• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Laserdiscs

Hey!

I'm currently looking for any B5 Laserdiscs I can find, so if you wanna get rid of any please let me know. My email is resonator (at) gmx (dot) net.
Also, if you have any but your LD Player is broken, I could digitize them for you. I have a X0 LD-Player, a highend Sony TBC and a Blackmagic Design capture card, the quality is better than you think! ;)

I'm going through all the B5 related forums I can find, I'm on a "Crusade" if you will, so please bear with me. ;)

Hey!

I'm currently looking for any B5 Laserdiscs I can find, so if you wanna get rid of any please let me know. My email is resonator (at) gmx (dot) net.
Also, if you have any but your LD Player is broken, I could digitize them for you. I have a X0 LD-Player, a highend Sony TBC and a Blackmagic Design capture card, the quality is better than you think! ;)

I'm going through all the B5 related forums I can find, I'm on a "Crusade" if you will, so please bear with me. ;)

I might be interested. I have all of the ones that were produced by Image. However, you DO know that they didn't produce complete seasons of Season 2 and Season 4, and none of Season 3, right?

I could give you a list of all the ones I have.

Last edited:
Here's the list of Babylon 5 Laserdiscs from Image Entertainment:

Vol. 1.1 The Gathering

Season 1
Vol. 1.2 Midnight on the Firing Line / Soul Hunter
Vol. 1.3 Born to the Purple / Infection
Vol. 1.4 Parliament of Dreams / Mind War
Vol. 1.5 The War Prayer / And the Sky Full of Stars
Vol. 1.6 Deathwalker / Believers
Vol. 1.7 Survivors / By Any Means Necessary
Vol. 1.8 Signs and Portents / TKO
Vol. 1.9 Grail / Eyes
Vol. 1.10 Legacies / A Voice in the Wilderness Part I
Vol. 1.11 A Voice in the Wilderness Part II / Babylon Squared
Vol. 1.12 The Quality of Mercy / Chrysalis

Season 2
Vol. 2.0 Points of Departure / Revelations
Vol. 2.1 The Geometry of Shadows / A Distant Star
Vol. 2.2 The Long Dark / A Spider in the Web

Vol. 2.3 didn't exist. They screwed up by starting Season 2 with 2.0. They screwed up again by starting Season 5 with 5.1 for the TV Movie and 5.2 for the actual first episode

Vol. 2.4 A Race Through Dark Places / Soul Mates
Vol. 2.5 The Coming of Shadows / GROPOS
Vol. 2.6 All Alone in the Night / Acts of Sacrifice

Season 4
Vol. 4.1 The Hour of the Wolf / Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?
Vol. 4.2 The Summoning / Falling Toward Apotheosis
Vol. 4.3 The Long Night / Into the Fire

Vol. 5.1 In the Beginning (the TV movie)

Season 5
Vol. 5.2 No Compromises / The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari
Vol. 5.3 The Paragon of Animals / A View from the Gallery
Vol. 5.4 Learning Curve / Strange Relations
Vol. 5.5 Secrets of the Soul / In the Kingdom of the Blind
Vol. 5.6 A Tragedy of Telepaths / Day of the Dead
Vol. 5.7 Phoenix Rising / The Ragged Edge
Vol. 5.8 The Corps Is Mother, The Corps Is Father / Meditations on the Abyss
Vol. 5.9 Darkness Ascending / And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder
Vol. 5.10 Movements of Fire and Shadow / The Fall of Centauri Prime
Vol. 5.11 The Wheel of Fire / Objects in Motion
Vol. 5.12 Objects at Rest / Sleeping in Light

Last edited:
Yeah, (unfortunatly) I'm well aware of the half-assed release Warner gave the show. They screwed up pretty much all of them, The Complete Collection on VHS, the LDs and the DVDs are full of defects, audio screw-ups and poor uprezing of the CGI scenes. That's actually the reason why I'm looking for the discs - I want a personal collection of the show in it's broadcast 4:3 version rather than the "show me the pot plants on the sides" 16:9 version. I do have most (with the exception of 4 or so) of the episodes that aren't available on LD on VHS. The TBC works wonders on these tapes, but they're (obviously) still not on par with the LDs, so...

What are you looking for, a sale or do you won't to "rent" them to me? ;)

Yeah, (unfortunatly) I'm well aware of the half-assed release Warner gave the show. They screwed up pretty much all of them, The Complete Collection on VHS, the LDs and the DVDs are full of defects, audio screw-ups and poor uprezing of the CGI scenes.

You can be sure of one thing with Warner Brothers; they will always pick the half-assed way to treat B5.

That's actually the reason why I'm looking for the discs - I want a personal collection of the show in it's broadcast 4:3 version rather than the "show me the pot plants on the sides" 16:9 version. I do have most (with the exception of 4 or so) of the episodes that aren't available on LD on VHS. The TBC works wonders on these tapes, but they're (obviously) still not on par with the LDs, so...

What are you looking for, a sale or do you won't to "rent" them to me? ;)

A sale. What are you going to do, transfer them to DVD?

Yeah, I will do DVDs. That's what I do with all "can't get that version anywhere else"-LDs I own these days, should my LD Player die at least I can watch them if I want to that way. I'll probably never buy another LD player again, the X0 was f***in expensive. I'm really lucky that I have access to a lot of semi-pro to pro video gear, because with analog video it really is "shit in shit out".

Sounds great so far, let's get in touch via Email then about the details: resonator@gmx.net.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back