• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bruce Lee's Birthday Today -Nov 27, 2001

Bruce Lee\'s Birthday Today -Nov 27, 2001

It is Bruce Lee's birthday today...Tuesday November 27, 2001...

I am heading down to Seattle for the day to visit his grave site...

It will be a very emotional day for me today! He is my long time idol...long time inspiration...

I must pay my respects to him!

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi- "Kit"

------------------

Re: Bruce Lee\'s Birthday Today -Nov 27, 2001

He was and still is one of the greats. It's a shame he's no longer around. Happy birthday to him anyway.

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

One day, Bruce Lee stepped all up in my face, and I was all, "What, motherf***** you wanna piece o' this?!" Then I took him to school with my wicked ninja moves.
cool.gif

Yeah, he was a real bad-ass. It's been such a long time since I've seen his films and I've been meaning to get a hold of 'em.

Warren, what did you think of the movie about Bruce Lee's life? I wondered how close the portrayal was the real Lee.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Depending on which movie you're talking about. If its the one acted by the fellow in "Jungle Book", that was completely crap. It depicted Bruce Lee as a sex maniac and concocted a story of the "family ghost" which passes on from father to son or something like that.

Bruce Lee was the undisputed champion of Chinese martial arts and the one who made it possible for Westerners to learn our sacred arts of self-defense. For that alone, I salute him and wish him peace wherever he is now.

Compared to him, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Chuck Norris and any other martial art figure looks absolutely pathetic. Who can forget Bruce's chicken howls.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Depending on which movie you're talking about. If its the one acted by the fellow in "Jungle Book", that was completely crap. It depicted Bruce Lee as a sex maniac and concocted a story of the "family ghost" which passes on from father to son or something like that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen Jungle Book, but I think that's the one. I don't remember him being portrayed as a "sex maniac" though. He did screw some chick while working at a restaurant, and then he dated and married the American girl played by Lauren Holly. I just thought that the point of showing him getting in trouble for the restaurant girl was to show how he had matured and came to use his talents for something other than defending himself against angry fathers and chefs.

Even if the real Bruce Lee was, hypothetically, a "sex maniac," so what? Everyone has their vices, and it wouldn't detract at all from his accomplishments. Besides, the man was obviously in amazing phsysical condition. An active sex life helps achieve that.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

My major beef with the film 'Dragon' is that they get the first part of the Siu Nim Tau wrong.
mad.gif

------------------
Calculus and alcohol don't mix. NEVER drink and derive.

Bruce Lee was indeed the real deal.

Virtually every Western martial artist owes a debt to him.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back