• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD artwork

Interesting, any idea how the site got their hands on it?

It's quite nice.

------------------
"I used to be known as Eric, the waiter with hands for hands." The waiter with stubs for hands in The Kids in the Hall

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
Interesting, any idea how the site got their hands on it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it was hard to find ... it has been on Amazon's site ever since they announced it (or pretty close at least). You can even see a larger version of it here:

B5 Gathering DVD artwork

PS: I agree that it does look nice ... can't wait until it comes out.
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

I think of my beautiful city in flames, Lennier. The streets where I walked. The temples, great crystal spirals, which sighed music whenever the wind touched. I think of it and I cry... --Delenn

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited November 08, 2001).]

es it does look like ITB vid cover....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

It's the same for the Australian release on the 21st November.

------------------
"It is the Errors and faults of we,
That we fight for our nation,
Against a darkness that we forever see."

Warner Bros. posted the artwork and the disc specs on a private industry-only website a couple of weeks after Amazon.com (prematurely) started taking pre-orders. (The original Amazon listing had no picture.) The site is password protected and can only by accessed by Warner Home Video personnel, dealers, distributors and writers who cover the industry. Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits runs an established DVD News site, so he has access to the WHV private site and was able to download the image once it was posted. (As were Peter M. Bracke of The DVD File.com and numerous others.)

The artwork itself was created for TNT's original B5 advertising campaign for the series. It was featured on posters, billboards, and the sides of buses, as well as full-page ads in TV Guide and other magazines. I have a copy of the poster version (you can just make it out in one of the pictures here: My Personal Photos Page.)

The poster text reads:

STARTING JANUARY 4
Turner Network Television Unveils
THE PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE OF BABYLON 5
World Premiere Movie
BABYLON 5:
In the Beginning
Sunday January 4
8 PM (ET)
Watch BABYLON 5 Mondays-Fridays at 7 PM (ET)
(Read the official Babylon 5 books from Del Rey)

The same artwork was used for the VHS and laserdisc releases of In the Beginning.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The same artwork was used for the VHS and laserdisc releases of In the Beginning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if I recall correctly, it was also on the VCD version.

So it seems that they chose to use the cover art they have always used. A very Vorlon thing to do. Let us just hope that the disks get a sufficiently enhusiastic reception for WB to proceed with the series and preferably even do it quickly.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited November 11, 2001).]

Well, a Vorlon thing to do or not, I like it; it's simple but cool.
(And I'll take whatever cover art I can get.)
Jendia

------------------
"You look as though you've been terrified into another and better incarnation."
Dukhat to Delenn

Latest posts

Members online

Back