• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best looking Vorlon

Lorien

I like Ulkesh's encounter suit better than kosh's. The sharp curves worked well for ulkesh. It also looked more modern than Kosh's. The suit Kosh wore had a lot of moving parts. Kosh's suit was probably out of style in Vorlon culture. Ill even bet that the other Vorlons said to Kosh "Your suit has always been here."

I never liked Ulkesh at all. My first impression of Ulkesh was that of dislike, pure and simple. So, I suppose I put Kosh on top, if we are ranking them in any way.

Never really thought of Vorlons as 'good-looking,' or 'better-looking' as compared to others.

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

I liked Kosh out of his suit... goin all angel style (even though that wasn't real, but I liked it anyway). So I'll have to say... Kosh... and naked
laugh.gif

------------------
"You want to be President?"
"I do."
"Put your hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Fine. Done. Lets eat."
-- No Compromises

I'm an Ulkesh girl myself.
I thought he acted more the way a very old, very advanced race should.

Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

I liked Ulkesh's encounter suit better, but overall, I think I liked Naranek better.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

I also think that Ulkesh looked cooler. It must have been the new suit design - better colour, sleeker lines.
Too bad he only appeared in a few episodes.
laugh.gif

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

Aesthetic sense is a three-edged sword...

------------------
*Commence dramatic hand gestures* -- "There, you see! Their rage against us, is SO irrational, that they'll sacrifice their own people just to get to us! Don't you see?!" -- G'Kar, to Garibaldi.

How do we know which is called what... did I miss their names being mentioned some time?

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
How do we know which is called what... did I miss their names being mentioned some time?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont exactly know if it was said in the show, but Kosh is the original vorlon and Ulkesh is the second one.

------------------

"I really hate it when you do that"

"Good"

Ulkesh was a Vorlon mention outside of the show, I think as Kosh Narnarek's compatriot. This might have been in the In the Beginning novelization. When asked JMS said the second was Ulkesh.

Kosh Narnarek, aka Kosh 1, aka good Kosh

Kosh Ulkesh, aka Kosh 2(puns abound), aka evil Kosh

------------------
Bus
"Yes, he is handsome in an ugly sort of way."-Homer

Yeah... you never realize how nice the first one is until you see the second one!

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:

Kosh Narnarek, aka Kosh 1, aka good Kosh

Kosh Ulkesh, aka Kosh 2(puns abound), aka evil Kosh

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Ulkesh was Ulkesh Naranek... which raises the question what does Naranek mean.
Ulkesh was also see in WWE 1... he was the Vorlon Ambassador on Minbar and played a role in To Dream in the City of Sorrows.

Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

I like them both, they both were so alien and they fit the personality of each of them very well. Kosh's suit was less sleek but was much more warm and not as threatening or as ominus as Ulkesh's. My Multiverse GM character, Kosh Narakesh, has a blue encounter suit that combines the best aspects of both suits
wink.gif

------------------
GM of the Multiverse RPG
Creator of the Weirdonian Universe

"I may be an idiot, but Im no fool" - Village Idiot, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

It's me of course. Don't you think?

------------------
"You mustn't allow yourself to be chained to fate, to be ruled by your genes. Humans can choose the type of life they want to live. The important is that you choose life... and then live".

Ulkesh was probably Kosh's heir or right hand vorlon. I never liked Ulkesh, his suit's head was too small, he wasn't as mysterious and wise as Kosh. Ulkesh also was the embodiment of the Vorlon's agression and their more human side. I can't respect Ulkesh mostly because he took Kosh's place, but not for me! Kosh will still be the cuddly Vorlon teady-bear that I want to hug and snuggle, erm, I mean...Err....Damn.

------------------
Don't think about it,
Signed,
Board Idiot

I think they balanced each other out, there personalities. I beleive Ulkesh needed Kosh to keep him under control to an extent or at least balanced and I think it went both ways.

They respected each other but they also had oposing views.

Ulkesh thought Kosh was weak and Kosh feared what Ulkesh would do without Kosh around as balance.

Was that Kosh and Ulkesh when B4 went back in time and Valen met the 2 Minbari with the Vorlons behind him?
I forgot but I think so.

Oh Yeah Kosh is better looking just because his personality Shines through especially seen in dreams.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited May 06, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited May 06, 2001).]

PEOPLE...the best looking VORLON??? REALLY NOW...it HAS to be TRIG...aka AlYT!! she has those KOSH'S beat HANDS DOWN...not ONLY is she THE best looking vorlon...she also has both the GOOD and BAD vorlon IN her personality...hence..who NEEDS anybody ELSE...and when she gets REALLY TICKED..her EYES really DO GLOW!! and your brain matter gets sucked out...sllllllllooooooowwwly...very sloowly...

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back