• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 22

Disclaimer: Same as chapter 1.

Author's Note: You all are going to get quite a jolt with this chapter.
laugh.gif

Chapter 22 Talk of the Future

Latiya hated doing that to Furrell, but he had to know how she felt about his attitude. She sat down and thought about what she had said to him.

She finally got up and walked around Babylon 5. She needed a break away from everything. Latiya walked to the Zocolo and looked at the different wares. There were so many things and Latiya was amazed.

She finally found a small vendor with tables and chairs set up close by. Latiya walked over to one of the empty tables and sat down. She rested her elbow on the table and rested her head on her closed fist.

She needed to apologize to Furrell she thought guiltily to herself. But, she decided not to. He deserved her words. He needed to realize that he was wrong. She lifted her head up in time to see someone in a hooded cloak come towards her. She sat up straight and lay her hand close to her denn’bok. The figure sat down. Latiya looked at the person strangely.

"Who are you?" Latiya asked.

"You will find out in good time, young one."

"What do you want?" Latiya asked, feeling uneasy.

The hooded person merely leaned back in the chair and was silent for a moment. Latiya was sure that the figure was probably looking her over and this thought made her more uneasy. She also leaned back in her chair to move far enough away from the person without being rude.

"You have a gift. My people hold that highly in our society. After this conflict ends, another will take its place. This is the time of great change for you."

"What are you talking about? Who are you?"

The person just sat there; never seeming phased by her questions. The person just continued talking. "Great change is yet to come for all around you. Your gift…it will be helpful to people, but a curse for you. You will realize that."

Latiya opened her mouth to talk, but the person just held up a hand to silence her.

"When you realize that, you will be troubled and comforted. You will find someone you can relate to…someone who will understand you better than Furrell."

"Leave Furrell alone! Who do you think you are? Leave me alone!" Latiya yelled, almost sounding hysterical.

"I can’t. You need my help. You will not get it now, but I will give you my assistance when I can."

Latiya looked at him, a sneaky smile spread across her face. "Why can’t you help me now?"

"I cannot reveal that to you at this time."

"Ha! You can’t help me! This is a scam!"

The person grabbed her wrist and held it firmly. This angered Latiya and she tried to wrench her wrist from the grip of the person.

"Unhand me!"

"I can help you, just not now. It is not the time. When the time comes, I will be there to help you."

Latiya finally ripped her wrist from the person’s grip. She stood up, hoping to look at the face of this person. The person; however, turned away from her eyes. She scoffed and turned away.

"Latiya Sheridan! You will find what you are looking for, but there will be a price to pay. Make what amends you need to while you still can. You will be sorry if you do not."

Latiya stood with her back turned to the person. She shook her head and walked away. She walked down a corridor and then turned left. She began wandering around; knowing well that she was lost.

She turned right and found herself in the doorway of a lovely, big garden. She walked in and fingered the design on a stone bench. The scent of the air was fragrant with flowers, fruits, and different plants.

She inhaled deeply as she sat on one of the benches. She looked up when she heard footsteps close by. It was Captain Ivanova.

"Hello, captain." Latiya said.

Ivanova smiled as she stood in front of her. "May I?"

"Of course."

Ivanova sat down next to Latiya and sighed. "When I saw you sitting here, staring at the plants, it reminded me of Delenn. She spent a lot of time here. I can’t say that I blame her. She was comforted here."

Latiya felt a lump begin to form in her throat and she tried to hold back tears. Ivanova noticed this.

"What’s wrong?"

"I miss them." Latiya whispered.

"Don’t worry. We’re almost done analyzing that data crystal. We’ll get that location and this Tannia person."

"I hope so. Captain, I met somebody today. Some person in black that wore a hood and spoke of the future."

Ivanova smiled. "Ah, you met him."

"Who is he?" Latiya asked.

"I’m not quite sure. All I know is that he’s been here for awhile and he hasn’t done anything wrong."

Latiya tried to stifle a yawn.

"Go and get some sleep. I will let you know if anything is found."

"Thank you, captain." Latiya said as she got up.

She then remembered what had brought her to this place.

"What?" Ivanova asked.

"I’m not really sure where…my quarters are." Latiya said, blushing.

