that the box could have been of vorlon origin. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Apocolypse Box is another one of those topics that always comes back. We've had some good discussions on it. JMS said the box was older than the Vorlons or Shadows but younger than Lorien. There are six of them scattered around the Universe. What their purpose is, or what they would do if they were ever brought together, is unknown to anyone except JMS at this point.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

[This message has been edited by B5_Obsessed (edited December 04, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
And why he conceals it so carefully from Galen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it wants him to. It doesn't trust Galen -- at least once, it tells Gideon to "be ware" of him.

Of course, we don't know why it doesn't trust Galen...

(spoilers for Invoking Darnkess

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>By the time of Crusade, Galen has become an anti-Shadowtech crusader. JMS has said that the Apocalypse box isn't Shadowtech, but will Galen stop to fully determine what's behind it? Perhaps it, or another like it, had something to do with the rise of the shadows in the first place?</font></td></tr></table>

-g

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaribaldisHair:
I am sure I remember reading a rumour somewhere that the box could have been of vorlon origin.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> If this is true, you can bet your underpants that The Box would be very keen to keep its presence hidden from Galen, given that the whole basis of the Technomage's power is shadowtech. </font></td></tr></table>

Not sure that that particularly needed a spoiler box, but I just fancied giving one a try
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I've always thought it must be shadowtech.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>As for the mages comment, that's not something theiy're happy about, especially Galen. Has anyone heard anything about the Technomages possibly finding an alternative Tech? Could be an interesting story idea, especially if the search for it were worked in as a sideplot to LOTR...)</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Darkwing
Let's..get..dangerous

[This message has been edited by Darkwing (edited December 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Darkwing (edited December 11, 2001).]

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> </font></td></tr></table>

Does anyone realise that Apocolypse Box was voiced by Gary Cole?

Interesting.
cool.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back