• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

As far as we know...

Well, the interesting thing about this waiting game...the element that so far, we still know is that...

Warner Bros. is still shelling out money to store the sets for "Legend of the Rangers''...

Somewhere out there is a warehouse, storing the "Liandra"...

I find that very interesting...unless, they have destroyed everything and not told a soul...although there are no indications out there that this has happened...Who knows?

Cheers! -Warren-

Thanks for the update. I choose to see that and the fact that you folks (the actors) don't know the status of Rangers as a good sign. Common courtesy suggests that had SFC passed on Rangers then either JMS or Warner would have informed you. Being that this has not happened I remain very optimistic.

Yeah, thanks for the update! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Don't know if this necessarily means anything (after all, it's cheaper to store the sets for a while than to tear them apart right away and then find that someone would still like to make the series!), but I've chosen to be an optimist until told something *definite* that would convince me to give up hope.

Keep your eyes pealed for the new issue of DREAMWATCH issue 91...there is a big spread on the production design of "Legend of the Rangers"...approx. 4 pages and the photographs are fantastic...

From looking at the sets, it would be hard to believe that someone would want to destroy them! They are pretty awesome!

The previous Issue of DREAMWATCH...issue 90 has interviews with Dylan Neal, Myriam Sirois and a round-table discussion including, myself, Alex Zahara, Enid-Raye, Dean Marshall, Gus Lynch and Bernard Cuffling (Sindell)...It is a great magazine spread!

Cheers! -Warren-

Thanks Warren for the news! I will take this as positive as well. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Our favorite navigator posts again! Good to see ya.

Thanks for the update (I chime in with the others). I doubt the WB would be storing sets nobody's going to use again. That wouldn't be economical. So they must be still waiting on the decision... if you think logically...

I rather liked the Liandra sets, and I'll give numerous kudos to the designers. Anybody who can take a breadbox and make a console out of it quickly becomes a personal hero to anybody who has ever wielded the duct tape at a community theater... and Lord knows I have /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Yeah, I agree with Channe. At first, I thought the Liandra looked kinda different, but the more I saw of it I liked it. It grew on me. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif I think it looks pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Don't sets and props also get stored to get "re-purposed" for other productions?

I remember B5 using spacesuits from 2001.

When you take the Universal Studios tour, they show you where old props and sets are stored for re-use.

If I was an exec at the studio, I don't think I'd destroy the sets for B5LR even if SciFi said there would be no series. You never know if two years from now, there could be another movie. In the meantime, some other show may be able to re-purpose the stuff.

I'm also having deja vu about a big deal being made about the Crusade sets being stored. I haven't heard much about that since 1999.

Yes, thank you, Warren (Kitaro)! If SFC had decided not to do Rangers, you would've been told. This means that the series still has a chance at this point. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Tammy

I think that this is a positive sign. I know someone metioned props and costumes being recycled a lot and know thats true. I can remember just about every scifi series from the original startrek to deep space 9 using the same blinking bars in a glass tube for some piece of equipment. I lost count of how many times I have seenthe starship troopers uniforms on comercilas for this and that. I cnat recall seein as much set recycling with the excepion of spin off series, and even that is not a constat, or generic sets, offices, jail cells, courtrooms etc. Example when cheers ended, the set was struck and the stage was used for frasier. On the other hand, I would not be supreised if the enterprise bridge and the voyager bridge were the same set since they both share the same size, shape, and the characters are supposed to be doing the same things (I dont know if they are or not). I lust dont thnik that the Liandra set has that much recycling potential. At a minimum it could mean that hey want to do another another rangers movie. Another aproach would be to see how many other scifi shows WB wants to put out.

Thanks For the Update /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif *keeping fingers crossed*

Yeah, even if there is no series, they should keep the sets in case they ever decide to make a "To Live and Die in Starlight" part 2. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

From what I understand, yes they have. Someone here as already posted in another thread that they are saving the sets. We thought that might be a positive sign.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back