• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Forum Activity

Elric

Regular
I'm quite new to these boards but they seem very active and there are lots of nice people who post interesting topics & replies.

I found b5tv.com whilst looking for info on the DVD releases. I was just wondering if the general activity of the forums increased with the news of the B5 DVDs? If so, then perhaps it would indicate something of a B5 revival?

If there is sufficient interest in the DVDs, would companies like Sci-Fi & TNT reconsider their views on the B5 franchise and other sci-fi projects???

Seems like you're pretty lucky to get the name "Elric." /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Elric: </font color>
I was just wondering if the general activity of the forums increased with the news of the B5 DVDs?

[/quote]
No, this place has always been pretty active.

If so, then perhaps it would indicate something of a B5 revival?

[/quote]
While that's a possibility, I wouldn't count on it.

If there is sufficient interest in the DVDs, would companies like Sci-Fi & TNT reconsider their views on the B5 franchise and other sci-fi projects???

[/quote]
TNT is poisoned ground. Nothing B5 will ever grow there again. TNT and Original TV Series do not seem to go together, and The Sci-Fi Channel seems to be going the same way. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

In reference to this board I don't really see that much evidence of a revival, however in the UK it is being shown in large amounts on no less than 2 channels, one of which is biting for the chance to show rangers from what I hear.

I have several friends who have started watching only in the last year or so.

Seems like you're pretty lucky to get the name "Elric."

[/quote]

Yeah, I was surprised that it was not already taken /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Need to find out how to change my avatar now...

TNT is poisoned ground. Nothing B5 will ever grow there again. TNT and Original TV Series do not seem to go together, and The Sci-Fi Channel seems to be going the same way.

[/quote]

I have to admit, I don't fully understand how the TV networks work in the US but in the UK we usually only see a fraction of what you get over there. I often wonder what we've missed out on. IMO, many of the good shows get cancelled and the dross goes on for many seasons. I think most of the really popular stuff (such as Andromeda - argh!) is the biggest load of *$%"*£&^£ ever to be shown on TV, but hey, it's an imperfect Universe...

Need to find out how to change my avatar now...

[/quote]

I got KoshNaranek on IMDb, but on scifi.com, it was already taken and so I had to settle for KoshN. I just kept the same handle here.

Re. your avatar, that's probably as close to Elric as you're going to get {At least Galen is a mage. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif }, unless you become a premium member, and get to chose your own from a screencap of Elric.

IMO, many of the good shows get cancelled and the dross goes on for many seasons.

[/quote]

Well, that's definitely the case. It's also discouraging when you almost always see the same old stuff (e.g. contemporary dramas) get nominated and win the major awards at the Emmys. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Yep I like the activity too, most other boards are very Trek minded, not my cup of tea!
As for B5...hehe my workmates with serious VHS machines are borrowing my tapes, I am going to get the DVD's anyways /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
That way the story called Babylon5 is spread even more.
I actually work at a place where they like scifi...I am still amazed.
So they borrowed loads of B5 and Farscape, and all them dislike Trek...that amused me somewhat, well this is not meant as a bash, but they do have a point in saying that it is boring /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
Well this B5 wave seems quite stable here...hehe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back