• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 3

Disclaimer: Same as before.

Chapter 3 Joining the Anla’Shok

Latiya and Delenn returned to the compound to see that John and David were gone. Delenn began to panic, but she found a short note explaining that they had gone for a walk. Delenn sighed with relief.

"At least they were not taken away." Delenn commented.

Latiya smiled weakly and went to her room. She sat on her bed and sighed. She heard her door open and she looked up to see Delenn come in. Delenn sat next to Latiya and kept eye contact.

"What’s wrong?"

Latiya sighed. "My visions may get in the way of the calling of my heart."

"And, what is the calling of your heart?"

"Right now, it is to join the Anla’Shok."

"Then, you may do so. Do not let your visions scare you away from the calling of your heart. Your visions are just warning you so that maybe you do not make a mistake." Delenn explained.

"Do you really think so?"

"Of course." Delenn said, smiling.

Latiya smiled and hugged Delenn tightly. Delenn was startled at first, but soon put her arms around Latiya in return.

"I don’t mean to cut you short, Latiya. Sect Turvall is calling for me, the guard tells me. I will be back shortly."

"Promise me that you will come back. It is dreadfully lonely here." Latiya said.

"I promise." Chantal said sincerely.

Latiya smiled for the first time that day as Chantal left the cell. Latiya leaned back against the stone wall and sighed. Maybe she did have a small chance of getting out of jail.

"I am so lucky to have a friend like Chantal." she said aloud.

Then, she stifled a yawn. Her eyes began to droop and she felt herself falling into sleep.

"Latiya? Latiya!"

Latiya groaned and opened her tired eyes. Chantal was hovering above her; a worried expression had creased her face. She now looked relieved.

"Thank God. I thought you had died or something."

"Why would I die? I know that I have something to do…something worth living for."

Chantal sat down. "Okay. We left off when Delenn told you that your visions would never get in the way of joining the Anla’Shok."

"So, a month passed, in Human terms, and I turned sixteen. That day, I wen to Delenn to talk about joining."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Latiya? You know that it is very dangerous."

"I know. But, it has always been my dream to serve our people. There is no better way to do that than to join the Anla’Shok."

Delenn smiled. "You would join the Anla’Shok to help our people and others?"

"Yes." Latiya said.

"Done. I will take care of everything. Welcome to the Anla’Shok."

"Thank you, Delenn."

Latiya bowed and left. Waiting by the door was an older Minbari dressed in a Ranger outfit. Latiya bowed in respect to him.

"Are you Latiya?"

"Yes."

"Follow me."

Latiya watched him go towards the foyer and she followed with her head bowed in respect.

"Have any of your family been in the Anla’Shok?" the man asked.

"Yes. Both of my parents and my guardian."

"Who was your guardian?"

"Joshua Thomason."

The Minbari stopped in his tracks and faced Latiya, a look of complete surprise on his face.

"So, you know the ways of the Anla’Shok?"

"Yes. Everything except the Denn’bok and flying ships." Latiya replied promptly.

They walked outside and walked to the Ranger Training Center. They entered the brightly-lit building.

"Sect Turvall. A new recruit?"

"Yes. This is Latiya. Joshua Thomason’s adopted daughter."

"Ah. Where shall I take her?"

"Take her to Marcus. She has learned everything else except the Denn’bok and flying ships."

"Yes, Sect Turvall."

"Go on child. Follow her." Turvall said.

Latiya bowed to him and then followed the Human. They walked down the corridor to a room on the left.

"We will need to get you a uniform first. Go in there. There should be uniforms on the left and changing rooms on the right."

Latiya nodded and as the door opened, entered the room. On the left were stacks of pants, shirts, cloaks, and a bin filled with pins. She grabbed one from each pile and went into one of the changing rooms. Eagerly, she put on her uniform. She left the changing room and walked out to the corridor. The Human smiled.

"That was quick. That’s how I like it. Follow me."

The Human walked swiftly to the end of the corridor. The door opened to reveal a big room with ten students with Denn’boks out. The instructor was a Human with black hair and a short black beard. The instructor looked up.

"Hello, Clarese. A new recruit for me?"

"Yes, Marcus. She is…" Clarese paused and looked at Latiya. "How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

Clarese nodded and looked back up at Marcus. "This is Latiya. She is six-"

"I heard how old she was." He looked at Latiya. "Take a denn’bok and join your classmates over there. You came just in time to learn the basics."

Latiya bowed and went to the side of the room where several extended denn’boks were hanging on the wall. She tried to take one down, but could not reach because of her height.

There were two Minbari in the class that showed no emotion while all the Human students began to snicker. Her face became hot and she blushed furiously. Marcus came over and got one down for her. She took it from him and looked down at the floor.

"Thank you," she said quietly.

Marcus smiled and led Latiya to the rest of the students. Latiya practiced extending and closing her weapon.

"Thank you, Clarese." Marcus said.

"See you later, Marcus." Clarese said as she left.

"All right recruits. Let’s get to work." Marcus ordered.

"So, I learned how to use that weapon quickly."

"Yeah, I know. I remember. That’s where you met Edward, Tannia, and I. It was the start of a lovely friendship."

"Yes, it was."

"I remember what happened up until our first break. I don’t know what you did then."

"Well, I went back to the Interstellar Alliance Compound to visit everyone. By this time, David had turned four, in Human terms."

