• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

And to think...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
You should have heard me laughing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine that ! Exactly like Brooke Shield in "Friends" at the restaurant with Joey. That was the ultimate crazy-femal-laughing I ever heard.
lol.gif

- Garibaldi's Hairs

------------------
When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"
- Londo

Warren,

You must have read my mind, since I was just going to make a post on that very subject.

I'm not writing with characters we've used in the thread, actually, besides Callenegra and Dr. Henderson. It's a prequel of sorts, something very much in line with what's been previously written, dealing not with the Vai (as that's been Obsessed's purview), but with the Company itself, of which Callenegra is very much a part. It's based entirely off posts in the thread.

I like this universe. It's telling stories in my brain already.
smile.gif

The journal's tiny, and with a run of about 1000 copies total, very regional. (I should know. I'm the editor. *coughs a bit*) :p If it does well in feedback, I might try it out in a larger market, as the journal doesn't claim rights on anything it publishes. (And, of course, that's subject to you and Obsessed saying ok, since it's your universe, too.)

-Channe

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> as the journal doesn't claim rights on anything it publishes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FWIW, no US Publication can "Claim" rights to anything it publishes. And few in other parts of the world.

International copyright law gives All rights to The Author unless that author specifically sells or otherwise grants them.

Particularly in a small journal such as you describe, the only right customarily granted is a one time publication in the country where the journal is printed.

Since you say you are editing it, what sort of Copyright policy does it contain?
The US requires such journals to print their copyright policy on the same page with the Publisher's contact notice.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Count on you, bakana, to always correct my terminology (sometimes to a very annoying level). For a writer, I can be horribly imprecise. "Rights" was not the word I should have used.

As it is three in the morning, my documentation is halfway across town, and I've been doing press releases all night, so... off the top of my head...

Our purpose is primarily to provide area young writers with a jumping-off point. We get funding for that from local organizations. However. All copyright reverts to the author, and they're welcome to do whatever they'd like with the work, including simultaneously submit it and publish it afterwards in other journals.

When I get to the office I'll get the actual terminology for you, if you'd like.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Channe,

BTW-What was the decison you made regarding "Titans"?

Are you going ahead with that planned project?

Just curious! Cheers! -Warren-
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I admit that was a funny scene. But did it make much sense? He has a crewmember who is dying and in serious need of an advanced medical facility.

Besides, with the way the Liandra took off, what if he couldn’t start those engines up again? (I did notice the effects that indicated he did just what he said, and parked the ship. It sounded like he powered something down, too.)

Anyhow, it was one of his best lines, but I wonder how much it made sense. He delivered it perfectly, though. And as I’ve said, I just wish the movie could have been longer so we could have gotten into the characters more. But that’s not possible in a 2-hour time frame. Especially if “more action” was what they were going for.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hypatia,

Oh, who cares if his dialogue at that point wasn't practical or made much sense. It was just plain fun.
smile.gif

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Latest posts

Members online

Back