• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 stations

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to remember an episode that showed us all B5 stations. Am I right? If so, what was this? I don't have B5 committed to memory, sadly.

And by showed us, I mean glimpses of them being blown up or some such.

------------------
"You're such a gentleman. Too bad I'm not a lady." - Max, Dark Angel

"X5-599. I've got a heart for you." - Zack, Dark Angel

The Babylon station gets blown up at the end of 'In the Beginning.'

Regards

------------------
'I was in the mart, and some British guy says "What the hell are you doing with a Band-Aid... nose?!!1!" '

Antony,

I believe the episode you are thinking of is "Grail".

Jinxo worked on the construction of all of the Babylon stations. As soon as he left, something bad would happen. Therefore, he believed that if he left Babylon 5, it would explode or disappear.

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"Good in theory...
Lousy in practice...
It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

I honestly can't remember any episode showing us all the B5 stations - as far as I recall, we were shown just B4 and B5 (and perhaps an earlier station in the Gathering? I saw that a very long time ago).

AFAIK, the fate of the previous stations was mentioned in Grail (the Jinxo episode) but I can't remember seeing the stations.

Edit note: I see that Frizzell already beat me to it.
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited November 02, 2001).]

Grail is the correct episode, although I am pretty sure there were no visuals on any of the other stations, and there never was to the best of my knowledge. There may have been a short scene showing an explosion in space which was meant to represent one of the stations, but you wouldn't know it if they hadn't told you so.

------------------
"Things fall apart; The centre will not hold. Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world; The blood dimmed tide is loosed; and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned."

I think there is a sequence of scenes at the end of "In the Beginning" that shows a quick picture of each of the stations and how they meet their demise, but I am not 100% sure on that. I will have to watch the movie again some time to find out.

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

ItB

------------------
"This so-called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's Prayer forty times, but first, let's pass the collection plate."-Rev. Lovejoy in The Joy of Sect

In the Beginning shows the original Babylon station getting blown to bits, but I think that's the only one that it shows. I don't remember if Grail has visuals or not, but I don't think it does.

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

INTERESTING SIDENOTE:

The Babylon 5 Security Manual shows pictures of the shoulder patches the station personnel would've worn for all 5 of the Babylon stations. Pretty cool to look at.

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

Hmm. Itb is what I thought it may be, but probably not all station then. Shame. I still might be able to achieve something though.

Thanx.

------------------
"You're such a gentleman. Too bad I'm not a lady." - Max, Dark Angel

"X5-599. I've got a heart for you." - Zack, Dark Angel

Also, I believe there is a picture of one of the early Babylon stations (which one I cannot remember) in the core rule book for the roleplaying game The Babylon Project.

------------------
We say atoms are bound by
weak attractors.

Why not admit the truth:
The universe is held together by love.

Michio von Kerr,
Wayist physicist,
CY 9942

GENE RODDENBERRY'S ANDROMEDA
"BANKS OF THE LETHE"

The scene of the first Babylon station was right at the end of Londo's story in "In the Beginning".

It was red.
Babylon 4 was green.
Babylon 5 was blue.

Hmmmm.

Were they following the colors of the rainbow? If so, Babylon's 2 and 3 deserved to be blown up since they would've been orange and yellow!
shocked.gif

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!
~Doctor Lazarus, Galaxy Quest episode 52, "Today is the Tomorrow of Our Yesterdays"

I love purple, so I guess I'll have to hold out for Babylon 6. I wonder if there is another side to the spectrum in an antimatter universe?
shocked.gif
tongue.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Babylon 5 was the Last of the Babylon stations... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Jade Jaguar,

Cool! I love purple too!
cool.gif
I think there should be a purple station. IMHO it would look stunning!
laugh.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

Since we've already had green, it's only fair to have purple.

------------------
"Ink on a page." -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.

I do think I remember hearing/seeing something that the next Babylon Station would have been purple. I'm not a major fan of purple, but it'd still have been cool to see it purple.
smile.gif

------------------
Oh, School and Mundanes Suck.

PK's Board
Psi-Corps

If they were following the spectrum, then B6 would have been indigo, which is pretty close to purple I guess
smile.gif

------------------
Demon

Although it is not exactly accurate, a rainbow is often represented by the similar sequence of primary and secondary colors, that is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet. Indigo is a deep blue on the violet end of the range of blues. Technically, I suppose there are an infinite number of hues in a spectrum of white light, it just depends on how fine you cut the gradiations. And since violet comes just before ultra violet, it is the end of the visible spectrum, after blue. Therefore, I took a slight liberty and said that B6 should be purple, you nit picker, you!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Therefore, I took a slight liberty and said that B6 should be purple, you nit picker, you! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having learned the colours of the spectrum from that old Mnemonic "Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain" Indigo will always follow Blue for me
smile.gif

Now I'll go nit hunting... nothing like a good pick to brighten ones day...
laugh.gif

------------------
Demon

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back