• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 S3 Still Topping Charts

Solinus

Babylon 5 : The Complete Third season is currently at #3 on Amazon.ca, beating out the third season of the simpsons AND the Two Towers Widescreen DVD.

Go Canadian fans.

And American fans like me who like to a) get the cheaper price and b) support the weak Canadian dollar to keep Canadian hockey teams alive. ;-)

-Tim

Perhaps even more impressive the S3 set made the Video Business Magazine (a publication of the Variety group) aggregate Top 20 DVD best sellers for the first two weeks it was out. Since this list is derived from the top seller lists from over a dozen top U.S. retailers this is quite a feat. (Even more so given that widescreen and P&S editions of the same film are reported separately - so a LotR: Two Towers can occupy two of the twenty slots itself - and did.)

The S1 set didn't make the list at all; the S2 set was on for one week if I recall. Each new set is selling more than the last among new releases, and folks are no doubt still buying the older sets. Gee I love a happy ending. :)

Regards,

Joe

Actually, it's cheaper in Canada.

For example, on Amazon.com, the DVD set is $73.99 USD
On Amazon.ca, the DVD set is $76.99 (Canadian)

With the exchange rate, the canadian set is slightly cheaper.

Each new set is selling more than the last among new releases, and folks are no doubt still buying the older sets.

Indeed they are. Last quarter I saw about half as many sales for the previous season set as their was sales for the current season's release. Also, every quarter there is a handful of sales for the movies on DVD too. :) This quarter, someone even bought the three pack of season one, two and three which was a first for me! :eek:

I must admit, I'm probably screwing up their numbers.
I waited all the way until Season 3 to finally buy a set. Then I regretted not having Season 2, and then Season 1, so I bought them in that order. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back