• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

About that Halloween contest...

Ha, I also submitted mine. My English is not good enough to write professional stories, but we'll see. I am very curious what everyone else has written though...

Ciao,
GenevaRanger

Mine's in now. 749 words. *whew!*

Um, Antony: I just copy-and-pasted it right into the submission box. Is that ok? Or should we be e-mailing them?

--mcn

Hullo, I'm new here as well. I heartily enjoyed Babylon 5 (well, about three quarters of it) when it was on Channel Four. I was scared of joining any of these things though, largely due to a manic obsessive I shared a house with in second year of Uni. He loved B5 and spouted forth on it at any given moment, seeing I liked it too. Highly infuriating as he patently refused to have his horizons expanded. "Try this great band," I'd wheedle, "They're called 'Pulp'." Or I would attempt to change him with beer and dancing madly to Stone Roses, Talking Heads, Kate Bush or something. But no. He only wanted to watch his precious Fargate, Starscape and B5. The fool. Thus I was wary of the fan.

But then I stumbled upon this board looking for info on the DVD. And I saw the Halloween contest. And being in love with writing I couldn't resist. And now my post is entered (I pray) and I feel a little satisfied with it. Oh... and that Chenne or whatever her/his name is, good on you for loving to write! I'd like to read something by you sometime. I just wish I had more time to write. Instead I have to content myself with short short stories. Anyway, keep up the good work. Enjoy drink. Listen to Flaming Lips. Read the Don Camillo books, or failing that G.K Chesterton's 'Man Who Was Thursday'. Or anything by Neil Gaiman. Like Neverwhere. For example.

I'm off now. Bye.

(Board breathes audible sigh of relief)

P.S: I HATE emoticons.

Oh, God, G.K. Chesterton is just... SO AMAZINGLY AMAZING.

Please say you like Wodehouse, NervousPete.

I'd better like to write. I do it for a living. I don't put my "real" fiction on the Internet, but if you want to read something by me, check the thread "Rangers Redux" in this forum. Only fanfic I've ever written.

We're glad you're here, and good luck with the contest! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Stick around. We're a LOVELY bunch.

Hi NervousPete. Don't run off, hang around... we're a good, insane bunch.

The entries to the compo have certianly increased, and they're a fun read. Mixed... from very serious, to light at heart. Which is exactly what I urged people to do, so it's cool. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gah, I totally screwed up this contest. I wrote this whole mood piece story, but of course that type of tale requires much descriptive verbage, so I had to hack it up. The end result is still a little over 750, but it was too late to think of a whole new story. Oh well. I look forward to reading everybody's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back