• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24: Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Yea I am finding this season kind of hard to swallow/believe myself. I mean, how does a huge freakin semi thats hauling a warhead "vanish"...somewhere between Illinois and Iowa? I live in Illinois, this part of the country is one of the FLATTEST parts in the whole U.S. A semi wouldnt be that hard to find given they knew where it was.

Not to mention, they picked up that terrorist guy in his tiny Lexus and the guy said he wasnt even travelling back roads. You mean to tell me they couldnt find an 18-wheeler in Iowa? Yea....right...

From Marwan's Houdini escapes in the middle of the desert to their ease at taking an armed secure convoy travelling through the plains of the midwest, I think they have really gone beyond the realm of belief. Not to mention GKE's point abou the whole plot:

Blow up a train to distract so they can kidnap the Sec of Defense, so they can hold a trail which will distract the fact that they put code on the Internet to meltdown reactors, all of which will put the President into the Air in Airforce One, so they can shoot it down, but they are only shooting it down to get the "football" of codes so they can hijack a convoy.

Yea....little nutty. The first 3 seasons were well put together. This one is really starting to fall to the wayside for me.

I was wondering about the warhead too .. mostly about .. it took Marwan what, 5 minutes to get his killer hitsquad to a random location in the middle of nowhere? God this guy must have a lot of men. Can't see why he would still need a warhead.

It seems that I have to suspend my disbelief more with each new season of 24. I've had a few complaints with this season and I think all of them have been mentioned. The "hourlies" or whatever they call them; the one that had the police report of the missing Air Force pilot. I mean come on, some one made that report and you're telling me that it wasnt passed on to the guy's base? If he was missing wouldnt they have called there first asking for him and therefore putting some sort of alert at the base?

This last episode drove me nuts mainly because of Edgar. He was getting on my nerves so much I was wishing someone would just punch him or fire him. I keep thinking he is going to screw up something really major down the road, he seems to keep losing focus on his job.

I do have to admit, the look on the prisoner's face when they were going to let him go was priceless. He knew he wasnt going to live long once turned loose.

I can't believe it! Marwan escaped again! He's the most elusive villian ever. CTU may as well give up trying to get him. It's a lost cause.

I have a feeling Chloe will end up being the best field agent CTU has ever had, beating out Chase and Jack. She handled that gun nicely, and she got to that house in three or four minutes. She's not only as deadly as Jack, she has the quickness of the Flash.

Logan is dumb. How he ended up being Keeler's running-mate is beyond me. Maybe they'll end up swearing Palmer back in.

A step up from last week's episode, but not much.

This season started strong, but is getting weaker and weaker by the episode. They are really starting to defy belief. The whole thing about Jack being arrested was contrived just so Marwan could escape again. Pretty weak. The agent, in full uniform, just happens to start to sneak behind a car, just as a cab pulls up, and it happens in the 2 seconds Marwan's guy just happens to be looking out that window?

Yea...could happen...

At least this time Marwan had a somewhat reasonable method of escape, unlike the first time he walked out of a warehouse and the second time he outran a helicopter in the desert. Otherwise, I had vowed to stop watching.

Anyone notice out own Matt Stoner (Keith Szarabajka) as yet another evil white mercenary? I think they bring these guys in just to quiet down the Arab groups who hate this show.
"Fair and Balanced", and all.....

Oh, and way to go Chloe.

Finally, Marwan doesn't escape. I swore that if he escaped again I would quit watching the show. The guy from the Chinese Consulate came and left pretty quickly and put the pieces together even faster. Now we have a missle launch and it looks like more people are going to die. The last couple episodes look like they'll be pretty good.

Spoilers for next week from last week's previews:

It looks like my suspicion from earlier in the season was correct: Heller's son is involved. The hippie anti-American government smelly liberal son is in league with terrorists!

Michelle says "I can't spend another day without you. I'll leave CTU to be with you."

In my brain I hear: "Tony, here is the 'Dead Meat' to hang around your neck."

(The above is purely my speculation based on past track record. When it comes to spoilers, I don't even watch the "Next week on ...." teasers.)

Oh yeah, Tony's gonna die. Or, if not, they'll both retire and it'll be a way for the show to clean house again for season 5.

And noone here has complained yet that Marwan got away .. again? :D

And yeah .. silly Michelle. She SO jinxed it :D .. though I'm not sure if Tony will die or if they will survive and retire. Might be the final twist for the "personal" stories that Jack and Audrey end up together after all but Tony and Michelle not I guess.

And noone here has complained yet that Marwan got away .. again?

I'm so sick of Marwan and his constant escapes. Not to worry though as he'll probably die next week.

For whatever reason I thought that Mandy would come back into the fold. She was there in the first season and tried to kill Palmer at the end of the second and then disappeared for a while. Maybe this time we'll find out a ltitle more about her and why she's a terrorist.

I think Tony will end up dying, just because of the way this season has played out with him and Michelle and especially her lines to him.

Why do I have this terrible feeling that Kim might show up in the season finale?

Finally saw this episode.

Yea, I see I wasn't the only one with the impression that they are setting up Tony to be a dead-man in a very cliche style.

"Tony, you have been running CTU all show, and Curtis has been in the field all day, but this ONE time we REALLY need Curtis here, so you go in the field" Shortly followed by "I can't live another day without you Tony" from Michelle. Then there was the literal "Kiss" of death. Followed by the equally cliched "Tony, be careful" with a nice cocky/confident smirk from him as he leaves the complex...to his doom.

Yep, dead man walking. And I also called that field support guy who has been there the whole show dying before the end too.

Now, on to the meat:

Yea I was glad to see that Many chick in there. She was in the opening scene of Season 1. She poisoned Palmer at the end of Season 2. I don't remember if she was in Season 3 or not. And now we see her at the end of Season 4. A few things about her:

1) I'd hit it. Several times.
2) I admit while I am curious to see what her motivations are, I am starting to get tired of her being in all these plots with absolutely ZERO background of backstory being given these last few seasons. Just like the voice at the other end of the line of Nina Meyer in Season 1 and the guy on the boat in Season 2. There is like, some group hinted at, but they never GO anywhere with it.

Just once I'd like them to dive into that aspect of the show that has been going on in the background. Who knows though. Looks like Mandy is in the thick of things now, so her time may be coming.

Did I say I'd hit it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back