• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If anyone wants a B5 video game...

Ranger One

Beyond the rim
Was I the only one who thought Armada was basically "Ages of Empires II in Space"? There was definitely something wrong when I was able to blow up a Borg cube with two wimpy Federation vessels. Still, I wish I still had this game just to apply the mods and play around with some Earthforce vessels.

------------------
The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice.

I'll have to try that mod later.
smile.gif
Thanks for the tip-off.

I'd love a good interplanatry sim, B5 would be a great universe for that. But can anyone recommend any generic sims that are to that scale?

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

I don't know of any more sims like Armada, Mr. President, but follow these links for some screen shots of "Babylon 5: Armada"
http://stamods.mindlessgames.com/pictures/ingameshots/Sun1.jpg

bad, Shadows, bad!
http://stamods.mindlessgames.com/pictures/ingameshots/Watcher9.jpg

bad, Vorlons, bad!
http://stamods.mindlessgames.com/pictures/ingameshots/Line.jpg

The battle of the line!
http://stamods.mindlessgames.com/pictures/ingameshots/Line2.jpg

There's...too many of them!
http://stamods.mindlessgames.com/pictures/ingameshots/Raiders!!!.jpg

Launch starfuries (this one's a little too dark for my tastes)

I can't wait for this weekend!

------------------
"What do you want?"

This is cool, I was greatly dissapointed by Armada's severe lack of units, but I guess I'm going to be dusting off my CD now
laugh.gif

------------------
This is so cool, I get a special space in which to give my personal messages to the world

Aww, this is just a public beta, tell me when the real thing is out

------------------
This is so cool, I get a special space in which to give my personal messages to the world

Correction, a public beta that doesn't appear to work

------------------

As most of you know, S14 has picked up the rights to the "Into the Fire" flight sim set in the B5 universe. I think they're going to try and release it around the time of B5:LR to capitalize on the movie.

However, if any of you have or have played the game "Star Trek: Armada" you should be aware that there is a conversion available on line to turn it into "Babylon 5: Armada"...a Real Time Strategy game that lets you recreate the Shadow War and the Drakh War! It looks incredible! It completely redesigns the game with new buttons on the GUI, new ships (of course) new weapons, new races, new sounds, new structures...everything.

Imagine contolling your own Shadow Death Cloud or Vorlon Planet Killer and you'll see why I'm sooo excited.

I get the mod this weekend (I hope) and I'll post a formal review of what you can and cannot do. It's available over at
http://stamods.mindlessgames.com

in the "mods" section of their site, it's under the Full Race Mods and is labeled
"The Babylon Project" (hee hee)

Beware, the file is 14 mb, but it installs itself and makes all the necessary changes to Armada. You should take steps to back up your copy of Armada if you no longer have the CD, it will be changed dramatically! Of course, once you go B5...you never go back!

Man, I can't wait!

"Mr. President, Shadow Battlecrabs are attacking our Q 40 mining station."
"Scramble the White Stars....here we go again! Hit it!"

------------------
"What do you want?"

Well, I dont have Armada, but I wonder if there are any B-5 games out there. Like I have previously stated, I am a newer fan of B-5...since the re-runs. I would love to get my hands on a B-5 game!

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

Well, there is one game I know of (and have). It's a basic arcade game that came on a CD I got a few years ago, called Shadow Wars. This CD also has a heap of sounds, mouse pointers, wall papers etc that you would expect on a desktop themed CD, and the game.
In the game you first get a starfury and shoot up raider ships that come from the top of the screen. When you get enough points you get a White Star, and the stages get harder with shadow fighters and destoryers coming down.
I'm not too sure if this CD is available any more, as it was only limited to 100,000 copies.

And hey, it may only be an arcade game (semi 3D mind you), but it's still Babylon 5!