Ivanova stood up and led the way. Latiya made sure that she memorized the way. They soon arrived and Latiya entered her quarters.

"Lights."

The lights flickered on and sitting on the couch was Furrell.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone." Latiya said.

"Latiya, I think we should talk. I know…I am not fond of my brother, but that should not get in the way of our relationship."

Latiya walked over to the kitchenette and poured herself a cup of water. She then walked over and set the cup on the table. She sat across from him and never spoke a word.

"Come on, Latiya."

"Furrell, I told you before! How can I be sure that you will treat better than Nerrel?" she paused. "Joshua once told me that you can tell the way a person will treat you by the way they treat their family. I believe that is very true, Furrell."

"And, how do you think I will treat you?" Furrell asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"You will appear to love me in public. Yes, those would be the only times you would actually show your affection. It would be the only time I will be happy. When we are alone, you will only tolerate me. You would pick at my faults and make a big deal every time my faults kick in. You will never love me, Furrell."

"Yes, I-" he paused and his face lit up with understanding. "I see what is going on."

Latiya tilted her head in confusion. "What?"

"You love Nerrel! You’re pushing me away so you can be with Nerrel without starting controversy!" Furrell said, standing up.

"You cannot believe that! How can you believe that?" Latiya exclaimed.

Furrell lifted his hand up and looked like he was going to strike her, but he hit the glass, breaking it and swiping it off of the table. Latiya gasped and leaned back in her chair. Furrell marched over to her and grabbed her arms. Latiya began to struggle, trying to free herself from his grip.

"Furrell…let…me…go!"

"No!" Furrell yelled.

He leaned over and tried to kiss her. He loosened his grip on one of her arms. She tore it out of his grip and slapped him. He went staggering back as Latiya stood up and extended her denn’bok.

He stood up straight and tackled Latiya. She fell back into the chair, her denn’bok being the only thing separating them. She pushed him away with her weapon and he fell back against the table. She stood back up. As she did, he grabbed her denn’bok and tore it from her hands.

He threw it away and stood up. He began to advance towards her. She backed away behind the chair. Furrell moved the chair out of the way. Latiya gasped and turned to run into her bedroom, but Furrell grabbed her and spun her around.

He locked lips with her and he held her tightly so that she could not escape. She struggled to get out of his arms, but he held her even tighter. She soon began to find it hard to breathe.

She pulled away from his lips and tried to breathe. She struggled and gasped, trying to tear his arms off of her.

"H-help! I…c-can’t…breathe!" Latiya choked out.

Furrell loosened his grip a little bit and she took in a deep breath, but he soon tightened his grip again. She struggled some more and tried to kick him.

"Are you having fun, love? I told you I could love you!"

Latiya spit on his face. He let go of her and slapped her across the cheek. She yelped with pain and stumbled back. She tried to run towards the door, but Furrell grabbed her and forced her against him. Latiya began to scream at the top of her lungs, but Furrell quickly covered her mouth.

She heard the door open and the whoosh of a denn’bok opening. Furrell turned around, dragging Latiya with him.

"Nerrel. It is so nice you see my dear brother." Furrell said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Let her go, Furrell. Just let her go." Nerrel said calmly with coldness in his tone.

"No! She is mine! You cannot have her!"

Nerrel hit Furrell in the head. Furrell let Latiya go and she moved out of the way. Nerrel hit his brother one more time, knocking him out. Furrell fell to the floor. Nerrel closed his denn’bok and ran over to Latiya. Latiya had a hand over her mouth and she slowly sank to the couch. Nerrel sat next to her and put his arms around her. Latiya rested her head on his shoulder and began to cry.

Latiya cried because she was frightened. She cried for Furrell, for she still loved him. She cried because she knew her love was in vain.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. October 29, 2001.

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Ohh! Jolt!

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Jolt??? I fell off my chair!!

------------------
--Sharenn--
Zathras:
"Zathras... does not remember. But if Zathras remember, Zathras will tell you!"
--
Zathras: "You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool!"
-----
Visit the Whispers In The Night homepage @ http://sharenn.freeservers.com/whispers.html

1 more chapter and I can go to sleep...
smile.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

W
shocked.gif
W!!!

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"
The Bee Five CD jacket(from Mira): "The one who sings, means no harm."

Back