• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best actors on the show?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> ...Wayne Alexander did great...as Lorien...

...Wortham Krimmer (sp?), who played Emperor Cartagia, nailed the role... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I always enjoyed seeing Marshall Teague as Ta'Lon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more. Those guys are the Big Three of guest stars as far as I'm concerned.

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
Also, Wortham Krimmer (sp?), who played Emperor Cartagia, nailed the role, and made the character a memorable one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree %100. Here was a character, while technically in place since 'Coming of Shadows,' you never actually SAW him until 'Hour of the Wolf.' He was only in like 5 episodes total, but MAN did he make an impression with that character. I remember actually fearing that guy's instability just watching him from my sofa.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Oh yeah, Krimmer was definitely magnificent. His was one of those rare performances that you only need to see once to remember for a very, very long time.

Wayne Alexander - no contest there either, he sure showed range with his roles.

And both Marshall Teague and Damian London were spot-on as Ta'Lon and the regent - again, characters that only were in a handful of episodes out of 110 but made a lasting impression.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

As far as I can see there are no DVDs of Mira work out there. You are lucky to find them subtitled on VHS. I have purchased, and am waiting for the arrival of When Father was Away on Business and In the Jaws of Life which I purchased thru half.com which is part of e bay. The one I am lookin' for is called The Beauty of Vice and is the other film Mira won an award for.

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

FlarnChef,

According to IMDB, Mira was also on a made for TV movie called "My Antonia" made in 1995... it got a 7.3 on IMDB, which is fantastic for a TV movie. It looks like it's available on VHS (at least from Amazon) for US$19.95. I might have to order it!

smile.gif

On second look, they have some used versions for US$10.30... not a bad price!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

[This message has been edited by wipster (edited February 20, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
FlarnChef,

According to IMDB, Mira was also on a made for TV movie called "My Antonia" made in 1995... it got a 7.3 on IMDB, which is fantastic for a TV movie. It looks like it's available on VHS (at least from Amazon) for US$19.95. I might have to order it!

smile.gif

On second look, they have some used versions for US$10.30... not a bad price!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Antonia I have seen, and Mira's part is quite small, as is her part in another made for TV movie called The Loves of Blanka Kolya. But a litte Mira is better than none! BTW, both When Father Was Away on Business & The Beauty of Vice have nudity.
wink.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

[This message has been edited by FlarnChef (edited February 21, 2002).]

You mean nudity by Delenn/Mira? Excuse me, but that puts the saying "getting a bone" in a whole new perspective
lol.gif
!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wipster:
You mean nudity by Delenn/Mira? Excuse me, but that puts the saying "getting a bone" in a whole new perspective
lol.gif
!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!!!
lol.gif
I guess I saw that one coming.

------------------
Coach: It's the damnedest thing. I've been shivering all the way over here.
Diane: Well, Coach, you don't have a coat on. It's thirty degrees outside.
Coach: Oh, thank God. I thought I had malaria.
-Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by wipster:
lol.gif
! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.gif
there is so much wrong with that statement!
lol.gif

------------------
"I don't want anyone's pity. I don't need anybody's pity. All I know is that I am tired of being controlled. Controlled by others, by fear, by my past, by what everybody else expects of me and it's enough." -Garibaldi-

Sorry, just couldn't resist... perhaps I should have said "Bone apetit?"

lol.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

laugh.gif
lol.gif
now you are just be corny.

------------------
"I don't want anyone's pity. I don't need anybody's pity. All I know is that I am tired of being controlled. Controlled by others, by fear, by my past, by what everybody else expects of me and it's enough." -Garibaldi-

I also think that Michael O'Hare makes a good Jeffrey Sinclair and Jason Carter makes a good Marcus Cole.
smile.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

laugh.gif
i give up! your awful!

------------------

Partly, this is just to add my voice to the semi-chorus of people who think that, based on what we saw in the series, the best actors were the 3 alien ambassadors: Mira, Andreas, and Peter (in no particular order).

I will also say this for BB:
1) He did a good thundering rightous indignation (for example the "You said you wanted peace." speech).
2) Quotes that I have seen from other actors about him sound a bit like some that I have seen about Dean Martin. They don't jump out at you as doing anything particularly special, but when you look around you realize that everything flows better when they are in there. Their timing and generosity with the other actors seems to make everyone better.

There are also two recurring guest actors that I don't think I have seen mentioned yet that I think are worth praising for their work on B5:

Tim Choate (Zathras) and John Vickery (Neroon and Mr. Wells)

------------------

PillowRock,

To quote what I said in another topic:

"I hate to bring this up again (well, don't really hate, but feel confoossed), but in thinking about actors that have played more than one role on B5, please give Tim Choate his due. Not only did he play Zathras, but he also played Zathras."

cool.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

I have to go with the big three: Andreas, Peter and Mira.

What more can I say but superb?

I actually really loved Sheridan's character and Bruce's portrayal. He did well with the big epic and defiant or rallying moments but he also was very good at the more personal or quirky moments. The ones that come to mind are: When he is forward in time in the cell and Delenn tells him of their son, he looks so shell shocked. The time he sits with Delenn and she talks of her father (the way he just listens and looks at her you know he's falling hard). The night he and Ivanova spend in his office and he makes the silly knock knock jokes. His confiding to Delenn about his father and his longing to hear the rain again. And anything in SiL.

The thing that really came across for me with Sheridan's character was that he cared deeply about what happened to people, on an individual level and on principle - but unlike Sinclair, he hadn't had much cause to doubt or second guess himself and his actions. He seemed to not allow himself to dwell too much on what might have been as much as Sinclair seemed to. Maybe that is why some people saw the character as being less personal and more gung ho as the commanding officer?

I'm like G'Kar's Eye there were times when I really clicked with Michael O'Hare's introspective stuff, but his banter and more dramatic bluster was often cringe worthy to me.

------------------

Back