• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Dream

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I had the most wonderful dream last night. SciFi had accepted Rangers and 2 episodes were being made at the moment. But then I woke up and reality came crashing down on me. Damn you SciFi! It's really bad when you start dreaming about Rangers, I think I'm in denial or something.

Maybe Bonnie Hammer had the same dream and she'll wake up thinking she gave the go ahead for the series...

I actually kind of thought in the beginning of all of this that Bonnie Hammer was a supporter of the Rangers project. She did allow her car to be wrapped and all that.

I agree with others who say don't be too hard on Sci-Fi. Maybe they'll change later down the line and get back into better Sci-Fi (and away from horror and such).

I just hope their ratings are bad enough to make them reconsider their entire new programming. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

You can be a supporter all you want of a program, but if you're an exec, your job is to make your channel money, and if that program *looks* like it isn't going to make you money, you can't give the go-order.

Three weeks ago I had a dream in which I was hired as a story editor for Rangers, only it was taking place at one of the theaters I've stage-managed. I spent the entire time running copies of the script (on goldenrod paper) between Dylan Neal, who didn't look like Dylan Neal and who was playing Bester yet knew with that dreamlike certainity that he was indeed Dylan Neal, and a dark man in shadows who was a character out of a dream a couple nights before (where I was playing James Bond).

It was wierd.

I don't understand the decision of SciFi to play less scifi shows and series and go toward fantasy and horror when the name of the channel is SCI-FI! When that's the name of the channel, the shows have to reflect that, yes? Its not like there isn't loyal fans of that genre of programming. If they want to put on the air fantasy and horror programs, in which there are also fans, why don't they try to open a new channel just for those shows? And if it goes well they'll make twice the money than with only one channel.

I don't know if this makes any sense, I don't know anything about this sort of thing, but that's my idea.

I usually don't remember my dreams at all, but the ones I do remember have never been about any sort of tv program.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> I usually don't remember my dreams at all, but the ones I do remember have never been about any sort of tv program. <hr></blockquote>

Then why did you say that you had the most wonderful dream about rangers/sci-fi last night?

LOL! I know what you're thinking, PsionTen! Channe has gone off the deep end! But, no.

My dreams are usually directly related to what I'm most worried about in my life. Right now, that's finding a job in writing (preferably, one I'd really enjoy). I'm worried about having to pull off a pointless retail job when I don't have one. With my health insurance running out the door in two weeks... well, go extrapolate.

I still haven't a clue what the hell the people were doing there, though, besides the context...

This is the first time my dreams have been about TV shows in a while. When I was really little, I dreamed I was dating Wesley Crusher.

Sorry, I meant other than Rangers, which was the first time I dreamed of a tv show.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PsionTen:
<font color=yellow>Just out of curiosity, do you guys dream about other tv shows as well?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

With as much as I'm into all things B5, I'm surprised that I don't dream about it /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>When I was really little, I dreamed I was dating Wesley Crusher.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Whooaa..

That sounds like a nightmare to me!

But then again, I'm a guy, and I dont really understand those things.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PsionTen:
<font color=yellow>Just out of curiosity, do you guys dream about other tv shows as well?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I usually dream very vivid dreams were I'm up in the middle of some kind of hard struggel over something.

And I always win! (or at least get a draw, I never lose in my dreams..) /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

A few weaks ago I saw all of Neon Genesis Evangelion in one long Marathon viewing. That night I dreamt that I was piloting an Eva fighting against wierd creatures. You that have seen Evangelion know that it is a very emotional show, and emotional stuff always grab onto ones memory much better. So it wasn't really such a big surprise.

By the way. In my dreams I can often change my surroundings and what is happening in the dream by force of my will. Almost like a bit of magic. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I can fly if I want to etc... Sleeping is fuN! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Can anyone else out there do the same? Control your dreams?

/Com

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> I dreamed I was dating Wesley Crusher. <hr></blockquote>

Damn Channe, you were my favorite mod before I read that. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

But I know what you mean. For most of my life, I've had this reoccurring dream where I'm late for a test and I show up right as its over. Funny thing is that I still have it and I haven't seen the inside of a classroom in years.

At least you never dreamed that you were one of the Superfriends battling the Legion of Doom in your underwear.

Well, Psion, I was eight or nine, so all "dating" required was stuffing worms down his shirt or doing something icky like that.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I was eight or nine, so all "dating" required was stuffing worms down his shirt or doing something icky like that. <hr></blockquote>

You were eight during the Wesley Crusher years? Now I feel old.

I don't generally remember my dreams, and they rarely involve television shows, or if they do, it's in a really weird way.

I do, however, daydream a great deal. And after seeing the telemovie, I went on a spell of daydreaming possible plot lines and character developments.

Admiral Dave

i dreamnt i was a jedi a week or so ago... and i had to protect someone from an evil sith! who this person was and their relationship to me, however, is another matter /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

although thats actually the only dream i've ever had that had to do with any movie/tv show... and that was only 'cause i've been playing JK2 so much /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

<font color=yellow>Well, Psion, I was eight or nine, so all "dating" required was stuffing worms down his shirt or doing something icky like that.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Eight or Nine!?!? /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

How old are you really??
(I know you are never supposed to ask a lady about her age, but hey, I'm just a rude Swede.. ) /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

/Com

Let's see... TNG came out in 1987, right? Yup. I literally grew up on TNG.

I'm in my early-to-mid twenties. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

How old did you think I was?

<font color=yellow>I'm in my early-to-mid twenties. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

How old did you think I was?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

So lets say that you were eight 1987 that makes you born 1979, and you about 23 years old. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I actually thought you were a bit older, like 28, 30 something. Since I had noticed a certain level of maturity in your posts. Take that as a compliment! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

And if you are 23, that means that I am older than you. An entire year!!! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

/Com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back