• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Alias - Season 3

The third season of Alias is beginning here in Finland this week and I tought I should ask two questions. Altough the second season began the exploration of the wonderful Rambaldi-storyline, I have my doubts of the conclusion. So, here it goes...

1) Is the storyline going anywhere or do they just fetch good ol' Milo B. out from the closet everytime they need another mystery? (No spoilers, please!)

2) Is the third season any good? (Again, no spoilers, please!)

Regards,
Marko Marin

I found the third season to be significantly weaker than seasons one and two. In season three, to me, it seemed like we got few mysteries solved before more were thrown on top of the pile. JJ Abrams has said since the end of season three that he was kind of able to see the show from outside the production of it a bit last year as he was also busy with other projects and is going to try and bring back more of what made the show great in season one and two that was lacking in season three, so hopefully season four will be better than three was. Overall, I found three to just be flatter and quite a bit of a letdown after a while.

I'm watching the first season... so far not impressed.

The first season isn't so great in my opinion. It's mostly retrieving stuff from a place A to a place B and swamp the stuff with anything CIA gives to Sydney. Nothing really special... :rolleyes:

But give it time. Few of the last episodes of S1 show some improvement and when you get to the middle of S2, that's when the story really blew my mind. When you get there, I think you will say the same thing. :D

Regards,
Marko Marin

I was largely disenchanted with S3 because of what they did with Lauren (I'll say no more) and found the show to be spinning a bit out of control overall. But there were some good character episodes, and my favorite episode of all time so far (focusing on my fave character, Jack).

Am i the only one who think it's stupid that the spy is in college? How does the girl find the time to work for SD6, CIA, have a social life and study for tests???

The college stuff fades very much to the background pretty soon. It gets much better after that.

Am i the only one who think it's stupid that the spy is in college? How does the girl find the time to work for SD6, CIA, have a social life and study for tests???

Well, forget the social life, she's always having to ditch on her friends. Her job for the CIA is essentially to do her job for SD6, only differently. And she's not doing her best work in school....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back