• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Actors in Tron

Elric

Regular
Tron (a classic movie IMO) was on TV over the weekend.

Now, most people know that (a much younger) Bruce Boxleitner stars in the film as Tron, but I was pleasantly surprised when my girl friend pointed out another familar face - Peter Jurasik :) He plays one of the other prisoners that Jeff Bridges has to fight near the beginning of the film.

Also, the other prisoner (Ram I think he was called) looks very familiar - possibly played a Minbarri but not sure.

And of course, David Warner as the bad guy who appeared in the S1 episode Grail.

:D

Vince Dedrick was a Warrior in Tron and in B5 was a Brakiri in "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder" and played a tough guy in "Meditations on the Abyss"

:)

And of course, David Warner as the bad guy who appeared in the S1 episode Grail.

David Warner wasn't a bad guy. He was just some dude looking for the Holy Grail.

Sorry, I worded that badly (half asleep when I wrote it). What I should have said is:

And of course, David Warner (the bad guy in Tron) who appeared in the S1 episode Grail as the Grail seeker.

;)

Peter Jurasik's character is named "Crom". David Warner actually plays several characters - evil CEO Dillinger, as well as his alter ego "on the inside", Sark, and the voice of the Master Control Program.

-Tim

PJ is in at the beginning of the "computer part" of the film - the first computer "being" to bite the dust during game training, IIRC.

-Tim

He was an accounting program that was sent to play games.

Guess I have to drag out my Tron DVD to watch it again. I only knew about PJ and BB but none of the others mentioned.

man!!!, i completely missed PJ when i watch Tron yesturday (first time i've seen it). I was very impressed by it though. Bruce did a good job

David Warner wasn't a bad guy. He was just some dude looking for the Holy Grail.

Sorry, I worded that badly (half asleep when I wrote it). What I should have said is:

And of course, David Warner (the bad guy in Tron) who appeared in the S1 episode Grail as the Grail seeker.

;)

I know what you meant. He was bad in Tron and good in "Grail"

Came a long way from a computer program to President of the Interstellar Alliance, eh? ;)

Greetings Program,
Rommie ;)

I picked up a copy of the novelisation of Tron at a Baptist Church jumble sale (it still smells of old English Batist church), it adds a few nice touches. The programmes believe the users to be gods, and it actually adds references to religion in the book which is quite nice. there is also a tip of the hat to "The Day the Earth Stood Still", as the phrase "Gort, Klaatu Barada Niktu" is found on a paperweight or something in somebody's office!

In the film they talk about the Users as Gods a bit, most Programs don't believe it but CROM (Peter Jurasik), among others, is a devout believer.

As for "Gort, Klaatu Berada Niktu", this is on a Bumper-Sticker like poster in Alan Bradley's office (Bruce Boxleitner).

My knowledge is yours, what little you may want.

Tim French
Defectivehead

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back