• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Animated Movie

(alsoo posted at JMSnews)
Very quick non-spoiler reation to The Road Home. It. Is. AMAZING!

The best way I can put it is that it does feel like coming home. There's humor you'll recognize, touching moments and a true Annoyance of Zathrii. More probably after I get home but I really very much enjoyed this film!

Huh - this should've posted last night. I'm sure it's my laptop's fault.

One other non-spoiler thing: While not as operatic as Franke's, the music does serve the movie well, I think.

Jan

(alsoo posted at JMSnews)
Very quick non-spoiler reation to The Road Home. It. Is. AMAZING!

The best way I can put it is that it does feel like coming home. There's humor you'll recognize, touching moments and a true Annoyance of Zathrii. More probably after I get home but I really very much enjoyed this film!

Huh - this should've posted last night. I'm sure it's my laptop's fault.

One other non-spoiler thing: While not as operatic as Franke's, the music does serve the movie well, I think.

Jan

Great stuff, I've seen conflicting opinions on social media but I'm looking forward to seeing for myself next month!

Should we make a dedicated The Road Home review thread? Then general discussion about TRH can stay in this thread and spoiler discussion in the review thread?

FINALLY got my re-newed Best Buy credit card. Now I can pre-order the 4K and Blu-Ray there and pick them up in person. (In case you are new to the World of Looney, I am a AVID physical media collector who lives in the middle of nowhere. This means Looney has to rely on shipping for such items. Now this also means things like Slipcovers that come with movies often get damaged. So if I can drive 55 miles to my nearest Best Buy and see the item in person and pick one with an undamaged slipcover I get very excited.)

For those who want to keep track and would like me to report on what I receive with my shipped ROAD HOME physical media here is the list to follow.....

1ST ORDER: 4K ULTRA-HD Edition from Amazon U.K.

2ND ORDER: 4K ULTRA-HD Edition from Gruv Entertainment.

3RD ORDER: 4K ULTRA-HD Edition and BLU-RAY Edition from Amazon U.S.

4TH ORDER: 4K ULTRA-HD Edition and BLU-RAY Edition from Best Buy.

Now this may seem a bit odd to some, but I promise I will only keep 2 or 3 of these orders. :D
The others will go to friends or family.

And don't worry, I've only ordered my 1ST Complete Series Blu-Ray Set. There will be at a minimum one more. ..........minimum ;)

A new 1:10 clip from the movie just dropped by WB.
No real spoilers for the story.

Not sure if it’s youtube or the video itself, but the talking is not in sync with the mouths. I am not quite sold on Delenn’s voice anyway, but I guess that’s unavoidable since Mira went beyond the rim.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I quite like Delenn's voice here. It must be difficult to get the accent right but Rebecca Riedy has Mira's intonation down perfectly in my estimation. My worry was that Delenn was suddenly going to get an American accent.

I quite like Delenn's voice here. It must be difficult to get the accent right but Rebecca Riedy has Mira's intonation down perfectly in my estimation. My worry was that Delenn was suddenly going to get an American accent.
I've seen both screenings at SDCC. None of the new voices are jarringly different.

Another brief clip released by WB.

This clip shows Sheridan getting unstuck in time.

And another one!
This one with Garibaldi, Lennier, captain Sheridan and president Sheridan.

Thanks to Jan and LateArrival for sharing that. I know I’ve heard some talk about the absence of a character that doesn’t have much of a chance at appearing in projects going into Babylon 5’s universe in the future. It seemed like a missed “opportunity” when he wasn’t included in the cast here.

But I have to realize that making B5 more expensive and complicated is hardly going to help future prospects. And the main focus for me was the story, if Marcus wasn’t in it then that’s just the way it worked out. Not having everything won’t spoil my enjoyment of what we, out of the blue, managed to get. And the date is getting closer…

If the film does well and there are future projects, perhaps there could be stories focusing on other characters - Maybe of one the Three Ls: Londo, Lochley, or Lennier. If the possibilities are infinite, maybe there would be scenes with Marcus or Talia? Possibly even Mister Morden. Keffer?
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!
Less than a week, actually, since Amazon Prime says " Available on August 15, 2023 12:00 AM EDT "
...6 days, 21 hrs, and about 30 mins.

What if Ivanova became Unstuck in Time and bumped into either Marcus and/or Talia?

Should I take the day off work? ;) Uggggh it is so close. I am hoping my pre-orders will start shipping and I will get a surprise Monday rather than having to wait for shipment arrivals on Tuesday or Wednesday. Soooooooooooooo annoying that no brick and mortar retailers will have it near me so I can just walk into a store and buy it!!!!! ? I'm still planning to make the 55 mile trek to my closest Best Buy just to see if they have it. I mean I will try to purchase it that day and make an in store pickup just to double check before I go. REALLY wish I could pick one in person with a perfect slipcover. ?

Just got a dispatch message from Amazon, they say TRH will arrive by the 14th but it'll probably arrive sooner. Hope so anyway, would be good to watch it over the weekend!

Still waiting for my first update, which is quite annoying. I assumed that at a minimum my Amazon U.K. order would have notified me as shipped by this time. I placed the order in a matter of hours or minutes after the listing went live. Dang! Seriously people I don't know what to do?! So anxious and impatient. o_O

Still waiting for my first update, which is quite annoying. I assumed that at a minimum my Amazon U.K. order would have notified me as shipped by this time. I placed the order in a matter of hours or minutes after the listing went live. Dang! Seriously people I don't know what to do?! So anxious and impatient. o_O
Check your bank account – I got a notification from bank last night that money had gone out, but the dispatch note from Amazon didn't come through until this morning.

For what it is worth, checked status of my physical disc order Thursday afternoon, and status was Not Yet Shipped, Arriving Wednesday August 16th. May arrive a day sooner or a day later, but the streaming version looks to be available at 12:00:01am (Eastern US) on the 15th.
"Available on August 15, 2023 12:00 AM EDT" (B0BZYJQ1VJ)
However for Amazon.UK, the streaming version is about five hours earlier...
"Available on 14 August 2023 7:00 pm EDT" (B0BZYHYXD7)

Question on the Blu-ray discs. Noticed last night the Amazon (sold by Amazon) price was $100 + tax. Was it always $100? Thought it was a little more a few weeks ago, but as Londo said to Vir, guess I wasn't paying attention.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back