• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Means to an End (yep, spoilers)

Recoil

Regular
I dont know if this is an arc episode or not. We all know that its the episode before the 2 part finale, and sure there are some important internal poiltics taking place in this one, but it really doesnt move along the whole VS/Big Death arc.

That being said, I think this was the best non-arc episode of the year. I liked it a lot, in fact Im having a hard time thinking of something I didnt like about it. Also Mike Vejar directed, and did a great job (unlike the directing in Moon in Gemini that everyone complained about) as expected from the old B5 veteran.

Theo. You gotta love Theo. Funny though, in the pilot you hated her. Her character does have character, and it was neat seeing her caught in the middle of everything. Funny that the whole series she wanted into Thunder Mountain, and at the end of the episode, she just wanted to get the hell out. The bathroom scene was pretty funny too. Perhaps a bit overdone, but the idea and background music did make me smile when it started.

Kurdy and Jeremiah has some great chemistry in this episode as well. The dialogue bounced between them rather well.

I liked the character of Andrew a lot too. Started out being what seemed as a snake in the grass, but really shined at the end. Marcus's comment as he was leaving the council room was well placed too. I think they did a good, realistic portrayl of those two brothers and how they were simply acting out of fear.

Lee was kind of interesting in that he wasnt interesting in the episode. He really just kind of lurked there in the background and was totally non-committal. I think we all know there is already something hes hiding and his actions in the episode tonight were decidedly odd.

I think this episode was a great segway into the finale though. Airing those internal problems, and Marcus taking big steps forward was well timed.

*** teaser alert ***

Speaking of the finale, did anyone notice in the teaser trailer for it, the hooded guy when the narrator was saying that Jeremiah and Kurdy were seeking the second coming of the Big Death. That was the same hooded kind of guy that was in "Journey's End in Lover's Meeting." The ones we all wondered what they really were. They described themselves as mourning the old world or something like that. Yessiree, things are going to be festive next week.

You were right in the other thread. It wasnt a JMS episode, but it was written like one :).

Anyway yeah those hooded guys in the trailer reminded me of the guys from "JEILM"

Also on sho.com they have 2 clips from next weeks episode. But also if you screw around with the URL you can get 2 clips from Part 2 of Things left unsaid at

Clip #1

and

Clip #2

I read the showtime mini synopsis for the next two so I dont want to spoil anything for anyone so ill shut up now :)

[edit] Don't paste in long URLs ... use the URL tag instead --Lyta[/edit]

I dont watch the clips on Sho.com because I dont feel like paying for RealPlayer, or getting that damned demo.

Oooh, you folks have hit it right on the head. Start making those connections.

As for the episode, it was written by Jeremiah co-producer Sara Barnes (and was there a Katz credit on this one? I haven't seen it yet.) I loved her last script and can't wait for more!

Good question ... is it an arc episode or not? Probably not but it did have a lot of stuff that built on what we had seen already (Theo, the council, internal conflict, etc.).

Theo rocks! I also notice that they changed her last name. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Hmm, so people didn't like the directing in "Moon in Gemini"? I guess I just don't remember reading that. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Brad Turner also directed last week's ep, "Out of the Ashes" so did people notice the same directing style?

I wish Markus would get off his high horse sometimes. I am glad they called him on the fact that he has been making decisions without consulting the council. However, I had hoped he would admit he was wrong instead of having a tantrum and sulking.

As for the hooded guys we see in next week's clip, we have seen them from as early as the pilot. Remember the "monks" who were carrying a dead body that Simon stopped to take a look at? See these clues folks? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

PS: What is wrong with RealOne (AKA RealPlayer)? Ok, besides the damn popups but I think you can set your preferences to help fix that problem. There is a free version you know. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

PPS: I also liked the fact that the credits were not squished! Hopefully, they will do the same for the last two eps as well. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

One thread that is common with Theo: She has been in 3 shows and she had to go 2 times. Out of all the charaters in Jeremiah, she must have the smallest blatter /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The bathroom scene was pretty funny too. Perhaps a bit overdone

[/quote]

Cerberus

"I did not get up at the crack of sparrow-fart to be muzzled by you two?"

*laughs her damn-fool head off*

I can't wait to see this one. That line is pure genius!

Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color="yellow">I wish Markus would get off his high horse sometimes. I am glad they called him on the fact that he has been making decisions without consulting the council. However, I had hoped he would admit he was wrong instead of having a tantrum and sulking.</font color>

[/quote]
Not only did he not admit he was wrong, but when he was drunk and talking to Jeremiah, he said "I am righter than they are."

I didnt notice the monks in ep 1, or remember them. I do think I am going to go back and re-read all the Jeremiah newsletters you have been sending before the finale though.

Check out the last two issues, in particular, for the "Facts and Rumors" sections. I spent a lot of time picking out the little details, and so far, I'm right.

I'm righter than they are... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Well, she is a tiny thing afterall and maybe it was all just a set up for the bathroom scene in this episode. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Yes, Channe ... Theo has some kick ass lines in this ep. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

If there is any justice in this world, Jeremiah will be renewed for a second season and Barnes will assume Egan's writing duties.

Barnes is a co-producer on the show. She already probably has quite a list of things to do. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

All told, I loved this episode. The writing was fantastically incisive. There was no bad pontification. It was CHOCK-FULL of character. And, boy, for our first REAL introduction to the Council, it was great.

More like this and I will be a Very Happy Fan.

Is it me or is Theo getting to be more and more Theo-like, to the point of silliness sometimes?

If I were Markus, I would try to talk to the people that currently fun Clairfield first.

All-in-all a decent episode. I like the fact that Markus' opponent wasn't a complete dickhead.

I want to see more of the old broad in the glass. She's hot and has a sexy voice.

Now, you may all marvel at the fact that I got to see this episode before the weekend was over.

Originally posted by GKarsEye:
<font color="yellow">Is it me or is Theo getting to be more and more Theo-like</font color>

[/quote]
...and in the dictionary under "redundant" it says: "see redundant" /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Markus probably has his reasons. There might have not been enough time to show how the people in Clairfield are getting fed up with the new guy and want Theo back, 'cause at least Theo made sure they were all safe and sound...

...like they said, Theo is smart.

And you pick your battles.

Yeah, I'm stretching.

I like the way Theo is very Theo-like. I don't think it's redundant at all, because I know people who are constantly like that. In real life. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Point taken.

What I meant is that she is highlighting her sass-talkin' tough bitch thing a lot more now. Everything she is says is like some gangsta-bitch word-up thing out of a Salt 'N' Peppa album. It's like no one can have a normal conversation with her.

this very good episode..not the best of them, but above average episode /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

first half of the episode was horrible /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ...acting was bad and worst..script was out of place /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

but last half of epsiode was very good...Markus actor is clearly worst actor in this cast but here he did quite a good job...script was very good in the last half of episode /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

overall: not as good as Tripwire but good epsiode /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Sigma

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back