• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 "I've Found Her" is ready for download

Re: Babylon 5 \"I\'ve Found Her\" is ready for downlo

I have space aplenty, but my server is hanging on a laughable 320 Kbit connection. So unfortunately, any mirror which I could offer would not be for "serious" use.

If that is permitted by the creators (I would think that with freeware, it is actually encouraged) I could upload it to Entropy -- distributed storage networks have the neat property of replicating content per demand.

But few people have Entropy nodes and there is no noticable B5 community in that network (and node installation is too much hassle to retreive a single file).

Currently, I am just trying to get the file for myself... at a lowly pace of 90 Kbits per second. Will evaluate chances for facilitating access after getting the file.

Edit: finally got my ICQ client configured. Trying to contact you since the IFH server seems to be of... how should I say... very limited availability.

Re: Babylon 5 \"I\'ve Found Her\" is ready for download

Maybe someone could provide a seed for Bittorrent downloads. Suprnova would be a good site to create a distribution network.

Happy Christmas! :)

UPDATE: Due to the high load, our temporary file server now became unavailable... All we can do is wait for tomorrow then the permanent download server will be set up. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks, Alpha1. I've also noticed that there's now a link for a torrent download. :cool:

I've finished downloading it, but whenever I try to play the game I get the message "Aaaaaarrrgggh! Fatal exception in CRender::mfDrawRenderBuffers!" and the program closes itself. :( Maybe my PC just doesn't have the right hardware (video card?) to run it.

The game is oriented towards relatively recent video cards from either ATI or NVidia.

Games developed with a relatively small team... could not be expected to support a wide variety of everything.

My laptop quite positively fails to run it -- which is typical of a laptop. However, I have hope of running it on another machine.

In that case I have little hope, as a laptop is all I have. :(

That is unfortunate. :( But... at the very least... you can play it whenever time comes to upgrade hardware.

Sure. I'm not too upset.....it's not as if I had to pay for it, afterall! I'm just glad to see B5 fans make such a great looking game.

I have just downloaded the game . It is very complicated . A word of warning : you have to read the instructions carefully ! I am gonna have to print out the keyboard guide aswell ... I was impressed by the graphics though , i didn`t expect it

Let me echo DaRkEnEdStAr statement. The game's graphics look beautiful, but I can't get anywhere on the hyperperspace training or on the first campaign level. :(

I can see a lot of work went into it though.

This game is *impressive*.

Barely passed the first training mission. Starfuries are more complex than model helicopters. Luckily space is big -- no things to crash into.

Barely manouvered through the jump gate... barely avoided getting lost in hyperspace -- heavy use of autopilot, coupled with considering a manouver before executing it.

They have really made hyperspace a place... where human perception falls short... and human instict leads astray. A spooky place which wise people recognize as dangerous... which pilots must learn to stop fearing, yet still respect. A place where finding your way... would automatically grant superiority over an opponent.

Also barely passed the combat training. Since I found myself too limited to properly evade fire... I did a rather unlikely thing. I parked my Starfury in the middle of nothing, told the computer to hold relative position... and waited for the opponent squads.

Basically, I admitted defeat in manouvering. Left manouvering to them... and boosted whatever accuracy I had. Sorted them out on third attempt, with great difficulty. Then almost crashed into the station (too slow, luckily bounced off) instead of following proper docking procedure. :p

More remains to be seen.

I am quite thankful to the development team for creating such a wonderful thing. I got bored of computer games several years ago... but this one does interest me.

I like the graphics and they did a good job of making you feel like you are in the Babylon 5 universe. I've tried the training mission so far, got through the basic training, jumped through the warpgate, but got bored trying to stay on the beacons in hyperspace while trying to find that lost freighter.

It just wasn't very fun and staying on the beacons got frustrating after awhile. I wish they would have told you the autopilot key in the tutorial.

-Haze

A minor spoiler: the freighter, by the way.. apparently cannot be saved. Simply found. If you need tips, you can look in the IFH forum.

It is pretty difficult. Especially space battles with sudden changes in objectives. I decided that a better level for me would be "easy" not "medium"... and once even used "invulnerability" (Narn fighters are *very* tough).

Am I the only one who thinks that keyboard + mouse works better in this game than joystick? I have Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 but somehow after a lot of tweaking and calibration etc. keyboard + mouse works more fluently.

This thing is AMAZING. Everyone here should check it out. It has the whole b5 feel and all. Greatness!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back