• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

There's nothing left for me to watch

There\'s nothing left for me to watch

I downloaded and watched the Farscape finale, "Bad Timing", last night.
And now I find myself in unfamiliar territory. For the first time in 15 years,
I'm not watching any SF TV shows religiously.

No TNG.
No DS9.
No B5.
No X-Files.
No Farscape.
Not even a Quantum Leap or a Crusade.

I guess I'm going to have to find something else to do with my time
smile.gif

My word, did SF TV go downhill fast since its peak in the mid-late '90s!

Re: There\'s nothing left for me to watch

I'm afraid SF has gone downhill in the past few years, mainly I suspect because no one has put out a quality series. The Trek writers have run out new ideas so viewers turn it off more and more. When the producers/advertisers see this fall off, they don't want to put their money out on unproven shows/series. Thus, those with original ideas, like JMS and Polaris, don't get a chance to show what they have.

And so the world goes.....
frown.gif

I think it goes in cycles. Every few years there seems to be a drought and then a sudden spurt. I'm not sure what causes this but I'm in the same boat. However I haven't seen the last episode of farscape yet since it won't be on until this Friday.
frown.gif

Next season there won't be anything but Stargate SG-1 and the Dead Zone (is that sci fi?). Of course in all the mentioning of sci fi shows no one has mentioned the syndicated show called Star Hunter. They cancell great and fantastic sci fi but they keep crap like this on. It's using every cliche available. The main character (played by Micheal Pare whom I use to really love) is named Montana. What is it about naming male lead characters after states or cities?
tongue.gif

Yeah, Farscape is the last space-based SF show that I watch. Once gone, I'm down to Buffy, Angel and Dead Zone, of which one is also ending and Angel has a question mark in it's future. How the genre has fallen.

Admiral Dave

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Glacophane: </font color>
However I haven't seen the last episode of farscape yet since it won't be on until this Friday.
frown.gif
confused.gif
Today's 12-MAR-03.

14-MAR-03 8:00 PM FARSCAPE (LBX) WE'RE SO SCREWED -PT 3: LA BOMBA
14-MAR-03 12:00 AM FARSCAPE (LBX) WE'RE SO SCREWED -PT 3: LA BOMBA

21-MAR-03 8:00 PM FARSCAPE (LBX) BAD TIMING (SERIES FINALE)
21-MAR-03 12:00 AM FARSCAPE (LBX) BAD TIMING (SERIES FINALE)

For a second there, you had me thinking I frelled up my recordings and missed something.
shocked.gif

there is always andromeda

/me tries to stop laughing

ok ok, sorry you guys, didn't mean that.
well, i can watch stargate, better than nothing, its actually a ok when you get into it, though it in no way can match up with farscape or B5, but andromeda is just pure crap imho

What's really sad is that after Alias sky put on an ad for Mutant X, and I entertained the nothion that I might watch because it "looked like it migh have gotten better"
frown.gif

That's how desperate I'm becoming for good entertainment!

In terms of sci fi there isn't much left for me to watch but I do still have some shows that aren't in that category that I love to watch.
CSI
That 70's Show
The Simpsons
The George Lopez Show

Oh my frellin' god is that it? Seems like there was a time when I was taping 10 or more hours of tv a week.

There is no scifi in my schedule.

Tuesday - 8 simple rules, according to jim, and the 2 other shows after that on abc.
Wednesday - that 70's show
thursday - friends and scrubs (getting funnier and funnier)
Sunday - the whole Fox block.

That's all the new shows i watch. I get at least an hour and a half of seinfeld a day too. (i'm such a tool)

I am actually watching TV three hours a week! This is much more than in ages.
grin.gif

Mondays - V (which should be over in a couple of weeks though)
Tuesdays - Six Feet Under
Wednesdays - The Sopranos

I love Six Feet Under. It's about the only must see on my list. That and Jeremiah which starts today.

Dead Zone is starting soon. Is it any good? The preview dosn't look very interesting.

Other than the Simpsons, an occasional South Park episode and the History Channel, nothing.

I watch quite a bit of TV during the week.

Weekday mornings I watch news while getting ready for work.

Monday nights:
7pm - The Screen Savers (TechTV)
8pm - Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNN)
9pm - WWE RAW (TNN)
11pm - CSI (TNN)

Tuesday nights:
After that, it's up in the air. Tuesday nights suck for television.

