• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Narn in this series

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by QallIsaac:
Its been fun reading your input here and hopefully we can keep both threads going on and on. I don't know what my take it on the Gus L-Y-nch thing. Sometimes it seems that he is the real mckoy and sometimes he really does seem like someone just playing around. I have another point though that might suggest that he really is "A" Gus Lynch playing Tirk. Nobody knows Gus Lynch. If he's not the real thing, why the hell would he decide to pretend to be Gus Lynch??? That's kind of like if I decided to get on the messege boards pretending to be Brian, my next door neighbor.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey my name is Brian, Isaac's next door
neighbor, and it is my understanding that
he is talking about me on this board.

Okay, okay. I am not Brian. But I
could not help myself....

If Gus Lynch is not that Gus Lynch we
will probably know about it soon. But
if I was a betting man, I would say that
he is. Would really be
funny is that if he was a Gus Lynch, but
not that Gus Lynch. In any event, Gus, you
are a welcome addition to the board.
If you are the actor, it is wonderful to
get a non-JMS perspective on the project.
And if you are not actor, then I have to
say that you have used your nom de
plume
with more skill and humor than
the vast majority of Internet
"imposters."

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Loonch:
*Ahem*......That's LYNCH, Not LUNCH.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to turn your attention to the y-key, the u-key, and their relative proximity on the input device commonly referred to as a keyboard.

Thankyewverymuch.

That is all.

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited May 27, 2001).]

Hmmm. This started out as a Narn topic and ended up a Drazi topic.

I'll just keep on keepin on.

My own take on the Drazi is that they are one of the Shadow's successes. Their method of holding an "election" (Purple^Green) cetainly fits well within the Shadow philosophy of creating periodic Chaos in order to grow stronger. As a fairly young race, they weren't ready to declare that fact to their enemies, but a number of things tend to point that way. The Shadow controllers they had, for instance. The story _Said_ they got them off a disabled Centauri warship, but would the Drakh have allowed them to get away with the controllers unless they saw an ally?

For that matter, there were an awful Lot of those controllers in that room. Yet, the dialog said you only needed a few to control an entire ship. So, unless the Drazi had been destroying entire Fleets of Centauri ships, they've got another source.

If the Shadows WERE guiding Drazi development, only a few would know. The rest would be just like any other race. Good guys, bad guys, lots of people just hoping to get home in time for dinner.

This could have some interesting influences on a Drazi ranger. He'd (or she if they decided to recruit a Female Drazi later) be used to dealing in chaotic situations, since their entire political structure is based on Chaos.

And, how about if a Drazi ranger were to discover that his govt is dealing with the Drakh ??

One point to remember here too, a Ranger would take an oath to deal fairly and give his First Loyalty to the Rangers and teh Alliance. So, conflicts between loyalty to that oath and whatever Patiotism he might still have would be interesting.

Lots of possibilities.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
For that matter, there were an awful Lot of those controllers in that room. Yet, the dialog said you only needed a few to control an entire ship. So, unless the Drazi had been destroying entire Fleets of Centauri ships, they've got another source.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Didn't Vir mention that that was precisely what the Drazi were doing?

(And I'd think that every fighter would have a control device too.)

BTW everyone, a picture of the actress who will be playing Na'Feel is now at the cast and crew page... go check it out: http://www.b5lr.com/castandcrew.html

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

My, my... this thread has certainly caught my interest. I just love the narn people, and the thought of possibly having a female narn regular is exciting to me. I like how tough they are, but also spiritual. They've been forced to become militaristic and yet are still searching for their inner soul.

And the Drazi! They are very endearing. I enjoyed the trips to the Drazi homeworld in B5, it's nice to get a little more insight into their way of life. I must admit I chuckle a little at the thought of a Drazi going through a meditation or laughter class.
They seem to view things quite literally and in absolutes.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back