• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ain't It Cool News Has A Review Of B5:Rangers!!!!!!

PsionTen

Regular
Ain\'t It Cool News Has A Review Of B5:Rangers!!!!!!

And it seems as though they like it.

WARNING!!! -- - There are spoilers.
------------------
"Even I am not a Marxist" —— Karl Marx.

[This message has been edited by PsionTen (edited July 20, 2001).]

Re: Ain\'t It Cool News Has A Review Of B5:Rangers!!!!!!

But they also showed their stupidity at the same time. The one line about crusade failing because of "the music."
crazy.gif

Idiots.

------------------
It is said that the civilized man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that by learned discourse, he may rise above the savage, and be closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me that I'm best.

just read the review...i am having some serious 3rdspace flashbacks.

------------------
Eat More Goat.

Hey, I'm just glad Aint-it-cool is reporting it, as Harry's audience is huge....
And since it's a positive review, all the better for snagging potential viewers, or old B5 viewers that for whatever reason haven't kept up with things.
As far as the plot of the show, I'm keeping an open mind. But also a biased one; I know it will rock.
Jendia

laugh.gif

------------------
"You look as though you've been terrified into another and better incarnation."
Dukhat to Delenn

I think it sounds great. I look forward to it. I don't know about the "kunk fu" weapons statement. This could be a blurp about as accurate as "crusade was cancelled because of the music". I will wait and see, and I am thrilled.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
just read the review...i am having some serious 3rdspace flashbacks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm not all that crazy about another "ancient enemy" thing. Regardless, we'll just have to wait and see... though I do want to see the whole thing as of yesterday!

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

It was a great review, & it definitely makes me want to see it *now*, but what was up with all the typos? It made it seem very unprofessional.

Tammy
smile.gif
frown.gif
blush.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
crazy.gif
mad.gif
crazy.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif

Just having fun with the emoticons!
smile.gif

------------------

I think it's also worth mentioning that the AICN article is one great big spoiler! Perhaps you can edit your message to warn people of that, PsionTen?
smile.gif

Where is "Ain't it Cool News" published? Is it a print media or internet?
crazy.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

internet, but I do not have the URL handy.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsionTen:
It's basically an internet site for entertainment gossip. Its at www.aintitcool.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

I kinda like the ancient enemy thing, but i wish it wasnt the whole "otherdimensional" thing again.

Could this be one of the Vorlons "many mistakes"?

------------------
Eat More Goat.

hmmn I dunno about this review it makes this B5LR sound like it not very good and I also feel this guy has a hudge unreliable streak...HEH I guess I am not trusting of it cause he seems to be misinformed about B5. Example his comment about Crusade music.

Many things on that web site turn out to be wrong or slightly twisted but then again allot of dead on heh..

Well I personally didn't liek his review it made B5LR sound like a cross between thirdspace and um heh dunno somthing yucky.

After saying that I have mass faith in JMS.
Time will tell.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

AICN is a fan (or "fanboy"
smile.gif
) run site, and gets a lot of its information from folks who are far from professional writers, but who happen upon information. Some of it is accurate, some of it isn't. They don't do much in the way of editing submissions, either, they just post them as-is.

I used to supply them with stories myself, in the early days of the DVD format, when I knew some people who knew some people who could get me information from the studios.

Their TV stuff used to be much better when a guy named Glen was in charge. (He was also a B5 fan, so my view may be a bit biased.) But AICN broke the story about the infamous "TNT/Crusade Memo", the one that contributed to the first production shut down, and Glen ran very favorable reviews of "Racing the Night" and (I think) "The Path of Sorrows" when he saw them in rough-cut form.

The current editors seem to have taken one look at B5, noticed that it wasn't Star Trek and reached for the remote. This review is actually a pertty good sign, maybe if Rangers makes enough noise generally they'll be forced to cover it.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mondo Londo:
Yeah, I'm not all that crazy about another "ancient enemy" thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me neither. After the huge (and meaningful) struggle to get the First Ones to leave the galaxy, this sounds like a bit of a cop-out. It's almost as if jms is admitting that the Babylon 5 universe is not quite the same without at least one "ancient enemy" running around, stirring things up.

I did enjoy the reviewer's references to "Captain Martel's piece of crap ship"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited July 20, 2001).]

Hmm, that comment about Crusade and music sounded to me as if the guy writing the review was trying to be humorous/ironic/perhaps even sarcastic, not that he seriously meant it.

However, there was one thing that caught my eye (especially if, as he says, he's never watched an episode of B5). It could of course just be a mistake by him:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>He says "G'Kar and *the other* ambassadors - that left me confused. He's just plain Citizen in the movie, right? Anyway, methinks the guy has seen at least some of B5, he just doesn't want to acknowledge it.
crazy.gif
</font></td></tr></table>

Otherwise, it doesn't sound too bad.
smile.gif
So there are elements reminiscent of Thirdspace but IMHO the worst part of Thirdspace was not the premise but the execution. It came out boring. And at least this time we won't have Sheridan saving the day with a couple of nukes.
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's bad luck to die on an empty stomach."
- G'Kar, "In the Kingdom of the Blind"

"Moriarty" is one of the staff at "AICN" He wrote the introduction to the review, and he's the one who mentioned never having watched B5. The review itself is written (badly) by someone named "Reflux" The way the intro is written doesn't make this clear, but the article is signed at the bottom, and Moriarty can at least spell, so he's unlikely to have written the review proper.

I don't think Reflux is kidding about Crusade. There are lots of folks who have no idea what really happened with the show, and assume that it was just cancelled for poor ratings when it aired.

Re: G'Kar

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>There is no reason he can't be appointed Narn Ambassador the the Interstellar Alliance, or even resume his seat on the Advisory Board once he returns from voluntary exile. Either way, he could be addressed as "Ambassador" So this one may or may not be an error.</font></td></tr></table>

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Thanks for the clarification, Joe.
smile.gif

Although in that latter case, why does e.g. the SciFi.com Rangers site cast section refer to "Citizen G'Kar"?
crazy.gif

Ah, whatever. I suppose we'll find out everything once the movie airs, anyway.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's bad luck to die on an empty stomach."
- G'Kar, "In the Kingdom of the Blind"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back