• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 10

Disclaimer: The same.

Chapter 10 Supposed Betrayal

Latiya was jerked awake by David jumping up and down on the couch to get her up. Her neck hurt and she began to mumble.

She shuffled to her bedroom to get dressed. She got into her uniform and walked to Delenn’s office. She went in and saw Delenn at her desk.

“Good morning. I need you to watch David while John and I go to a meeting.”

“Fine. What time?”

“This evening around six.”

“Okay. I’ll be there,” she said, bowing and leaving the room.

Latiya went to David’s playroom and watched him play with his toys. She seemed too busy to notice her, which was okay. The meeting was supposed to last an hour, so Latiya leaned back in her chair and watched David play.

At 6:57, Latiya heard some strange noises coming from outside David’s playroom. She got up and left his room for a few seconds to check it out. She heard crashes coming from David’s playroom. She whirled around and ran towards the room. The door opened to reveal a mess and three people dressed in black with masks on.

She extended her denn’bok and took a defensive stance. She was ready for a fight. One figure came towards her and she hit the figure in the stomach, which made the figure double over with pain.

The second figure came towards her with a denn’bok in hand. They began to duel. CLANG! CLANG! SWOOSH! CLANG! The first figure soon joined the fight.

Latiya was not used to fighting against two people simultaneously, but she did well. She caught a glimpse of the third figure leaving the room with David out the window.

“David! No!” Latiya cried.

Then, a figure hit her on the head. She fell backwards, her denn’bok falling to the side. Next, John and Delenn walked in.

“What the hell?” John asked.

A figure took out a PPG and fired it. The shot it John’s arm. He jerked back into Delenn’s arms.

“John!” Delenn cried, staring in horror at the perpetrators.

The figure with the PPG walked towards the couple. Latiya stayed on the floor, a denn’bok at her throat and her weapon close to John and Delenn’s feet.

The figure removed the denn’bok and grabbed Delenn. The other grabbed Sheridan and they left the room through the door. Latiya rolled over and grabbed her weapon, which was spotted with blood. She left the room and followed the captors.

She arrived in the foyer, but no one was there, except for a bunch of Rangers running towards her. Two grabbed her and held her hands behind her back.

“You were trying to kill John Sheridan. Now, they are gone.” Turvall said.

“I was trying to protect David. There were too many to fight off alone!” she cried.

“Why is there blood on your denn’bok? Know this, Latiya. If the blood is Sheridan’s, Delenn’s, or David’s, you are dead.” Turvall said coldly.

“But, I didn’t do anything!” Latiya cried desperately.

“Take her away.” Turvall ordered.

The Rangers began to drag her to the cells in the lower levels of the compound. Here, the corridors were dark and cool. They opened a door to a room and shoved her in. She stumbled and ran towards the door, but it slammed shut.

“You are a traitor!” Turvall shouted, coming into the cell.

“What are you talking about?” Latiya asked.

“The blood on your weapon was John Sheridan’s. You tried to kill him!”

“I did not!”

“You are going to trial for attempted assassination. I thought I would be able to trust you. But, all I see in front of me is a traitor to the alliance and the Anla’shok!”

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. August 26, 2001.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Poor Latiya!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Now you have to write more so we can see if they prove her innocent!
smile.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

Yes, more, more!

------------------
Channe, who lives for the One and dies for the peanut-butter pie
--
"The secret of writing: get your character up a tree, and throw rocks at him." -JMS

Interesting. Keep it coming!

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"
- Jeffrey Sinclair

You could always write me swooping in on my Vespa and saving her, and then taking her to my lair for.... celebration
laugh.gif

May Valen be with you.

The story is most interesting.
smile.gif

And as usual, I have again formed some guesses. Hopefully I'll soon see if they are well-founded.

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Now the plot REALLY thickens!
laugh.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

[Old Batman TV announcer voice]

Will David Sheridan be found?
Will Latiya be framed for the attack?
Will the real perpetrators be found?

[Insert suspenseful incidental music here]

Find out, same B5LR web site, same B5LR forum!

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Thank you, GKarsEye for that stirring performance.

Those questions will be answered and more mystery added in if you stay tuned!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back