• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5's Rare Cookbook

Re: Babylon 5\'s Rare Cookbook

I do believe Lyta has one of those. She was posting recipies from it a few months ago.

Yep, judging by the fact she reviewed it at the abyss, she has it.

See here

Gee you all have my avatar..I have to look into becoming a premium member /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Holy crap that is a lot of money for that book. Not sure it is worth that much. I picked mine up from eBay in Feb for 5.50 pounds or $11 which included shipping! What a bargain compared to this auction. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Too bad I can't find any other copies online right now. Guess I got a super good deal!

Hmm, found "Day of the Dead" at Amazon so going to pick that up while that is available. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

We picked this up from WHSmiths (a UK general bookstore) many many moons ago when it was first published - basically because the wife and I wanted to try Banja Couda.

My arteries have never forgiven me ...

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I thought so and yes, very bad for you but oh so yummy (if you like garlic and anchovies ... I am not a big anchovie fan but it works so very well in this recipe). The hubby and I were so stuffed (I think it serves four) but we were hunting all over the kitchen to find things to dip in it because it was that good.

*drools*

I haven't tried many recipes but the ones I have have all been good. The Flarn is ... odd but I kind of like it now. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Who explains how to cook Flarn? Lennier or *shudder* Sheridan /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif (I..I like that picture there /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif )

Well, I think it was from Lennier or at least the Minbari recipe but without the rituals that accompany it. Also, some ingredients in the cookbook are substituted for human consumption but they don't specify which ingredients either.

I won mine last year. With shipping from England, I paid under $30.

I found the Russian Lemon cake/tart as an Ivanova item interesting. It relates the dessert to her childhood and Russian Orthodox Easter. If her mother made this for Easter, was it really made with matzo meal, and be Kosher for Passover?!?

If you are talking about "Dining on Babylon 5" by Emerson Briggs-Walace and Stevie Smith, then I hate to tell you that my brother picked up a copy for me in a local branch of "The Works" a couple of months ago for just £1 (pounds sterling) which is what, two or three dollars?

Well it would seem that either I'm talking about the wrong book, or my brother picked up one hell of a bargain for me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Give you're brother some flowers - That's it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Great deal Droshalla, but that is accross the pond. Maybe, just maybe I could have found it for cheap in NYC or LA, but the rest of the country can be somewhat of a wasteland.....

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
we were hunting all over the kitchen to find things to dip in it because it was that good.

*drools*

[/quote] *wishes this was nc-17 so he could make a comment on dipping /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
my brother picked up a copy for me in a local branch of "The Works" a couple of months ago for just £1 (pounds sterling) which is what, two or three dollars?

[/quote]

Yeah, I got mine from there about 6 months ago for £2 so I guess it has come down in price /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They did have LOADS of copies so if you live in the UK, check out your local Works - you could get lucky!

I am also ashamed to say that I haven't actually tried any of the recipies yet /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif but they all look REALLY good, especially the drinks /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back