• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Buffy TV Movies still Possible

Sindatur

Regular
Buffy (or Buffy Characters) movies are still possible

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/12/13.00.tv

The most interesting thing in this article is it says that "There's obviously been a regime change at WB". Does that have any impact on TMoS? Has that maybe added to the delay? I'm not aware of this Regime change, so for all I know it could be something that resulted in JMS being given TMoS. Or is this apples and Oranges, since Buffy is TV and TMoS is Theatrical?

Can't speak to the WB logistics side, but I'd actually rather prefer that no Buffy movies are made. Let the girl rest; let the franchise go out with some modicum of grace.

I agree.

I loved Buffy seasons 1 - 5 during its run (although I came in to it late and had to catch up on repeats). But, seasons 6 & 7 really disappointed me. I didn't even get the last two seasons on DVD. I'm even thinking of selling seasons 1 - 5. Buffy doesn't stand up to repeated viewing over time quite as well as Babylon 5 does.

It was good while it lasted, but I don't think they should risk beating a dead horse when the series already had a slow 2-year gradual death.

Oh I quite agree as well, (although I wouldn't mind seeing something starring the character of Faith. I'm very happy with Tru Calling though, so I certainly wouldn't sacrifice Tru Calling for it.)

But yes, Buffy and Angel themselves should rest on their Laurels. I really didn't think the last two seasons were that awful, although I've never been a religious watcher, only occasional.

Actually the main reason I posted this was the comment about WB's Regime Change and what it might mean (or has meant) in regards to TMoS. I just figured it was easiest to post about what the story was actually about, and ask that question, rather than put a non-B5 related story in B5 Forum, simply to ask for one clarification.

I would like to see it only if it corrected what I heard they did on the series finale of Angel. How the hell do you end a series like that?

if it corrected what I heard they did on the series finale of Angel. How the hell do you end a series like that?

You end it that way very easily to fit the theme of the show's whole existance: that the fight against evil and working for redemption never ends.

Buffy (or Buffy Characters) movies are still possible

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-08/12/13.00.tv

The most interesting thing in this article is it says that "There's obviously been a regime change at WB". Does that have any impact on TMoS? Has that maybe added to the delay? I'm not aware of this Regime change, so for all I know it could be something that resulted in JMS being given TMoS. Or is this apples and Oranges, since Buffy is TV and TMoS is Theatrical?

First, I believe that the WB refered to in "been a regime change at WB" is the WB network, an entity that will not be in any way involved in TMoS (except maybe WAY down the line if they decide to buy the right to air it). So no worries there. In fact the production company behind Buffy and Angel is 20th Century Fox, not WB (which did produced B5).

Also, on the note of a Buffyverse TV movie ... personally I don't see any need for it but if Joss Whedon thinks he has a good idea why not let him give it a shot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back