• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Gaming Survey

samuelk

Just wanted to post this on the new forums in case anyone missed it:

Many of you may know that a Babylon 5 Combat Sim game was in the works until it was cancelled in 1999.
The game was going to contain footage shot with the original actors (Bruce Boxleitner, Mira Furlan, etc.) on the original B5 sets. The storyline was approved by JMS.

Because the game was cancelled, the footage may never see the light of day.

But a few people (some of them are the former developers of the game) are making a last ditch effort to see if there is still interest in the game.

If you're interested in gaming in general, and would like to see a B5 game, head on over to http://gamesurvey.radiusco.com/survey.php and fill out the short survey.

You don't have to give any personal information, and it's pretty short.

If you like, you can use my name samk (all lowercase) as the referral ID, but of course it's not required.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I, too, was upset to learn that "Into the Fire" would never be made. What honked me off even more was that Sierra was not going to release the game to another developer to finish up and release. Bastards.

I filled out the survey, in the vain and deperate hope that it does get revived, but after so much disappointment, and so many failed attempts before now, do you really think the game will ever be released?

Radar

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>What honked me off even more was that Sierra was not going to release the game to another developer to finish up and release. Bastards.<hr></blockquote>

Ever think that Sierra and TNT might be related?

Actually what was worse

They were going to sell it......and just as Sector 14 Studios was almost ready to buy (or had their buyer read - don't know how it all works) - anyways....just as they were ready.......Seirra 'changed' their minds about selling the game!!!

oh yeah, and later (when it was too late), they changed their minds back again

Definately in kahoots with TNT lol

See http://161.116.118.111/babylon5/b5archivo.asp
for trailers of the game.
specifically the ffl files:

b5_shadow_threat_big_mov.zip (Quicktime) 7,53MB b5_shadow_threat_big_mpg.zip (MPEG) 18,9MB

b5_shadow_threat_big_mov.zip (Quicktime) 3,20MB b5_shadow_threat_big_mpg.zip (MPEG) 7,74MB

It looks quite brilliant. How could they cancel something like this after so much development. Bastards!

Filled in.

It was sad when "Into the Fire" was scrapped!
Hope this helps ..

dawnchild
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back