• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

According to BBFC Easter Egg is also in R2 boxset

That's the gag reel, alright. It also appears that this time around the UK will be getting the episode promos. They were also cleared by the BBFC (how nice of them) and added to the database on April 24th. Like the Easter Egg they are rated PG-13. :)

The Easter Egg for both seasons is on disc six. Somewhere in the datafiles there is a screen with all the available menu items are on one side, and blank space or a design on the other side. If you arrow over to the "empty" spac, a B5 logo will appear. You can then hit "enter" and get the Easter Egg. I forget the details, because the S1 Easter Egg was not one I wanted to watch over and over. If you go to DVD Review you'll find a whole section on Easter Eggs from hundreds of DVD titles, including this one, with exact instructions on how to access them.

Regards,

Joe

That's the gag reel, alright. It also appears that this time around the UK will be getting the episode promos. They were also cleared by the BBFC (how nice of them) and added to the database on April 24th. Like the Easter Egg they are rated PG-13. :)

Note: UK PG is not PG-13. PG is aged 8 and over.
PG-13 is 12 (or 12A).

The "12" episodes are ALL ALONE IN THE NIGHT and the Data Files.

It is interesting that only one cut, of 3 seconds, was made to the VHS cassettes. My personal views are up the classification to 12 and leave the naked Political Officer in.

hypatia: On Season 1, Dics 6: select 'special features.' Select 'The Universe of Babylon 5.' Select 'Data Files.' Scroll down to 'Battle of the Line,' press right. A '5' lights up. Press 'select' and see the Easter Egg.

Thanks, Joe D and Anlashok. I'll check that out next time I'm watching my B5 DVD's. I wonder why they hide it so.

Actually, I was thinking of watching a season 1 episode again. The one the Sci Fi channel showed part 1 of on Friday. Maybe I'll check this out tomorrow.

Thanks! :)

Because if they didn't hide it, it wouldn't be an Easter Egg. :p

The S1 Egg isn't all that impressive, really..... and not all that well hidden, for me... because my Season 6 DVD keeps accidentally going to it instead of other special features.

On another Easter Egg note, I was checking otu some of the Eggs in a few Adobe products, and I activated one of 3 Easter Eggs for Adobe ImageReady, and it got stuck... no now, instead of an "Adobe ImageReady" splash screen when the program opens, I have "Adobe EelPout" with a splash image of a big pouting Eel... It's.... odd.

hypatia: On Season 1, Dics 6: select 'special features.' Select 'The Universe of Babylon 5.' Select 'Data Files.' Scroll down to 'Battle of the Line,' press right. A '5' lights up. Press 'select' and see the Easter Egg.

I tried this on my set. No luck.

Obviously the UK has missed out again :mad:

I tried this on my set. No luck.

The Easter egg was not on the R2 version of the S1 set. The S2 Easter egg is on the UK edition. You missed out a six months ago; you're OK now. :)

Regards,

Joe

[quoteI tried this on my set. No luck.

[/quote]
I've had a quick look around for any reference to the R1 easter egg appearing on the R2 release, and I can't find any.
I've just checked my R2 S1 and I can't find anything, though I've not had a good hard search. My guess is we missed out.
Just one of the reasons why I went for the R1 release this time around!

I quote Gene Roddenberry: "Religion and politics only serve to keep people apart and stunt our ability to grow." I'll add WHV to that list. :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back