• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

05-06-05 Enterprise (Lead-in to Finale) SPOILERS

Re: 05-06-05 Enterprise (Lead-in to Finale) SPOILE

I thought it was announced repeatedly that there were no plans for now for any movie. What is the last ditch effort you refer to?

I'm tempted to say that "the last ditch" is where any more B&B Trek belongs, but, naaah... that's too easy a shot, so I won't say it. :D ;)

As to the baby, it seems that the Terra Prime people must have aquired the appropriate DNA, at very least. That should be easy, to get a few cells from T'Pol and Tucker. But, might they need gametes, not just cells, from each? And, they must have some procedure for getting the two VERY different organisms to join and be fertile. After all, Vulcans have green, copper based blood! I do hope we get some plausible explanations.

I thought it was pretty decent episode, missed the opening scene before the credits though.

Hyp, it's often repreated on Saturday night at 7pm in my area, so, if you can't watch Friday, and don't feel like taping, check the schedule to see if they repreat it Saturday in your area.

I, too am hoping it will have a plausible explanation for the baby.

The finale, Berman and/or Braga have been saying that, "Yes, they knew a few of the cast had some minor issues, but, they're surprised by the outrage, because none of them made a big deal about it. And, besides, none of them have seen the finished episode, so they can't be going off seeing the finished product"

It appears B&B took another leaf out of JMS book, as Troi and Ryker, are going to be like the Vorlon level Human in Deconstruction of Falling Stars, looking back on the Enterprise crew (or something similar).

The finale, Berman and/or Braga have been saying that, "Yes, they knew a few of the cast had some minor issues, but, they're surprised by the outrage, because none of them made a big deal about it. And, besides, none of them have seen the finished episode, so they can't be going off seeing the finished product"

These are the same two people who don't understand why the fans hate them so vehemently either. They simply don't get it. As to why actors on the set might not bitch, well, they where still working and under contract, so that would be like walking up to your boss and telling him/her they suck ass. As to their interpretations of how bad the episode will be...they did read the script and you can judge from that that it will suck if it's just plain B&B stupid shit...which is what I fully expect.

It appears B&B took another leaf out of JMS book, as Troi and Ryker, are going to be like the Vorlon level Human in Deconstruction of Falling Stars, looking back on the Enterprise crew (or something similar).

Yeah, and this doesn't sound like a lame way to send them off? Not to mention, once again B&B steal from JMS...go figure. :rolleyes:

Hyp, if you go to IMDB you will find a listing for a Star Trek XI film, with a script by Eric Jendrensohn (sp?) who co-wrote BAND OF BROTHERS and was hired to pen a new ST film script based on an (most likely lame) idea by B&B. There is no one attached that has ever been attached to anything TREK in the past except RB. It is supposedly a prequel that will have an entirely new cast and will tell part of the story that Coto wanted to tell with ENTERPRISE (in other words stolen again from someone with talent and ruined by RB).

From what I can tell from the way it's all coming together, it's not necessarily sanctioned by Paramount, but is something RB is trying to find support for in order to hold on to his waning power. I retain all hope that no one will put a dime into any Trek film that has RB attached and that Paramount has the good sense to let RB fade away into oblivion which is what he deserves.

CE

I was taken aback that this terrorist group could have a mining colony that was also a spaceship that could also land on a planet and do all this stuff on the moon, right in front of Starfleet's nose without anyone, especially section 31 knowing.

What is there to mine on the moon?

And yes, Merryweather's girlfriend drama subplot was about as sexy and romantic as an episode of Mr Rodgers.

I am assuming that the finale will have nothing to do with this story and will be something else entirely? If so, why show it on the same day?

CE, just in case you thought I was defending Berman/Braga, sorry, wasn't doing that at all. Contrary to that, I was showing the ridiculousness of Berman's statements I've read recently.

Careful GKE, there's a certain Pop star who's on trial right now, that I imagine found Mr. Rodger's show quite sexy. ;)

I thought that the episode was alright, but I have to get one thing off my chest...

Director: Ok, Peter, for this role you have to talk in constant monotone, and show no emotion or interest in what you are doing.

Peter Weller: Well, alright, but couldn't you have just gotten a crapy actor for that?

*sigh*

Good episode, but talk about wasted talent...

Dude, Peter Weller is always monotone like that. Why do you think he was cast as freakin' Robocop? For his singing voice?

Don't "Dude" me dude!

He didn't seem that way in Odyssey 5. And it wasn't the monotone that really bothered me so much as the total lack of emotion. I guess that's really the same thing. Ok, maybe he's always like that. Yea, never mind, that was kind of a stupid post. Just ignore me.

The monotone makes his character even more creepy. He already looks shady in that tailor-made suit and slick haircut. The voice just adds to it. He did escalate his voice at one point, when he was lecturing Trip and T'Pol. It was enough to make me go "yeesh, this guy's bad news."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back