• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

After many episodes...my take on Jeremiah

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>The only items I see going for Jeremiah are known actors and JMS's reputation, who, in this instance, is producing a series without thinking through what would logically happen in the world he uses for the story background.<hr></blockquote>
I was under the impression that the "story background" was dictated by the European comic series on which the series is based.

Fair enough, what JMS chooses to do with it is open for criticism, but it seems a bit unfair to criticise him for a story premise that is not his own !

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow> is producing a series without thinking through what would logically happen in the world he uses for the story background.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

As many people lke to say on this board it is 'sci-fi' anything can happen, there doesn't have to be anything logic about it, unless JMS wants it to be.

I'm sorry if i came off as trying to flame people, i am just a very opinionated person and don't understand how people can't like this show.

Thirdly, did anyone else like that last episode? with the woman in charge, I personally liked how they put in the star wars at the begining. And if i am not mistaken someone posted how they learned about how to drive. Well that was just answered on last episode, glad to see writers are actually reading our post.

I am just finishing up my review of this week's episode (soon to be discussed in <a target="_blank" href=http://www.b5lr.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB11&Number=90043>this thread</a>) and I loved the Star Wars and apocalypse movie references as well. It was a nice touch. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

As for the comment about the writers listening to our posts in regards to driving, I highly doubt that they did. These episodes were written and filmed many months ago. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GaribaldisHair:
<font color=yellow>
Fair enough, what JMS chooses to do with it is open for criticism, but it seems a bit unfair to criticise him for a story premise that is not his own !</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

It's his own, actually. Although JMS is using the characters and the world of Huppen's comic as a start-off point, the story is definitely and completely his.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back