• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Another Mini for Sci Fi

Glacophane

Regular
Bryan Singer and Dean Devlin will create and produce Triangle, an eight-hour mini series about the Bermuda Triangle, for the Sci Fi Channel.

The project will be a character-driven, human story set in the present day that will focus on the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle. There'll be special effects, but they'll be secondary to the emotion generated by the characters.

Devlin (Independence Day) said he and Singer ("X-Men" series) are working on the descriptive blueprint for series. "It will involve people who've gone through a number of different experiences with the Bermuda Triangle," Devlin said, "who come together and decide to confront the mystery."

"Brian and I originally started talking about the Triangle idea for a feature film," he continued, "but the outline became too broad to fit within the confines of a movie. We realized we'd need a longer format."
I don't know when this will be on, but I might have to check it out just because of Bryan Singer's involvement. Dean Devlin isn't too bad, I loved Stargate and ID4, but Godzilla sucked and you couldn't pay me to watch Eight-Legged Freaks.

Sounds like it could either be good, or really really suck. :p (great words of wisdom)

I don't know when this will be on, but I might have to check it out just because of Bryan Singer's involvement. Dean Devlin isn't too bad, I loved Stargate and ID4, but Godzilla sucked and you couldn't pay me to watch Eight-Legged Freaks.

As a purely superficial, summer, popcorn action flick, I liked ID4, but that was about it.

I liked Godzilla on the same basis. Eight Legged Freaks was a hoot! :) You should give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. It's in the same vein as the first Tremors movie and Mars Attacks!, which I also liked.

As a purely superficial, summer, popcorn action flick, I liked ID4, but that was about it.

I liked Godzilla on the same basis. Eight Legged Freaks was a hoot! :) You should give it a chance. I was pleasantly surprised. It's in the same vein as the first Tremors movie and Mars Attacks!, which I also liked.

Eight Legged Freaks was a hoot!
If you say it was, then I'll have to check it out. You seem to have decent tastes in movies and tv. ;) Plus I don't mind watching Kari Wuhrer (sp?).

ID4 was a good action flick with good special effects but for characters they were all pretty stock and my wife hates it because all of the females are relagated to the "stand in the background behind their man" roles. I did buy it on DVD however, she'll never watch. :LOL:

If you say it was, then I'll have to check it out. You seem to have decent tastes in movies and tv. ;) Plus I don't mind watching Kari Wuhrer (sp?).

ID4 was a good action flick with good special effects but for characters they were all pretty stock and my wife hates it because all of the females are relagated to the "stand in the background behind their man" roles. I did buy it on DVD however, she'll never watch. :LOL:

Eight Legged Freaks is more or less a homage to 50's B movies, and has just the right amount of humor and scares. The CGI spiders are actually pretty good. They used some real ones as well, mainly in the beginning, in the lab. The first Tremors movie was also a homage to the 50's B movies, which I like due to the good chemistry the cast had together.

If you want to see a movie that is just slapstick funny in places (e.g. trying to get back in the apartment after being locked out, the pet store, the horrible misfortunes of the girlfriend-to-be), check out See Spot Run. ;)

Eight Legged Freaks is more or less a homage to 50's B movies, and has just the right amount of humor and scares. The CGI spiders are actually pretty good. They used some real ones as well, mainly in the beginning, in the lab. The first Tremors movie was also a homage to the 50's B movies, which I like due to the good chemistry the cast had together.

If you want to see a movie that is just slapstick funny in places (e.g. trying to get back in the apartment after being locked out, the pet store, the horrible misfortunes of the girlfriend-to-be), check out See Spot Run. ;)

I've watched a few of the 50's sci fi films such as "Them" and then the one from the 70's with Bill Shatner "Kingdom of the Spiders". Maybe I'll rent Eight-Legged freaks when I have some free time. But I've never heard of See Spot Run.

I've watched a few of the 50's sci fi films such as "Them" and then the one from the 70's with Bill Shatner "Kingdom of the Spiders". Maybe I'll rent Eight-Legged freaks when I have some free time. But I've never heard of See Spot Run.

Latest posts

Members online

Back