• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bourne Ultimatum?

So having had my fingers burned in expectation over TMoS, i thought I'd field this one to the peeps around here who might know a bit more about the biz...

I read today that they've "announced" The Bourne Ultimatum, based on the third in Ludlum's trilogy. Now, as far as I can see, all discussion of this has come from the IMDB page for it, but we all know how massively unreliable IMDB can be.

So my question is this; is there any way to be sure if the script has been commisioned, if a shooting date has been set, or if it's all pie in the sky?

VB

Well they made 2 of them, its not unreasonable to think they would make a third. The first two did rather well.

Already though, they took one MAJOR detour from the books, but overall the movies are decent. Im curious to see how they would do a third one...since in the third book he is supposed to be fighting to protect his wife and son...yet in this second movie she was killed before they were even married. :p

A third one is almost certain. Matt Damon has final say over whether he likes the script, and near-as-damn said Paul Greengrass has to do it again for him to do it. But they were well received, they've shown a lot of longevity in rental/sales markets, and they've taken a pot of cash. So I think the chances are good. :)

I agree, there will be a third movie. The second one made even more money than the first. I'm thinking about reading the books. I see that a new Borne novel is out written by Eric Lustbader.

Excellent; that all sounds positive. So cautious optimism would be most prudent, then? :)

Have you guys read the books? I'm thinking of reading them as this summer's light reading.

VB

I just read this excerpt from an interview with Matt Damon this morning where he was asked about The Bourne Ultimatum:

"We'll probably do that in about a year and a half," he says. "We're all signed on in principle, in the sense that we've all agreed that we want to do it, but we're not going to do it unless we have a great script. It's ours to lose at the minute, and if we do make a third one, we want to make it as good as the first two. And if we can't do that, then we're going to have to let it drop."

Back