• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A *Good* Rangers Review!

gkarfan

Beyond the rim
Dylan, you'll like this--they said the Rangers pilot was better than the Enterprise pilot!
smile.gif
Rangers Review

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Hehe, I may be going out on a limb here but a review from sci-fi channel about one of it's own movies just seems slightly biased.
smile.gif
Maybe it is on the money with the majority of opinions, we'll have to wait I guess. *crosses fingers while biting thumb at UK tv guide*
laugh.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

Substance, substance! Oh, joy! Oh, rapture! God, I love substance.

I swear, nothing but divine intervention (or notification that I got my grant) will keep me from my television on Saturday. I don't care if they crown me Queen of England, hand me an Oscar, or give me a Pulitzer.

The good vibes are quite strong from that review, even though it's sci-fi's own show.

If there's one thing that really, really strikes me, it's the fact that they didn't criticize the writing, the characterization, or the STORY.

Only some of the effects.

Yay!

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Dark Lord...
I actually don't think SciFi Weekly has connections of that sort with SciFi Channel. I read at one point that they are completely independent except for the "web hosting" aspect. Now SciFi magazine is a different story, but SciFi weekly is its own baby. Nonetheless, I am thrilled with the review and can't wait to see the movie (like all of us)

------------------

SFW has been critical of SFC series & films before. I can't remember any specific examples at the moment, but I hope one of the things they hated was Black Scorpion--yecchhh!
tongue.gif

Tammy

------------------

"In here!"

Tammy's Station

A good review, but I'm surprised she didn't put in a SPOILERS warning. By now we all have so many details that I fear we may be a bit disappointed because of that lack of total surprise.
crazy.gif

I'll be sitting at my computer waiting to read the raft of comments that start to appear as soon as it is over. For those who of us who won't be able to see the movie I would like to suggest that the whole thread be headed with SPOILERS in the title.
shocked.gif

I'll read it anyway, though.
lol.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dekion:
Dark Lord...
I actually don't think SciFi Weekly has connections of that sort with SciFi Channel. I read at one point that they are completely independent except for the "web hosting" aspect. Now SciFi magazine is a different story, but SciFi weekly is its own baby. Nonetheless, I am thrilled with the review and can't wait to see the movie (like all of us)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps so, but this review is by the same writer (Melissa Perenson) who did the feature in Sci Fi magazine, so I think there may be some crosspollination.

Nonetheless, I'm also happy to see the review, and looking forward to seeing the movie more and more.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Hey, Dylan, apparently you have "boyish good looks." Is that a good thing?
smile.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Tammy, you emphasise "good" like there's no good reviews about.
smile.gif
I think mine was positive.

That reviewer and I said a few similar things, most notably about Alex not getting enough to do.

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

Excellent review, thanks for the link....

--------------------------------------
"If you want to make us stronger, attack and we unite."
Adam Mayblum, WTC Survivor

------------------
"Faith Manages"

Oh good IM so glad LOTRangers is sooooo good. The last review I read of it wasnt that positive sounding.
Thats the last time I visit Aint it cool news
lol.gif

------------------
-some must be sacrificed for all to be saved-

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dekion:
Dark Lord- or whoever that was- SciFi weekly bashed Epoch, which was a scifi original.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They didn't pull any punches in their review of the Babylon 5 DVD either. For that link see...
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000803.html

...in the Babylon 5 forum.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 15, 2002).]

Sorry, Antony!
smile.gif
I only emphasized the word "good" because of that Aint-it-Cool-News review, & also because I'm sure that many of us are nervous about the reviews to come (I know I am). Nothing to do with your great review, Antony!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"In here!"

Tammy's Station

Back