• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

About this review..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mindwalker:
Imagine if we did have that party! I bet 20:1 odds Sta and Kirbu would vanish to the nearest hotel.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

No way!! I wanna see the movie first!!
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

A couple points:

When Delenn recreated the Grey Council she took specific notice of the fact that spending all their time on a Starship was Part Of The Problem. It left the council "disconnected" from the Minbari people.
I believe she recommended that they Move Back "home".

Second, the New Construction:

The Minbari had a Civil War. Large parts of their cities were destroyed. Buildings hundreds of year old.
These would have to be Rebuilt.

It's no surprize that New buildings might have a New and Different appearance.
Tastes in architecture change.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

I agree Bakana. In my earlier post I said the "new home of the Grey Council". Delenn did indeed mandate that they return to Minbar.

And that's a heck of a good point about the Civil War. The old buildings were carved right out of the crystal, so once they're destroyed, you'd have to bring in new materials to rebuild them.

Realistically speaking, GVFX did Total Recall 2070, which bore a strong resemblance to Bladerunner, so they probably had a vast wealth of virtual city models in their arsenal.
laugh.gif

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>In a couple of hours from now, Eric Lindros will meet up with Scott Stephens and the New Jersey Devils - their last meeting resulted with a brutal elbow to the chops from Stephens which had Lindros out with a concussion. It'll be interesting to see how they go at it today... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great game -- Rangers in OT, 4-3. Mike Richter made 46 saves! Fleury took a couple of stupid penalties. Devils haven't got on track yet this season.

Lindros can still play, but I don't really know if it's worth taking a chance on concussion #7(!). Who knows what the next one could do to his brain?!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for him, but what I really worry about is if a country full of kids watch him get turned into a spasming pile of goo during Hockey Night in Canada.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
ps-It would be absolutely fantastic if I could rent a huge theater...with a huge screen...with a kick-ass sound system...and we could all screen "To Live and Die in Starlight" together...and have a big party afterwards...Wouldn't that be fun? You people deserve this...

The expense would be on me of course!

I like to dream...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ... that is a lovely dream Warren and one that I will hold on to! That would be a great idea and I can only hope that -might- become a reality.
wink.gif

Hmm, and I wonder why you are my favorite?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

PS: I love yours (and all the cast's) photos on the board here ...

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. --G'Kar

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited October 18, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatfirellgirl:

Learning as I go. Let's try this...
My website

I've added quite a few more pics and a demo on reel video, so check it out if you like.

Take care,

Enid-Raye

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Pictures are a great treat, thank-you. I especially like the one with you and Andreas, and the large one of you alone against the wall of the ship- I presume that's where you are - you are obviously in full Minbari mind set. Delenn would be proud of you.

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatfirellgirl:
Learning as I go. Let's try this...
My website

By the by, I didn't have a website before filming B5LR, but I put one together because of the awesome fan base for Rangers. I've added quite a few more pics and a demo on reel video, so check it out if you like.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have really enjoyed your web site Enid-Raye ever since you put it up. I especially liked the pictures from the set of B5LR.
smile.gif

I am not a streaming media expert by any means but I do work for a streaming media company.
wink.gif
However, I have a few things to nit-pick about ...

First, it is called "RealVideo".
wink.gif

Second, I thought it was strange how these demos behaved. The quality and format of the demos was different when played via streamed and downloaded. Plus, usually the "high res" versions of media files usually take up more space on the screen than "low res" ones. I could go into more details privately or publicly ... unless I am the only one who has noticed these things?

Lastly, it would be nice if you put how large your "demoreels" are since it is always nice to know before downloading a 26 MB file.
wink.gif

Still, I am so happy to explore your web site and hope the other cast members will jump on the bandwagon. (hint, hint)
laugh.gif

------------------

hey guys,
glad you are liking the the site. monica, i read your notes but i was wondering if you could translate them into ENGLISH please! (ha ha) ya, i don't understand a word you wrote. files, sizes mpg's - its all greek to me! but i will pass along your notes to my website dude and maybe he can get back to ya. the whole demo thing has been tricky from the start. by the way, i saw the photos you posted back in june from the simon fraser meeting with the cast and they're great!

terrytvgal, glad you liked the pics. i'll try and post more as i get them. i'm still waiting for tape from a couple of other projects and then i'll throw them on there.

michael, that was a hell of a game. (rangers - devils) i know theo took some dumb penalties but i love watching him and lindros play on the same line. lindros is huge! he's freakishly tall and fleury is a scrappy little power pack. while eric is off pounding some guy into the corner with all of his 235 lbs, theo flies down the ice, sees some guy, jumps up, elbows him in the face and when the ref gives him a penalty, he's like "what?!?" he's hilarious.

f.y.i. vancouver and colorado meet up again next week. can't wait to see if scotty parker makes it out okay or not...

whew-hoo, hockey talk!

thanks for posting guys,
Enid-Raye

------------------

Enid-Raye:

I'm a little too old to play hockey that physical anymore, but I can still appreciate it!

