• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Amazon.ca Question

I've decided to buy the S1 set from Amazon.ca (using the B5tv.com link of course), partly cos of the favourable exchange rate and the problem with And the sky full of stars. Have there been many people who ended up getting sctratched discs cos of the loose packaging. It'll be a huge schlep to return the set all the way from South Africa. Has this incorrectly numbered disc 4 been found on sets sold by Amazon.ca. I wonder if I can ask them to check for theses 2 defects before they ship it.

I got my S1 set from Amazon.ca... from the second batch they sent out, I believe. I can't speak for anyone else but my set did not have any problems - all discs were there and were the right ones, and none had come loose or been scratched, even though the trip from Canada to Estonia's not all that short either.

Of course, I may just have been lucky about the no loose/scratched discs issue since they do seem to come off pretty easily. But I'm fairly sure the wrong disc issue should be sorted out by now.

I ordered my S1 from amazon.ca too. It arrived in Germany with 2 discs loose, but I have not found either of the loose discs to be damaged.

Good luck!

I ordered mine from the USA version of Amazon.com. The disks were lose when I opened the package, but they might just have come lose when I opened it. I think they did, actually. So no scratches, thankfully.

As I wade through my other DVD's, including one other series I bought season 1 for, I have yet to hear any of the sound glitches that bothered me from time to time on the B5 Season 1 DVD set. But since others have not noticed places where the sound (the vocals) briefly get fuzzy or almost go out totally, I am at a loss as to why this happened from time to time on the B5 set.

confused.gif

I never did notice visual errors, but I might just not have noticed them if they were brief enough.

As I wade through my other DVD's, including one other series I bought season 1 for, I have yet to hear any of the sound glitches that bothered me from time to time on the B5 Season 1 DVD set. But since others have not noticed places where the sound (the vocals) briefly get fuzzy or almost go out totally, I am at a loss as to why this happened from time to time on the B5 set

The sound on the DVDs is designed for 5 speaker systems. Do you have a sound system that can support 5 loud speakers? The equipment may be trying to use a loud speaker that you have not fitted.

Other people’s players only support 2 speakers, so they probably automatically merge the sounds.

AMS, I have no sound system at all. I have a televison, and an old one at that. I'm lucky the DVD player hooked into it at all.

Maybe you pegged it. But I thought all of the sound came through regardless of the "surround sound" or lack of same.
confused.gif

For me with a surround sound system there are parts where the sound is fuzzy or sounds different from the rest of the dialog in other shots. It happens in a scene or two in a few episodes. Nothing big but it is there. It's good enough for me.

Yea, I don't mean to sound as if I think the set stinks. But I do wonder "how did that happen" from time to time.
confused.gif

I'm just chomping at the bit to see what that "gag reel" is all about on the season 2 set.

Please let it be the bloopers...
cool.gif

I thought I'd just add to this thread instead of starting a new one.

Firstly I've had great service from amazon.ca.
I did a huge order: 1*B5 S1 DVD set and 2*Fellowship-Extended Edition on standard shipping. This order didn't arrive ,ie stolen by some wanker at the South African Post Office. So they sent me a replacement shipment at no charge and on priority shipping. And because the replacement had zero monetary value I didn't have to pay customs :)
The discs on the B5 set were fine, no floaters.

I've been reading about people using amazon.ca coupons and the like. Now, I've found some sites with coupon codes; but do these actually work?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back