"Latiya! It’s so nice to see you!" Delenn cried happily as she embraced Latiya.

"I missed all of you as well. How are you all?" Latiya asked.

"Fine. David missed you so much."

Latiya looked behind Delenn to see David running towards them.

"Laya! Laya, you’re back!" David cried.

"David! Where do you think you’re going?" John’s voice rang through the foyer.

Delenn turned around to come face to face with her half- dressed son. He was in a tee shirt, underwear, and socks. Latiya giggled and Delenn smiled.

"David, got to your father and finish dressing. Then, you may see Latiya."

"Okay," he said, running off.

Delenn laughed to herself and then turned to Latiya. "How was training? I heard you ended up with Marcus Cole."

"Well, the denn’bok was pretty easy for me to learn. One of our exercises was to beat Anla’shok Cole. I beat him once, I believe. But, I believe he let me win."

"That doesn’t sound like him at all. You came just in time for dinner. Would you care to join us?"

"I would love to, Delenn." Latiya said, following Delenn to the dining room.

"How long will you be staying?"

"For two days. We are supposed to go on a mission. Sect Turvall will be taking us. It will be my first scouting mission."

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. August 23, 2001.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Interesting.
smile.gif

I already have an almost believable guess about one event which might come. Now I'll only have to wait and see.
wink.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Nice! Very nice.....more please.
cool.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

I take it they found a way to bring Marcus back from the dead?
smile.gif

Very interesting. Please write more.
smile.gif

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

Yes. ALthough I do not go into detail about that, he is alive and well.
smile.gif

I think that would've been good, because he was too good of a character to die. Even though it was expected...

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Aww dammit! I'm not Neroon anymore. If I was I could've made a joke about teaching her the ways of the denn'bok
laugh.gif
Wait, I still can, I now officially declare myself to be Sol'Aris of the Wind Swords, Shai Alyt of the Warrior Caste.
Joke follows:
I could've taught her the ways of the Denn'Bok *winks*

------------------
-There is that short moment, before going to sleep, where you just think about your life, and you're finally proud of yourself, all the doubts are gone, and you feel like there is nothing in the world that you can't do - Me
Please go to my board..... Sol's Palace

Ignore the human in my avatar, it's a....... disguise, yah, that's it! A disguise
laugh.gif

------------------
-There is that short moment, before going to sleep, where you just think about your life, and you're finally proud of yourself, all the doubts are gone, and you feel like there is nothing in the world that you can't do - Me

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
Aww dammit! I'm not Neroon anymore. If I was I could've made a joke about teaching her the ways of the denn'bok
laugh.gif
Wait, I still can, I now officially declare myself to be Sol'Aris of the Wind Swords, Shai Alyt of the Warrior Caste.
Joke follows:
I could've taught her the ways of the Denn'Bok *winks*

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*declares Sol a temporary member of the Wind Swords*, and you are no Shai Alyt... I expect you to turn in your name card on the way out of this thread.
wink.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

Neroon is already dead, sorry about that. Marcus taught her and their's nothing you can do about it.
tongue.gif

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

War-Demon- Blasphemy!!!
I'll have you spaced for that! Just because I have a human avatar it doesn't mean that I'm not still the leader of the Minbari. I have lead you through countless wars, emerging victorious everytime!
To think, that a Moon Shield could accuse a Wind Sword of lying, it makes my blood boil. If it wasn't for Valen forbidding it, I would challenge you to Denn'Sha here and now!

EZD- I guess you didn't get what I was implying
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
War-Demon- Blasphemy!!!
I'll have you spaced for that! Just because I have a human avatar it doesn't mean that I'm not still the leader of the Minbari. I have lead you through countless wars, emerging victorious everytime!
To think, that a Moon Shield could accuse a Wind Sword of lying, it makes my blood boil. If it wasn't for Valen forbidding it, I would challenge you to Denn'Sha here and now!

EZD- I guess you didn't get what I was implying
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive me honorable Satai I thought you had left us, defected to the humans. If you are still a Minbari than you should atleast have a Minbari image. The new Lennier pic isn't that bad, it's alot better than the old one.

A Moon Shield?
I am a Wind Sword by right of my mother and father, a pure Wind Sword, and true warrior.

And it's Denn Shah, not Denn'Sha.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

I might, I'm still holding out in hope of something.

------------------

As far as I know, it was denn'sha. But I have no B5 scripts to check.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Yeah, see I was almost certain of it too, it was similar to Denn'bok.
So, what do you think of my new avatar? He's no Neroon, but atleast he's the right race
laugh.gif

------------------

Minbari?? Feh!!
laugh.gif

But yes, I thought it was denn'sha as well... the Minbari (as well as the Vorlons)seem to like words with apostrophes in them.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

Dang it! Will you people stop fighting over my story! If you want to fight, go to another thread! Anyway, Solaris, you are sick minded. Latiya does not do stuff like that. She is a good Minbari. She would never do stuff like that at the tender age of 16! Leave my character alone!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

[This message has been edited by EntilZhaDelenn (edited October 20, 2001).]

Tender age of 17??? That would make her exactly one year older than me, so if I don't mind, I don't see why she would
laugh.gif

Besides, if I can rule the universe at 16, then what's wrong with having a little fun.
Religious castes *scoffs*
They spoil everything....

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back