• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Brannon Braga Rocks

Ah, the one where Worf gets jealous of Vanessa Williams former relationship with Dax.

With lots of talk of Worf having forgotten his batching suit, but them going swimming anyways.

erfh;oerfA:hAHRfAFwe ... Sorry, I was cleaning the vomit off my keyboard.

It's so fun how gimmicky they are with Odo in the begging. Every episode has him evesdropping on someone pretending to be a painting, a back, a trolley, a rat, .. no episode can be without an Odo-gimmick :D

He is completely bad-ass in the beginning, yes. Not that I minded him even when he was the love-sick puppy.

I had completely forgotten what a slimy bastard Bashir was in the beginning. Do people actually ever get laid with come-ons like his?

I liked DS9 and in the beginning I really liked Kira. She was almost as much a bad ass as Odo. Always going against star fleet and Sisko. I think I missed the last 2 seasons or so since I dont seem to remember much about the Dominion War.

Well Bashir didn't very often.

At first they made him seem pathetic with women 'cause he was falling over Dax, but then there was a time when he was a player. He was hitting on dobo girls (and it was implied that he was successful) and got to bag the insanely sexy (below the neck) Lita.

Which of course reminds me of one of the most painful DS9 subplots- the Rom-Lita romance.

Seriously- I bet the writers did all that Ferengi crap on a bet, to see if Trek geeks would just watch anything.

At first they made him seem pathetic with women 'cause he was falling over Dax, but then there was a time when he was a player. He was hitting on dobo girls (and it was implied that he was successful) and got to bag the insanely sexy (below the neck) Lita.

Which of course reminds me of one of the most painful DS9 subplots- the Rom-Lita romance.

Seriously- I bet the writers did all that Ferengi crap on a bet, to see if Trek geeks would just watch anything.

HEHE, Rom and Lita, who'da thought they'd sink that low.

Yea, Bashir did come into his own with women, but, Chili was specifically talking about "In the beginning"

No, I watched the Voyager episode where 7 of Cleavage goes on a date with Neelix or Harry Kim, or they all cluster-f*ck or something. I honestly blanked it out.

DS9 had poor moments, but my god did Voyager stink

I completely gave up on Voyager when 7 of 9 came along. Before that, it was just boring and mediocre, but still better than TNG was in its first two years .. so I still had some hope of it taking off, eventually.

The grand fix for the show just not taking off being the introduction of Data with Tits robbed me of any illusions of the show ever becoming decent.

I saw some select episodes after that .. and my GOD, were they bad. Pretentious, boring, repetative, and so much of Seven trying to find her humanty. Guess what, that eventually got old even with Data, with Brent Spiner being a gazillion times more talented than Jeri Ryan.

Haven't decided yet what to do about VOY and ENT once done with DS9. Watch the select decent ones, and ENT season 4, I guess .. but even relatively decent Voyager eps might give me brain cramps at this point.

Rom and Lyta....yea that was gross and completely unbelievable. Seriously though DS9 did weird things with the Ferengi. In ST:TNG they were made up to be these menacing enemies who were extremely formidable. In DS9....they were made kind of a joke.

I didn't mind the "bartering/profit" aspect they gave their culture. That I liked, I think it worked well, and didn't betray what TNG set up. They could be mean, and meanacing, but driven by greed and financial gain. Its near the end of DS9 where all Ferengi (including the Grand Nagus or whoever) was introduced and was a complete goofball that things fell off. And Quarks mom named Moogie, dating the Nagus? GOD. They really took the Ferengi and tossed them down the drain with that stuff....

They really took the Ferengi and tossed them down the drain with that stuff....

That implies that they were ever interesting. At best, they served as a nice backdrop, a presence amongst many other alien races.

The Quark character was a good idea. The rest.. ugh. Ferengi "society" just wasn't interesting enough to explore.

Again, it's just what happens when there's too much TV to make. The new versions of the Klingons introduced in TNG were interesting enough, up to and including the civil war cliff-hanger (when Warf temporarily quits Starfleet to fight with his brother). After that... man, how many times did Warf get disowned by the empire? Jees.

Even the Borg got played out, IMO, after the Locutus thing. After Locutus, they decided to slowly remove everything that was cool about them. They start making them human, they introduce a beaurocratic hierarchy- that is just lazy, unimaginative science fiction writing. As awful as 7 of 9 was, you can blame Hugh for starting it all.

One of the many incrompehensible mistakes Voyager made was not dreaming up some new alien races worth exploring, like the original series did with Vulcans, TNG did with Klingons, and DS9 did with Begorans and Cardassians. They came with whatever-the-hell Nelix is, but unfortunately his race is represented by Nelix. Then they had Kazons, but they were just angry humans basically and quickly dropped.

Ironically, the one race they didn't beat into the ground is the Vulcans, because they weren't at the center of any of the new series' storylines.

GKarsEye said:
Ironically, the one race they didn't beat into the ground is the Vulcans, because they weren't at the center of any of the new series' storylines.

It's not quite beating them into the ground, but still an issue of mismanagement. Some of the ways they dealt with Vulcans in Enterprise significantly sucked, so much so that the final season contained a plot to "rediscover" some ancient Vulcan's teachings in order to try to say, "yeah our Vulcans have been way too emotional up to this point, but this guy's teachings will straighten them all out". It was as if the writers either forgot how to, or just never knew how to, or purposefully chose not to write a Vulcan character as a Vulcan. Hell, I think even Joleen Bollock or whatever her name is that played T'Pol had openly commented on thinking the writers were clueless half the time.

It's not quite beating them into the ground, but still an issue of mismanagement. Some of the ways they dealt with Vulcans in Enterprise significantly sucked, so much so that the final season contained a plot to "rediscover" some ancient Vulcan's teachings in order to try to say, "yeah our Vulcans have been way too emotional up to this point, but this guy's teachings will straighten them all out". It was as if the writers either forgot how to, or just never knew how to, or purposefully chose not to write a Vulcan character as a Vulcan. Hell, I think even Joleen Bollock or whatever her name is that played T'Pol had openly commented on thinking the writers were clueless half the time.

Keep in mind though Manny Coto was trying to repair the damage done by S1-3. I thought considering what he was given, he did a great job coming up with that explanation.

I liked S4 of Enterprise alot (despite really disliking Scott Bakula as an actor), it was far better than S1-3 and better than almost any Voyager episode (although there were a few Voyager episodes that were fairly decent)

One of the many incrompehensible mistakes Voyager made was not dreaming up some new alien races worth exploring, like the original series did with Vulcans, TNG did with Klingons, and DS9 did with Begorans and Cardassians. They came with whatever-the-hell Nelix is, but unfortunately his race is represented by Nelix. Then they had Kazons, but they were just angry humans basically and quickly dropped.

The one alien race on Voyager I found remotely interesting for the Vidiians. I hear the Kazon were supposed to be a social commentary on gangs or something, but they ended up being nothing but annoying guys with rocks on their heads, with super-fast warp engines (what's up with Voyager cruising along at maximum warp, and meeting the same stupid Kazon bloke with the same funky old ship every single week?)

The Hirogen didn't offer much new, considering that Deep Space Nine had already done the exact same thing with Tosk.

The Borg, and even the Q, were completely boring by Voyager, IMHO.

it was far better than S1-3 [of Enterprise] and better than almost any Voyager episode

What an awesome compliment.

I hate the Q. I mean the character himself was good 'cause of the actor, but the whole omnipotent god-like power thing bugs me. If there were such creatures and one of them was as big an asshole as Q (or the one from TOS), then the universe would have stopped existing. And, typical Trek, they had to become "human" also.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back