------------------
"I think you're about to go where everyone has gone before" Susan Ivonova in Voices of Authority

Mr. Morden: I do not believe Sector 14 has acquired the game rights and materials. They have not stated anything like this yet, and they cannot release it by the time you state. It would take that time alone just to make up development team, and then more to train them, let alone release the game! Sorry if I ruined any false beliefs
smile.gif
It will come out sooner or later, though. I am not a stubborn bastard for no reason.
laugh.gif

------------------
I'm too lazy to write out the sig again.

I tried the B5 mod, but couldn't get on with it I'm afraid. So I uninstalled and reverted back to proper Armada.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

I finally got the mod....it wouldn't work for me either at first, then I tried "unzippiing" it with WinAce archiver and that program put all the files in the right places.
It's nice, the AI is dang hard during the Shadow War (Freaking Shadow Destroyers start raining death like 3 or 4 minutes in, while I still only have Brakiri Avioli and Drazi Sunhawks to Feebly throw in front of them! man, the sound those Shadow cruisers make!).

My main problems are that more of the sound effects aren't changed (I clicked on a Minbari Cruiser and heard "We are Klingons!" and was like..."Uhhh..no you're not. Someone fix the leaking fuel cell, they're hallucinating again."), the music didn't change (of course you could d-load some MP3s of B5 themes and paste them into the music folder yourself), and it takes a while to get to the 'cool' ships. Also, the guy who made it has like three classes of WhiteStars...what's with that? Oh well, the ships look INCREDIBLE! Even in the "cinematic" mode.

AnthonyF, I'd suggest you keep both versions. Don't give up on the The Babylon Project yet, especially if you haven't played the "Shadow War" scenario. Start an Instant Action game...pick League as your team, pick Centauri "hard AI" as the computer's team...then go to the "tech" and "units" selections and pick "Shadow War" from the drop down menus. You get Babylon 5 itself as your starting base, and can use it to build to heavy-hitters from the Army of Light (Narn Cruisers, Brakiri Avioli, Drazi Sunhawks, Minbari Cruisers, Vree Saucers, and of course WhiteStars). Don't drool over the ships too long though, the Shadows are merciless like this.

Good Stuff!

------------------
"What do you want?"

Hmm...I haven't seen my Armada CD in about 4 months...This is a good enough reason to track it down and find out who has it...
smile.gif

Your pagh is strong, my child.

Ah, hell .. I'm still waiting for Into the Fire. It'll be out someday
smile.gif
I've even souped-up my computer so it can play the game
smile.gif

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

I must say, the EV:O Plugin for B5 is great. I play it when I need a fix
smile.gif

------------------
You get more with kind words and a two by four, than with just kind words...

If any of you have Escape Velocity from Ambrosia software there is a B5 add-on available on their website. If you do not have Escape Velocity it can be downloaded also both can be found at http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/ev/
The add-on was never compleated but does have several of the planets some of the ships and a few missions. If you have any questions about it e-mail me at raven2032@hotmail.com

------------------
'Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.'"

The homeworld mod is awesome as well. I have the Earth/Minbari war, and the Omega Destroyers rock! What is the name of the Escape Velocity add-on? I cannot find it on the site.

------------------

If you want to see how AMAZING "Into the Fire" would have been/will be, then go to this page and load up the "In-Game Movie" in the "Current Media" section.
http://pc.ign.com/previews/11194.html

It looks 10 times better than the "Armada" stills.

You can skip the "Trailer" movie, it's not from the game, it's just culled footage from the raider attack in "Signs and Portents".... unless you want that clip, that is.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
If you want to see how AMAZING "Into the Fire" would have been/will be, then go to this page and load up the "In-Game Movie" in the "Current Media" section.
http://pc.ign.com/previews/11194.html

It looks 10 times better than the "Armada" stills.

You can skip the "Trailer" movie, it's not from the game, it's just culled footage from the raider attack in "Signs and Portents".... unless you want that clip, that is.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the link, that looked(s) very promising....

------------------
"Faith Manages"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back