• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A big invitation Down Under

EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT: Dean Marshall Declared Official Ladykiller!

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

*laughs with Channe* He has a way, doesn't he! *sigh*

Zoriah, and any other woman out there... I don't know if you're interested but there is a book written by a very well known actress - Carrie Fisher (yep, THAT Carrie Fisher) that sort of relates to our on again off again topic of conversation.

It's a great read no matter what!

"Postcards from the Edge". I might be biased though, I grew up with Princess Leia!

------------------
Sarah Cantrell: "Today is a good day to die."
David Martel: "Oh for you any day is a good day to die!"

[This message has been edited by SataiDelenn (edited November 08, 2001).]

What... no one else grew up watching "Star Wars"!
frown.gif

Mention it once and they all abandon you!

crazy.gif
Okay, I'm pathetic... I'm going back to the Rangers board now!

*skips merrily away*

------------------
Captain Sheridan's Lincoln Quote: "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occassion is piled high with difficulty and we must rise to the occassion. We cannot escape history, we will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honour or dishonour, to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last best hope of Earth."

I grew up watching TNG. Star Wars was a side dish for me. I remember, at a fairly early age, looking at Leia in "Jedi" and saying something to the effect of, "Mom, why do they put her in metal underwear? It looks so uncomfy!"

And thus began my career as a feminist.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Well for me Star Wars marked the beginning of my love for sci-fi.

When I was in primary school I thought I WAS Princess Leia. I had the braids and would insist on my mother arranging them in Leia fashion every day. My close group of friends would act out scenes in the playground, and I always insisted on playing her. I had that "Darth Vader, I should have known it was you..." speech nailed.

I look back on it now and am sorry for my friend Rachelle who always got lumped with R2D2
laugh.gif

Of course this was after my Charlies Angels phase where I though I WAS Sabrina hehe.

------------------

Zoriah! *laughs* ME TOO! I had the same speech down perfect, inflection and all!

My mum had this long white evening gown I used to sneak into when ever she went out, and I'd walk around my house when everyone was gone re-enacting scenes from Star Wars.

I didn't go there with the hair though... I don't think my mother would ever have let me!

Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica were my introductions into Science Fiction and my love for both shows has never dwindled. I swear if I sign another online petition to save the current BSG production my fingers will drop off!

Channe, I remember thinking... "Gee... that MUST be cold!!" She looked fantastic in them though! You can tell the script was written by a man! :rollseyes:

------------------
Captain Sheridan's Lincoln Quote: "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occassion is piled high with difficulty and we must rise to the occassion. We cannot escape history, we will be remembered in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honour or dishonour, to the last generation. We shall nobly save or meanly lose our last best hope of Earth."

[This message has been edited by SataiDelenn (edited November 17, 2001).]

Star Wars was probably the first sci-fi show I enjoyed. I think I saw Star Trek: TOS but it only fascinated me because I was about 4-5 years old without any clue to quality science fiction.

Babylon 5 was the first series I ever followed and consequently loved. I have never watched an entire show before. For B5, I've watched nearly all the episodes save many season 5 one which I hate because of the telepath situation.

B5 rulz!!! Buffy and Angel Rulz too!!!

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

I was just thinking, I don't know that I ever didn't like Sci-fi! As a kid, I watched Battlestar Galatica and Star Trek with my Dad (BG looks so cheesy now, though.)

Admiral Dave

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AngelSummers:

For B5, I've watched nearly all the episodes save many season 5 one which I hate because of the telepath situation.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually liked allot of season 5 however i agree with the telepath situation I diliked that allot... But the telepths weren't the only thing going on and they were not in every episode they featured heavily in teh first half of season sure.

The thing i really liked about season 5 was the whole Drakh, Londo and Centauri Prime thing.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Oh, it was definitely the fifth season that hooked me. I watched disinterestedly through the final telepath situation, but the Centauri Prime war really, really, got me where it counts...

...and I haven't been the same since.

Hmm... JMS has done strange things to my life!
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

strange things.... *cough* it's why we're here, nuff said!!!

*sigh* I'm terribly boring - I had a friend who sat me down and made me watch B5 in perfect order, and thus I got hooked from season one onwards.... I can't even remeber when I started watching sci fi, or what my first show was. All I know is that I was interested in it for long before I actually watched any, cause I didn't have a tv or video for most of my child hood, and had to put up with what my friends showed me (poor deprived me
frown.gif
)
tongue.gif

------------------
I have not lost my mind... it's backed up on disk somewhere!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back