• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trek XI Set for Xmas 2008 release

I still think the idea sucks. But the resemblance is there, and he was decent enough on 24 .. I guess.

Still not sure if I will go to see the movie at all. As Nimoy will be in it, probably - in spite of myself.

I think he will do a good job. He has the look, and I think can certainly pull off most of the persona. Glad to see Nimoy is going to be in it. Now I'm waiting to hear about Shatner being in it to be completely happy. :)

I was reading about this earlier. I wasn't too sure about another movie, particularly one set with a young Kirk and Spock, but I have faith that Abrams will do a good job with it. I agree that Quintos has the look for the part. I'm curious as to who they're going to get to play Kirk. I just hope they can talk Erik Knudsen into the part. :D

I was reading about this earlier. I wasn't too sure about another movie, particularly one set with a young Kirk and Spock, but I have faith that Abrams will do a good job with it. I agree that Quintos has the look for the part. I'm curious as to who they're going to get to play Kirk. I just hope they can talk Erik Knudsen into the part. :D

The kid from Jericho as Kirk?

Nobody can play Kirk but Shatner. Nobody.

[lol] I take it you won't be seeing it. Or you'll watch it and know you'll be disappointed.

I think the same is true for Spock. People can play another Vulcan, but Spock was a very unique mix of human and Vulcan personalities. :)

I'm waiting until I hear lots of feedback before even considering seeing it. So, whoever sees it, come back and let us know how you liked it. Please. :D

My choice for Kirk has always been Thomas Jane, who recently backed out of The Punisher sequel. I'm not sold on Sylar; he appears to have no Spock-like qualities at all.

I must believe, I must believe.

I'm sure I'll see it, for the same reason I saw Die Hard 4: Die Already, Matrix: Regurgitation, Governator 3, Star Wars: Return of the Merchandise, etc.

the reason this film will licks giant hairy balls, is that it flies in the face of trek canon, kirk and spock didn't meet at the fucking academy, i have never been impressed by abrams, man's a wanker and a journeyman, especially in his movie work. wrong idea and wrong actor, i guarantee it will be worse than the motion picture, the final frontier and nemesis fucking combined.

sorry for the language but it makes my blood boil.

You mean its a lot like the stretch that JMS made having Sheridan, Franklin and G'Kar all meeting in "In the Beginning" ?? ;)

Yeah. That was a bit barmy... then G'kar, Franklin and Sherridan not knowing each other in season 2. Heh.

I kind of lost it with Trek continuity when I and my family did not die in the Eugenics Wars of the 1980s. And when Archer met the Romulans. And when the Borg went back in time. Ah heck... Still, something like Kirk and Spock meeting should be given respect. No personal problem with Abrams, I even enjoyed MI3.

The Kirk auditions should consist solely of shouting KAAAAAAAHNNN !!! as best they can.

Last edited:
My choice for Kirk has always been Thomas Jane, who recently backed out of The Punisher sequel. I'm not sold on Sylar; he appears to have no Spock-like qualities at all.

I must believe, I must believe.

I wouldn't say that. I thought the portrayal of Sylar had the perfect blend of suppressing emotions, while still elaving a hint there was some emotions deep down, somewhere. If he can do the nuances, I think he can possibly really shine in the part (And don't forget, Nimoy is in the movie as the Older Spock, and has lots of Directorial experience, so he very well may be a great teacher for Zach Quinto to portray Spock). Kirk, and the chemistry between them, I am still concerned with, but, I think Zach Quinto may well do an outstanding job.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back