Myself, I always thought the old Guy LaFleur's Canadiens vs. Jean Ratelle's Rangers games were hockey the way it was meant to be played.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Enid-Raye:

Now that I think about it:

1. You guys are the RANGERS!

2. The NY NHL hockey team are the RANGERS!

3. How about some cross-promotional stuff?!?

I like it! Who knows, maybe you could get some ice time with the guys, hijack the zamboni, etc!

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

hey guys,
glad you are liking the the site. monica, i read your notes but i was wondering if you could translate them into ENGLISH please! (ha ha) ya, i don't understand a word you wrote. files, sizes mpg's - its all greek to me! but i will pass along your notes to my website dude and maybe he can get back to ya. the whole demo thing has been tricky from the start. by the way, i saw the photos you posted back in june from the simon fraser meeting with the cast and they're great!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, well I -tried- to explain it in english but being the techie freak that I am ... I fail to do so sometimes. It is probably something we should talk about via email or at least outside the boards here. You (and or your "website dude") can email me at [concealed] if you want to discuss it further.
smile.gif

I am glad you liked my photos from SFU and even though I don't think they are so great I am really glad to have them. I just wish I could have gotten more pics close-up and more experience with the camera.
wink.gif
But then again, I am highly critical of my own work.
laugh.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited November 04, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> ps-It would be absolutely fantastic if I could rent a huge theater... with a huge
screen...with a kick-ass sound system... and we could all screen "To Live and Die in Starlight" together... and have a big party afterwards... Wouldn't that be fun? You people deserve this... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sort of thing might actually be Possible.

The University near me has a theater with a 30 foot screen. The Japanese Anime club I belong to uses it twice a month.

The club is officially registered as a Student club, so gets to use the theater free of charge.

Now, if there is a University near you with similar facilities and policies, a Student B5: Rangers club might just be able to work something out.
wink.gif

Particularly with SciFi.com looking for ways to promote the show.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There's a DEAL looking to be made.
cool.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

hey mondo....
wouldn't that be hilarious...me taking the zamboni for a spin in my minbari gear! what a hoot! the gardens would never be the same.
ya, i see what you mean about the rangers cross-over. what do you think their chances are for hitting a conference final? the cup itself?
monica, i'd like to hear from you. you can email me via my website or specifically, that address is era_return@yahoo.ca
hope everyone is having a great weekend.
lots of games on the roster today.
also, i am really looking forward to the harry potter movie november 16.
let's discuss.
take care,
Enid-Raye

------------------

Hi:

Well, who knows -- maybe you could ride the zamboni in Madison Square Garden -- have your agent get on SciFi / Warner, whoever -- SciFi's based in NYC, after all, they must be able to make the connections if they want to...

NY's got to be one of your top target markets, so nothing ventured, nothing gained -- go for it! Maybe you could join John Davidson and Sam Rosen in the booth, too! or, whoever's doing the game on the other side...

I'd love it! And so would you!

As for whether the Rangers have a chance for the playoffs this year -- it's still too early to tell. The lines are all new, of course, and they have to learn where each other is without looking. Fleury is taking more bad penalties than he should. It's also obvious they need to work on their power plays.

The Devils didn't get any worse, and the Islanders got a whole lot better -- to say nothing of Washington (Jagr)!

But, the Rangers having lines centered by Lindros, Messier, and Neved is nothing to sneeze at, either. Richter and the 18-year-old Blackburn look good in the nets. I don't know if they have enough defensemen, but hey -- anything's possible! They're certainly due, after all!

Lindros, Fleury, and York show a lot of potential...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Of course, there are also the "Special Forces" Rangers of the US military. Every time they are mentioned on the news, I get a mental-picture of our B5 Rangers kicking bin-Laden's butt!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

A club of mine at school has already done so.

We have a rather large media room with a huge screen, and some of us from the English Society here on campus have already made plans to take it over the night Rangers airs, throw a big party, and watch the action unfold on the Big Screen.

smile.gif

It'll be fun, methinks!

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Hmmm... We've had visitors from
GVFX here before... Any of you around now, and feel like tackling some of the complaints in the review?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I recall, the review didn't say that the visuals looked bad, just that what was seen in the show looked different from what had previously been established in Babylon 5 (hyperspace FX and the like).

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
As I recall, the review didn't say that the visuals looked bad, just that what was seen in the show looked different from what had previously been established in Babylon 5 (hyperspace FX and the like).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm more interested in things looking visually interesting than exactly like they were before. The shots we've already seen do not look horribly out of place. B5 constantly tinkered with things to make them look better (the Whitestar bridge is a good example), and in the end, the new effects team is just going to have to figure out their own way of doing things.

And I note he also complained that the jumpgates looked different from B5... apparently unaware that he was about three years too late...

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back