• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Aliens from The Gathering

Cern

Regular
I was going through my collection of old magazines this weekend and found the February 1993 issue of Cinefantastique magazine-its got G'kar and a couple of Vorlon Transports on the cover. Theres some pretty nifty pictures inside. And a few Aliens that were never seen again. I was wondering, is there any way I could post some of these pics so you could all check them out? I was even thinking it might be fun to try and name some of these guys.

My favorite alien from The Gathering was that gorilla bartender guy. I always thought it was way too cheesy to have an apeman on the station. Too bad we never got to see him again.

How about the little alien we see in the transport tube holding on to the two bars on either side of him/her. It' s in the beginning of the movie when Sinclair goes in the transport to go somewhere (I forget where).

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cern:
<font color=yellow>I was wondering, is there any way I could post some of these pics so you could all check them out?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I'm afraid the only way to post pics in general would be to get yourself a website and upload them there, and then post the links.

But indeed, some of those Gathering never-to-be-seen aliens looked rather ... weird! *LOL* Yeah, it would have been fun to see more of them. I think S1 tried to still keep some of strangeness, with N'Grath, but I suppose that pulling off a whole army of strange-looking aliens would have been too difficult/costly to achieve at the time, at least to make them look believable.

Boy, am I glad though that they changed the appearance of Narns and Minbari!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I had that issue once, I sent it to my dad to get him interested in the series before it started. I actually liked the earlier makeup design of the mimbari, the blue skin with the yellow bone crest. Plus the thing about Dalenn originally being a male character.

Minbari - were originally designed to be an (a word i don't remember how to pronounce all spell)..........but basically male and females of the species would look the same!! - hence the make up between Delenn and the Assasin

*trying to be helpful*

might the word you were looking for happen to be "androgynous"?

I think that had the Narns and Minbari looked the same throughout the series as they did in The Gathering, we wouldn't think twice about it. We wouldn't think they looked weird at all. But I agree that Delenn looked hideous, but G'Kar's look didn't really bother me that much.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SigmaC13:
<font color=yellow>*trying to be helpful*

might the word you were looking for happen to be "androgynous"? </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

That's the one

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sinclair:
<font color=yellow>But I agree that Delenn looked hideous, but G'Kar's look didn't really bother me that much.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Delenn looked just horrible. But she was always supposed to go through that Chrysalis change so even if she had looked the same for the first season, it wouldn't have been that bad.

But G'Kar in The Gathering - ugh. He looked *a lot* better in the series, especially from S2-S3 onwards. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I read that the whole androgenous Delenn thing was that JMS himself was unsure if the character of Delen would be male or female, hence the androgenous look. When Mia Furlan signed on for the series JMS decided to make her more feminine.

Well the idea was.........cast a female to play the male (since he/she will change their sex at the end of season1).

the problem was.........they were originally going to digitize Mira's voice so that she sounded more male - but they couldn't get it to sound right - so they just kept her as female

and least i think that is how it went

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LightNZ:
<font color=yellow>Well the idea was.........cast a female to play the male (since he/she will change their sex at the end of season1).

the problem was.........they were originally going to digitize Mira's voice so that she sounded more male - but they couldn't get it to sound right - so they just kept her as female

and least i think that is how it went </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

That is what I remember reading about it, as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back