• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A few words from your weapons officer

KoshN

Super Moderator
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elenopa:
Yo! Well said Myriam.
laugh.gif

I really hate people who point out what the worst thing is about anything all the time. I have a friend like that and boy is it depressing
mad.gif

I've given up asking him what he thinks of anything because I know I'll get a negative.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...or people who always start off a conversation with "Do you know what I hate about..."

I always want to say "No, but I'm sure you'll tell me."

On a positive note, check out what Sci-Fi is doing to solicit grassroots support from the fans for the B5:LotR movie. I've only been asking them to do this since March.
http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000384.html

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Then there are those who sit back, do nothing, risk nothing and then give deconstructive criticism to those who do.

....yes...I think I've heard of those types...Movie Critics I think they're called.

Maybe I'm real far off here...
But I see these little bastards that go to film school and take writing classes (not everybody)...and they get out and end up not getting to direct/produce/star in their very own scripted super sci-fi nerd -ball fantasy film teeming with dragons and swords and what not...

Eventually they get very angry and end up being the "internet movie critic". These little shits just love to tear EVERYTHING apart....just to make themselves feel better. Then after they post they sit back twiddling their fat little fingers with a big smile on their cheese puff covered face and gloat to themselves about how great they are and how they really are a genius working at pizza hut...but nobody ever gave them a chance...poor bastards...

Anyway...I'm a huge B5 fan...I just can't freakin understand the anger and freakin insanity these nerd fanboy film director wannabes show...I want the show to succeed...hell, it would be great to waste an hour every week watching something reall cool and entertaining...but if not..oh well..Im' not gonna go lynch some poor trekkies...their life is tough enough as it is.

Ok...I think I've totally lost my point here...if I ever had one to begin with...oh well then...

Oh right..be positive....try hard..and you'll always succeed to some degree.

By the way...weapons officer....that flying around thing you do seems like a real inventive way of shootin'....more effective than a joystick on the control panel. I like it.

WHOO HA.

ok..later

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sven Foriegner (edited October 17, 2001).]

I'm the third type. I like being inspired and uplifted by those who dare to try. I ignore the type who do nothing and give deconstructive criticism. I guess you could call the third type a Science Fiction Fan.
laugh.gif

------------------

ok..maybe...just maybe..what i just said was a bit harsh...just alittle.

well...hmmm...just alittle bit.

It seems so much meaner reading it than when i was typing it.

ps..I bet kitaro is just banging his head against the wall wondering why he doesn't have a cool b/w pic like the rest of the cast..

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sven Foriegner (edited October 17, 2001).]

Sven-

A lot of times, these people fall, and fall hard because they think they're going to change the face of writing/filmmaking just by the nature of them being themselves. To run the risk of being egotistical, these people probably never went through a rigorous writing program, or film program, or gone to market their work in a competitive magazine or festival or anything that required them to *work.* They've probably never been critiqued badly themselves. They've probably never had someone waving their work in their face complaining about how "this drivel is unpublishable, fix it and then we'll talk."

I can always tell the difference between someone who thinks he can get off on the virtue of his own talent and someone who's taken the hours and hours it needs to craft something into perfection.

In the end, both fall, and fall hard. But it's the latter crowd who are able to clamber up again and keep on truckin'.

------------------
Channe, the pseudo-Ranger, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.
--
"Foreshadowing! Your key to quality literature!" -Berkeley Breathed

I've generally made some people around here mad these past few days because I've been playing Devil's Advocate. If so, I apologize, and this is my final word on the subject:

I would like nothing more than to sit down every Friday, flip on my television and watch Sarah fly about the weapons bay (yay, creativity!), Malcolm do his infiltration thing and the Liandra blow our minds to bits.

We -have- waited a long time, and waited through insane amounts of horribly inane television to be finally given B5LR, which promises to be a pretty darn good show. I never meant to be negative. It's just that we fans are all Zathras Brothers when it comes to B5 lately - "Zathras can never have anything nice..." (cancelling of Crusade, DVD release fiasco... why the only thing good to happen to us since 1998 is Sci-Fi's support of the show.)

In the end - bah - reviews be damned. Unless they come from somebody qualified to do them.

------------------
Channe, the pseudo-Ranger, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.
--

I'm too ugly to have my photo by my message board name...Thank god for that...

I dislike looking at photos of myself!

Like Dylan said...all he is doing is figuring out how to get rid of that photo which is posted by his name...

Whew! I am relieved that I don't have to deal with that one...

-Warren- "Kit"
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
I'm too ugly to have my photo by my message board name...Thank god for that...

I dislike looking at photos of myself!

Like Dylan said...all he is doing is figuring out how to get rid of that photo which is posted by his name...

Whew! I am relieved that I don't have to deal with that one...

-Warren- "Kit"
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhh! Antony will hear you!
tongue.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Oh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhit...

Shhhhhhhhhhh...I hear something!

(Whispers) Thanks for the note Tachidave...

Ten Zulu out...
laugh.gif
-Warren-

------------------

C'mon, Warren, you're not -that- bad looking, or you wouldn't be on TV...

...ok, ok, I'm jaded.
smile.gif

------------------
--
--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sven Foriegner:
ok..maybe...just maybe..what i just said was a bit harsh...just alittle.

well...hmmm...just alittle bit.

It seems so much meaner reading it than when i was typing it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A lot of people here are beginning to sound like Garibaldi.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
ps..I bet kitaro is just banging his head against the wall wondering why he doesn't have a cool b/w pic like the rest of the cast..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, he could talk to Antony.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

We could solve Dylan's problem by giving his picture to Warren. Then Warren can deal with looking like a egomaniacal male model.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Never argue with an
idiot. They will drag you
down to their level and
then beat you with
experience.
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from Kier Darby @ vBulletin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delenn_is_a_hotty:
We could solve Dylan's problem by giving his picture to Warren. Then Warren can deal with looking like a egomaniacal male model.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you imagine the massive confusion that would cause when Newbies flood the board after LoTR??

Let's do it.
tongue.gif

------------------
"I usually think about you in summer."
"I think about you in the fall."
"We never could agree on anything."

Alternatives to having a picture of your self are a picture of the ship or the symbol of the show or a prop like the pike.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

When I first got online, I couldn't believe all the negativity towards B5, especially from some Trek fans. The AICN review seems to be part of it. Why do they continue to do this? It's stupid & pointless.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

To channe...you make alot of sense...you put it much more eloquently (if that's how you spell it) than me..after all... I'm not the best writer...hell..I'm not a writer at all.

And as for those cast pics...Dylan's makes him look like a sailor....that's better than an egotistical actor....or maybe not.
laugh.gif

------------------

Thanks, Sven. What you said really lifted my spirits - I'm having a severe case of block, here... good luck with everything
smile.gif

------------------
--
--

Hi there everyone, Oh Boy! Is this board buzzing!

I have been thoughtfully reading all of your posts and I have to say that I am glad that most of you share my opinion regarding reviews.

There is much I could say on the subject but I won't. I will however say this...

There are really two types of people in this world. There are those who get up everyday, step out of their house and actually attempt to do, to be, to create. They put themselves out there, knowing full well they may be criticized or judged. They uplift and inspire because they dare to try anyway.

Then there are those who sit back, do nothing, risk nothing and then give deconstructive criticism to those who do.

Let's all keep things in perspective right now. No matter what anyone thinks, we should all be proud of ourselves for being among the ones who TRY...

Thank you again to everyone for your continued support. I send you all my best wishes.
Myriam
smile.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back