• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

C.C.'s $20,000 basement

FlarnChef

Regular
C.C.\'s $20,000 basement

For those that missed it before it got lost. Claudia Christian re-did her basement to the tune of $20,000, but what a grande party place it seems, with a wine cellar and bed that fits well over 10 people!!! The Commander knows how to command a party! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

http://www.latimes.com/la-000042210jun16.story

Re: C.C.\'s $20,000 basement

Claudia Christian remodeled her basement for a little more than what I will make after taxes next year.

That's it. I have to make more money...

Hmm, do you think she'll paint it green or purple? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I'm still amazed with the bed that fits 20....... Had thought about posting the in the nc-17 board...hehehe /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

Crackers?!? hehehehe...... I don't think that is a term that Claudia would use. After seeing the Blooper Vid I'd say F%$#!*$@K is more her speed! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif And she has also planned wisely with the money from some of the "not so stellar" work she's done. She is very cool, as well as being hot!

I think it was in TV Guide that I read Claudia's quote about "you don't get rich in syndication" right after the news broke that she would not return for season 5 on B5.

At least she is managing her money well. Maybe. Maybe in another 5 years we’ll hear she’s pumping gas or waiting on tables or something. Remember M.C. Hammer? /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

That was really pitiful.

I saw him in a commercial for something the other day, actually. Poor guy.

Well, obviously she was getting *some* money from syndication, if she was able to afford that kind of house (and in that part of the country, where a little three-room bungalow can run ya over a hundred thou...)

M.C. Hammer went from being one of the richest men in the music business to asking for a job "any job" on television in a surprisingly short period of time.

I still wonder: how do you blow that kind of cash so quickly? If you bought 20 mansions, you could at least sell them for some money back. But how do you actually BLOW that large a wad of cash? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Other than on 20,000 dollar upgrades to your basement! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sorry, recoil, but he was so popular back then he wouldn't have had to pay for... well, that first thing you suggested. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

He probably says people robbed him (and he's probably right). I'd think gambling more than drugs. I don't know what the heck he could have been taking that would have sucked up his massive fortune. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Hammer blew much of his money on fancy livin'! I also heard that he gave quite alot away foolishly to people from "the old neighborhood" that asked for money or over paid them to work for him.

Claudia is much wiser than that, having grown up with the entertainment biz all around her in California. And career wise she has diversified!

Claudia redid her basement to the tune of more money that what I make in a whole year .And that's before taxes. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

As a woodworker/finish carpenter who has worked for 30 years, from the description of what was done, Claudia actually got quite a good bargain, and lots of middle class people spend that much or more on remodeling projects. But probably not so much on wine. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

JJ is right. It seems like more than $20k worth of work to me, too.

MC Hammer's problem was that he was making money by the shovelful, but spending it by the boatload. A lot of Hammer "hangers on" lived very well as human lampreys. Unfortunately, fate is fickle, and sometimes the gravy train stops.

CC doesn't seem to have that problem. It looks like she has been more careful with her money. She has done work since leaving B5, maybe not as good as B5, but work nonetheless.

There was the voice work in the Disney movie, the voice work in that VH-1 miniseries on sex and music, the spread she did for Playboy Magazine (forgive me, perhaps "spread" is not the best choice of words. Maybe "layout" is better? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ), some merchandising she does on her own web site, and so forth. And of course, who can forget the role in the Substitute 3? I know there are other projects and bit parts I'm not mentioning, as well. The bottom line is that she entertains us, and gets paid for it. The relative worth of her contribution to society, relative to others, is not something I want to get into right now.

So, CC is working and enjoying the fruit of her labors. Good for her. Perhaps someday, a combination of hard work and luck will put us in the same position. Let's hope so!

That figure doesn't impress me at all. That's about how much the upgrades on our house are gonna be, and ours is a brand new semi-detached house, and ofcourse add to this the fact that we are not movie stars /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
What we will be doing:
Landscaping on the front yard, driveway and porch, a patio in the back, and the basement. And we're just laying hardwood in the basement, if we laid marble, the marble itself would be around 60K, without actually doing anything else to the place.

Back