Wednesday nights:
8pm - Enterprise (UPN)
After that, it's up in the air.

Thursday nights:
8pm - WWE SmackDown (UPN)
After that, it's up in the air.

Fridays-Sundays I'm usually not home at night, so not much TV watching there.

I freakin LIVE for those shows on History/Discovery/TLC/etc about ancient Egypt, especially the Pyramids of Giza. Zahi Hawass is THE MAN! It's hard to find someone who's so passionate about his job and enjoys teaching others about it.
smile.gif

I've been known to get suckered into an hour of Junkyard Wars before... pretty interesting show, makes you use your brain a bit.

I've also been known to sneak an occasional episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on FX, and I rarely miss Xena or La Femme Nikita on Oxygen. Three great shows with even greater character development. And I'm still surprised that there's actually something a straight guy might find worth watching on the Oxygen channel!
smile.gif

Sunday Nights:
8:30PM - Becker (CBS)
10PM - Dragnet (ABC), The Dead Zone (USA), Boomtown (NBC), Mail Call (HIST)
10:30PM Conquest (HIST)

Monday nights:
7PM-11PM - Stargate SG-1 (Sci-Fi)
8PM - Mail Call (HIST)
8:30PM - Conquest (HIST)
9PM - Stargate SG-1 (UPN)
11:05PM - CSI (TNN)

Tuesday nights:
8PM - Buffy The Vampire Slayer (UPN)
9PM - 24 (FOX)

Wednesday nights:
8PM - Enterprise (UPN)
9PM - Angel (WB), The Twilight Zone (UPN) rarely

Thursday nights:
9PM - CSI (CBS)

Friday nights:
7PM - The Dead Zone (if I missed an airing)
8PM - Farscape (Sci-Fi)
9PM - Stargate SG-1 (Sci-Fi), John Doe (FOX)

Saturday nights:
10PM - The Agency (CBS)
11PM - Red Green (PBS)

At least you find things to watch--I only seem to be watching DVDs these days.
frown.gif

What is "Red Green"?

Tammy

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by gkarfan: </font color>
At least you find things to watch--I only seem to be watching DVDs these days.

I have a difficult time keeping up with my shows.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by gkarfan: </font color>
What is "Red Green"?

An excellent, "men oriented" but tame, Canadian comedy show, now in it's 12th year.
The Red Green Show

Check out the airing of their movie:
"Red Green's Duct Tape Forever"
The Possum Lodge members enter a duct tape contest in order to win enough money to save the lodge from becoming town property.
Tomorrow (March 15), 10PM-12:30AM on PBS.

From the Red Green site (about the character Red Green):
Eventually Red left home to strike out on his own, which is pretty much what he did. He tried his hand at carpentry and welding and then, while that was healing , he tried his other hand at plumbing and electrical work. In the hospital recovery room he met Bill and became interested in joining Possum Lodge. Around this time Red met his wife Bernice at a church picnic where they had both gone for the free food. Red and Bernice feel instantly in love and got married later that year without even waiting for the results of the pregnancy test.
grin.gif

Red Green is the leader of Possum Lodge, Chapter 13, a northern Ontario eyesore who's motto is, Quondo Omni Flunkus Mortati (when all else fails, play dead). Red has the down home wisdon of Will Rogers, the rural charm of Garrison Keillor, and about 18 times as much handyman inventiveness as the entire cast of Home Improvement.

About the character Bill Smith:
Bill Smith is an outdoorsman with a difference - he's a walking disaster area, a complete physical klutz. The good news is he's also indestructible... no, wait that's bad news cause it means he keeps coming back and hurting Red. The good news is that he's a complete optimist and laughs in the face of danger... no, come to think of it, that's bad news too, cause it means he always does things the hard way. Bill will try any sport, activity, or challenge, and with such enthusiasm, anyone within twenty feet will also end up being hurt. Bill doesn't really understand the laws of physics, and so sometimes he breaks them accidently. His weekly Adventure films are like Road Runner cartoons, only in black and white. And slower music. And not quite as believable.

grin.gif

I used to love the "Adventures with Bill" segments, but they haven't been featured in the last couple of years.

The Man's Prayer:
"I'm a man...
But I can change...
If I have to...
I guess."

grin.gif

"And those three little words men find so hard to say?"
"I DON'T KNOW."
grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online