• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Season 2

Ill bet they finally ship them out around the 4th of July from that site or something. There is always a catch.
tongue.gif

*EDIT*

Funny, I just looked it up on that site, and it had S2 priced for $79.99. Do you have to have an account with them or something to get the lower price?

Just an Amazon.com update - B5 Season 2 is at #71, and Deep Throat, er Space Nine at #74. Not too shabby! I hope WB takes notice.

It is still amazing to me how well Buffy and Angel are doing on DVD. Currently #5 and #6 at Amazon...

-Tim

btw, any word about the Region 2 version? i say it cause with season one they were pre-ordering on amazon.com and .co.uk at the same time.... and this time they aren´t
rolleyes.gif

I contacted Total Action Universe to find out why there was such a lower price than elsewhere, such as a limited quantity, and got this answer:

"This is a great price on the "Babylon 5: Second Season" and it is only for a limited time (pre-order special). It began last week and I am advised that it will not last too much longer (since it is a very good price), there is not a limited quantity, but it is a limited time. I hope that this helps
clear things up."

QMCO5

I am a little surprised about the classifiaction PG, the Season 2 VHS has a 12 classification.

Although Warner Brothers made the same mistake in Season 1.

Re: Babylon 5 Season 2 - More on ordering from TAU

I went to order the S2 DVD from the Total Action website and discovered the ordering basket identified the price as 79.99. I contacted them again and got a further clarification. Their system is not currently set-up to display orders in U.S. dollars. All dollar amounts are Canadian dollars. Moreover, the U.S. price of $49.38 shown was the exchange rate for the day it was posted. Exchange rates change every day, sometimes several times a day, so the actual cost will depend on when you order it. Also, some U.S. banks charge a fee for making the conversion when they get the credit card order from Canada. So, before you order from Total Action you might want to consider checking the current exchange rate and ask your bank what they charge, if anything, for making the exchange. Right now the exchange rate is .6569, so the cost is a buck more than is listed on their website. It's still a very good deal.

QMCO5

Re: Babylon 5 Season 2 - More on ordering from TAU

Yeah, even with a few extra fees and the exchange rate fluctuating, it's gonna be a good deal. I went ahead and ordered, and with shipping on top it came to about $80 Canadian. An excellent deal.

I am a little surprised about the classifiaction PG, the Season 2 VHS has a 12 classification.

Although Warner Brothers made the same mistake in Season 1.

Well, assuming that video classifications have been altered in line with movie classifications, there is no 12 certificate anymore.

The movie certificate above PG is now 12A, which means that anyone below 12 can see the movie provided they are accompanied by an adult. The first age barred certificate is now 15.

I don't see how it would make sense to certify a DVD box set as 12A, so PG is the obvious alternative.

Also, criteria change over time, so it could just be that we are several years on from the VHS release and the content no longer warrants higher than a PG.

As an example, the original Terminator movie was an 18, whereas T2, which I thought was just as violent and intense as the first one, was a 15. That's is what the passage of 8 years can do for you.

cool.gif

Well, assuming that video classifications have been altered in line with movie classifications, there is no 12 certificate anymore.

No. The 12 classification has been kept for DVDs and VHS cassettes. This simply means that an adult or teenager has to buy it. People are not asked what happens when they take the movie home.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back