• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 Season 4 Finale (Spoilers)

The final of 24 is being shown on BBC1 at 12.10 on Friday 19 August 2005. I do not know which series. Midnight is a little late.

The final of 24 is being shown on BBC1 at 12.10 on Friday 19 August 2005. I do not know which series. Midnight is a little late.

I have caught a few eps from S1 at that sort of time over the last few weeks, so I assume it will be that one.

I wonder if Fox rush out the DVDs in the UK because they have failed (or not tried) to get a terrestrial channel to show it since they fouled the BBC out of it after S2. It was a hit show on the BBC, with lots of coverage in the mainstream media, but its general media presence is much lower since it began to be shown exclusively on Sky as, presumably, are its viewing figures.

Perhaps the hope is that people will buy the DVDs, watch and enjoy the season and decide to sign up to Sky Digital before the next season is aired.

*editted to put right some really crappy English*

The DVD sets have always come out in August. The first two seasons were timed to be released a fortnight after the BBC showed the finales of those seasons. But you're right, it doesn't get the same exposure here in the UK now its gone to Sky.

The BBC have been repeating season 1, but still no sign of seasons 3 and 4. It really annoyed me when the Beeb lost the rights to 24. What do I pay my licence for?

Ah well, its better to watch them in one go on DVD rather than wait a week for each episode anyway.

Hi billy, long time no see.

I think I do vaguely remember Behrooz's "rescue" coming up. Wow, just goes to show you how litte anyone, including the writers, gave a damn about that kid. :LOL:

Best way for 24 to jump the shark- have Behrooz stick around and become the show's Wesley Crusher.

The DVD sets have always come out in August. The first two seasons were timed to be released a fortnight after the BBC showed the finales of those seasons. But you're right, it doesn't get the same exposure here in the UK now its gone to Sky.

Ah well, its better to watch them in one go on DVD rather than wait a week for each episode anyway.

The BBC are unlikely to bother getting the rights to seasons 3 and 4. Here is the "official" comment on why they pulled out of the race to show S3 in the first place:

After months of negotiations with Fox, the BBC has pulled out of the race to buy season three of 24.

It is thought that Fox were requesting better terms for the rights to screen the third series of the cult show, which stars Keifer Sutherland as an agent charged with protecting the President.

However, US audiences figures for season three are significantly down on season two. The combination of these factors has apparently resulted in the BBC pulling out of negotiations to show the series.

"After long and protracted negotiations we were unable to agree scheduling and timescales that met the needs of both parties," a BBC spokewoman announced today.

There was also a story at the time (though never officially confirmed) that tha "scheduling" issue mentioned here was that Fox was only prepared to let the BBC have the rights to S3 if they held off broadcast until 2005. Now, to me, that just sounds ludicrous, until I bear in mind that both Fox and Sky are part of Rupert Murdoch's empire. Paranoid, me ... :D

The BBC have been repeating season 1, but still no sign of seasons 3 and 4. It really annoyed me when the Beeb lost the rights to 24. What do I pay my licence for?

And many others would have been arguing that they objected to their licence fee being used to buy imported American dramas rather than pay for quality home-grown TV shows. Just one of those unsquareable circles I guess - although, for what it's worth, I'm with you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back